Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eastside Terp

NCAA Tourney ......

9 posts in this topic

Detroit came into the tourney at 5-9 and folks were critical of their inclusion ......

they are leading number 2 seed Notre Dame 6-2 in the 3rd quarter ......

this has been fun to watch .......

huge game at Maryland tomorrow with Cornell coming to town ......

Headlines:

Unseeded Cornell "routes" 6th seeded Maryland, 16-8, at College Park.

Watched most of the game, and from the 3rd on, this game was never in any doubt for Big Red.

2 different seasons for the Terps. Got off to a great start this season easily claiming the top spot in the rankings and then losing embarrassingly to Cornell in yesterday's 1st Round Tournament action. Not hard to figure WHY when you review the tape of yesterday's game with missed defensive assignments, errant shooting, and way too many ' extra ' passes when they were moving the ball around. Too much talent for this team not to advance. Give the BIG RED credit while giving the Terp coaching staff a ' F ' for both an ill-conceived game plan and failing to make in-game adjustments.

Didn't watch the whole game, but what I saw early on was dominance by Cornell on faceoffs and groundballs. Throw in the Terps turnovers, and it wasn't pretty.

So, all Maryland teams - Towson, Maryland and Loyola - defeated in 1st round....and Hopkins didn't even make the tourney. When was the last time such poor showing from all Md teams?

So, all Maryland teams - Towson, Maryland and Loyola - defeated in 1st round....and Hopkins didn't even make the tourney. When was the last time such poor showing from all Md teams?

I believe I read yesterday that it's the first time ever a Maryland team did not make the quarterfinals. Parity and the huge growth of the sport may make this more common down the road.

Cornell crushes OSU, while Yale loses a heartbreaker to Syracuse.

I was hoping for a re-match of Cornell vs Yale.

Go Big Red!