Photo
- - - - -

Want to UNITE Baltimore? A pay it forward idea...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JB4oneness

JB4oneness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'm ready for a change here in Baltimore! Are you? I truly believe we have a lot of potential which is why I'm ready to unite Baltimore City! A shift in our consciousness is ready to happen and it just takes a few believers in this idea...

My plan: Unlike other volunteer programs that cater to the homeless, troubled, or any specific category of people, I want to help the average neighbor with simple day to day needs. For example: a car ride, an errand, household tasks, dog walks, you name it. Now, there's no promise that the task can be achieved but it's worth asking right? Of course, restrictions do apply. Neither party will receive any form of financial gain. Simply, I want to support those who want supported. I want to let others know that I see you, I hear you, and you matter. I plan to recruit others to do the same as I will. . .help (That's one reason I need YOU!). If there is something you are good at or you love doing, I want to know about it!

My hope is that one act of kindness can ripple into a kind and caring community- a community that's united and an example for other communities that need and want a change.

The catch (if you want to call it that): those we help be willing to pay it forward. Once their task has been taken care of they would join (if willing) the pool of people who are notified of the next task. There is no pressure for anyone to commit to a task but that they simply be willing to be informed of the task. If willing I'd like to have their most preferred way of contact (email or number).

A Facebook account has been created called "United Community Movement". Check it out and feel free to get this started by being the helper or helpee.

****Also, check out my you tube video which explains more****

Thank you for taking the time to read this post!
If interested in any part of this (if you need help with something simple and neighborly or you'd like to offer help), please contact Jessica @ 410-497-7479, UnitedCommunityMovement(AT)gmail.com (written this way to avoid spam), or visit United Community Movement on Facebook.

Always in partnership,
Jess

Edited by JB4oneness, 06 May 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#2 JB4oneness

JB4oneness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hi everyone! I'm happily overwhelmed with how many people are willing to help. Now all we need are people who'd like some assistance. Feel free to call, email, or visit Facebook to connect with us!

#3 quagnatch

quagnatch

Suspended

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

This is a really interesting idea. Could you post a link to the facebook account for quick access?

#4 JB4oneness

JB4oneness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Absolutely! Great thinking! Also, make sure you LIKE this page so that you can stay up to date on posts
https://www.facebook...129994313834513

#5 JB4oneness

JB4oneness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hi All! In an effort to build the United Community Movement, I've recently spent significant time making this video I'd like to share. If you are moved by this and what I'm trying to build, please LIKE United Community Movement on Facebook and get involved Hope you enjoy

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=IOwM0nRL7JM

#6 JB4oneness

JB4oneness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." -- Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users