• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 flyboy56

flyboy56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

The History Channel has a new show called "The Bible". This character portrays Satan on the show. Many people are upset because they think he looks like President Obama. What are your thoughts?

http://wxerfm.com/bl...ding-lot-peopl/

#2 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,772 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

A slight resemblance. Awesome costume/makeup job on that series. Though for some reason the Moses character looks like a strung out homeless guy.

#3 flyboy56

flyboy56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

A slight resemblance. Awesome costume/makeup job on that series. Though for some reason the Moses character looks like a strung out homeless guy.

Moses was homeless for 40 years so maybe the guy is truly in character.

#4 flyboy56

flyboy56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Obama at 75.

#5 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,801 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

He does kind of look like Obama.

Either way, I'm happy the History Channel is spending money on history related shows rather stuff like Pawn Stars and Ice Road Truckers...
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#6 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,729 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wanted to like it considering I thought they did a decent job with the Presidents series. I couldn't hang with it. I wish they'd get back to Hitler.
"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#7 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

He does.... wit that white *** hippy looking Jesus...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#8 TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Debonair, Handsome, Intelligent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

New career for Hussein?

#9 flyboy56

flyboy56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

He does.... wit that white *** hippy looking Jesus...

Does anyone really believe Jesus was a white looking dude with brown hair and blue eyes coming out of the middle east? You would at least think the Catholic church would have a better description of him on file in their super secret archive.

#10 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,801 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Does anyone really believe Jesus was a white looking dude with brown hair and blue eyes coming out of the middle east? You would at least think the Catholic church would have a better description of him on file in their super secret archive.

I think he probably looked more like Bin Laden than a white hippy dude...
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#11 flyboy56

flyboy56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I often wondered about that while attending Catholic masses growing up. Either his picture could be seen in the stain glass window above the alter or a statue off to the side. The stain glass window really showed off his blue eyes.

#12 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,031 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

I saw the first show and it immediately hit me that the guy looked like Obama when he flashed across the screen briefly. Overall, the show seems a little low budget somehow and the production values and acting aren't that great. The Ninja style fighting angels were also hokey. Considering all the hype, it was a letdown.
Ne Nuntium Necare

#13 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,997 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Some of the older and more recent stories they have unearthed say that he looked different to everyone who saw him, or was a shapeshifter. :o

http://www.dnaindia....an-text_1811175

Judas used a kiss to betray Jesus because Jesus had the ability to change shape, according to a newly deciphered Egyptian text, dating back almost 1,200 years

The text also puts the day of the arrest of Jesus on Tuesday evening rather than Thursday evening, something that contravenes the Easter timeline, the Fox News reported

Written in the Coptic language, the ancient text further claimed that Pontius Pilate, the judge who authorised Jesus’ crucifixion, had dinner with Jesus before his crucifixion and offered to sacrifice his own son in the place of Jesus.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#14 woody

woody

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,370 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

He does kind of look like Obama.

Either way, I'm happy the History Channel is spending money on history related shows rather stuff like Pawn Stars and Ice Road Truckers...

Or like CNN & Fox useless opinion chatter. The History Channel Bible series is an excellent series to watch...good summary. Much better than most of the garbage that is on TV today. Am happy with the series too.

#15 flyboy56

flyboy56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Or like CNN & Fox useless opinion chatter. The History Channel Bible series is an excellent series to watch...good summary. Much better than most of the garbage that is on TV today. Am happy with the series too.

I think you mean MSNBC along with Fox News. CNN is mostly news reporting.

#16 Troubadour

Troubadour

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

This is what he looked like:

http://www.popularme...rensics/1282186

#17 woody

woody

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,370 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

I think you mean MSNBC along with Fox News. CNN is mostly news reporting.

It is all a hoot. Some few are critical of the actor playing satan looking a like the President. I suppose there are some that think the president is santan looking like the actor. Satan was to look like doom, gloom and death and the actor selected for the part fits the character. Good show.

#18 flyboy56

flyboy56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

This is what he looked like:

http://www.popularme...rensics/1282186

But without a skull how would even the experts be able to scientifically figure out how Jesus looked? The picture is certainly one that would be closer to Jesus' actual appearance considering where he was from.

#19 woody

woody

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,370 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

But without a skull how would even the experts be able to scientifically figure out how Jesus looked? The picture is certainly one that would be closer to Jesus' actual appearance considering where he was from.

I suppose some of us will never know.

#20 SalisburySage

SalisburySage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,695 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Are you kidding. Its the best type casting I've ever seen. God bless the History channel.
Attacking Gay marriage and trying to legislate your beliefs that homosexuality is a sin in order to protect American Families is like banning money to cure poverty

"Moral disapproval of a group cannot be a legitimate state interest."

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users