Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

Chiefs sign Alex Smith

23 posts in this topic

NOW what's West Chester Raven going to talk about?!!!

:eek:

Chiefs could actually be a good team this year if they have a strong draft. Alex Smith isn't a world beater, but he's solid, and they have weapons all over the field.

Chiefs could actually be a good team this year if they have a strong draft. Alex Smith isn't a world beater, but he's solid, and they have weapons all over the field.

Dwayne Bowe is a free agent. They need him back badly.

not surprising and good move by kc .......

yesterday someone said the biggest winner at the combine was alex smith ......

everytime the qbs at the combine worked out smith's price went up .....

You are such a loser. Ever notice how you get ZERO participation from other posters when you try to bash me or lure me into stupid arguments? The best was the one you did a week or so ago. Zero replies. Not quite the way you saw things play out, right?

Actually, the Alex Smith deal should work out well for the Chiefs. I'm happy for Alex and the Chiefs. Their fans have something to look forward to this year and reason for hope. That's part of the fun of the NFL.

Dwayne Bowe is a free agent. They need him back badly.

Agree. Dwayne Bowe now has reason to WANT to come back. New coach, decent QB, new system, it could be great for him and the team. Reid likes to throw the ball a lot and they've upgraded at QB. Things are looking up.

We shall see if the Chiefs got themselves another system QB like they did with Cassel. Smith didn't do anything of note in SF until Harbaugh arrived. Reid has gotten the most out of his QB's, so there is that.

However, if they don't bring Bowe back, Smith will have no one to throw to and opposing defenses will focus on stopping the run and forcing Smith to beat them through the air.

It was a so-so move, IMO...but considering they had 6 pro bowlers a year ago and they do have some talent on the team it was a move they had to make.

tHE cHIEFS GOT A STARTING qb WHO IS BETTER THAN WHAT IS COMING OUT NOW.

I still think wacking Haley was a error.

It's a good move for the Chiefs and Smith. Smith's solid and can hold the fort down for a few years to give the Chiefs a chance to find and develop a young QB.

Smith deserves it too, he handled the situation in SF well.

Haley's personality seems to lead to some drama wherever he goes. Conflicts in ARI, conflicts in KC, and there were reports this year out of PIT of some personality / philosophy conflicts there too. Who knows.

Prediction: 2013 Chiefs: 7-9. If Alex Smith puts the team on his back and takes them to the post season, I'll gladly man up and say I was wrong.

Haley's personality seems to lead to some drama wherever he goes. Conflicts in ARI, conflicts in KC, and there were reports this year out of PIT of some personality / philosophy conflicts there too. Who knows.

Conflict in AZ- team goes to Super Bowl and almost wins.

Conflict in KC- team wins divison for first time in 10 years.

Haley is from the Parcells coaching tree.

Conflict in AZ- team goes to Super Bowl and almost wins.

Conflict in KC- team wins divison for first time in 10 years.

Haley is from the Parcells coaching tree.

Haley is no Parcells.

y u waste time with aredskins fan like westchester puke ??? he thinks nfl is fun !!!! not even on same page as a ravens fan when it comes to reality of nfl success .

y u waste time with aredskins fan like westchester puke ??? he thinks nfl is fun !!!! not even on same page as a ravens fan when it comes to reality of nfl success .
I think you're confused. WCR is a Ravens fan. HAIL2BNG is a Redskins fan.

Well, the Cheifs are 9-0. I'd say that Alex Smith has worked out quite well. Now - he is a system QB who needs a strong supporting cast to win. But he is winning. So his stats aren't good, but he wins so he is good right?

Well, the Cheifs are 9-0. I'd say that Alex Smith has worked out quite well. Now - he is a system QB who needs a strong supporting cast to win. But he is winning. So his stats aren't good, but he wins so he is good right?

Alex Smith also has more rushing yards this season the RAY RICE  LOL

Edited by Oriole-Bob

Prediction: 2013 Chiefs: 7-9. If Alex Smith puts the team on his back and takes them to the post season, I'll gladly man up and say I was wrong.

Time to man-up, OCF.

Well you could be right they just have lose 9 of their 7 games.   Coincidently they could probably stop playing the rest of the season and still make it in the playoffs as a wildcard.

Edited by Oriole-Bob

Alex Smith also has more rushing yards this season the RAY RICE  LOL

Who doesn't have more yards than Ray Rice? :o

Yeah like he'll ever do that :D

Again...you always confuse you with me.

Just sayin...

He's a classic game manager. As long as the defense holds other teams to within a certain limited range, he's probably going to win. And to date, the Chiefs have one of the best D's in the NFL. But like Reid teams of the past, and/or like Martyball teams, when they go up against the high scoring teams in the playoffs, they tend to not win. No real surprise. But yes...I acknowledge I was way off with regard to my score prediction. WTG Alex Smith.

;)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan