17 replies to this topic

#1 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

In Texas, he gets death via lethal injection.

In Baltimore, he gets to join the Black Guerrilla Family and have sex with guards for the next 50 years.

Police said Damond Stansbury has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of the child, Marlo McFadden, who was found unresponsive Monday morning in his grandmother's home in the 1600 block of Mountmor Court in the Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood.

But detectives turned to two young children who were at the home at the time, asking them what happened.
"Damond hit Marlo a lot," one of the children replied, according to charging documents.

The detective ended the interview and took the young witness to the Baltimore Child Abuse Center, where he was interviewed by a social worker. The 6-year-old said Stansbury had beaten Marlo on his head and body before the children were put to bed.

The child's mother also told investigators that Stansbury had abused the boy "at least 10 times in the past," and said "he would always punch the child in the body," making motions of the strikes in the same way a boxer would throw body punches, court records show. An autopsy showed that Marlo Stansbury was charged with first-degree murder and related assault charges.

It takes great depravity to beat an infant to death.

(Shhh, we're not supposed to talk about crimes like this......because.......) smh

#2 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,896 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

(Shhh, we're not supposed to talk about crimes like this......because.......) smh

How can that be, that's all you talk about.:confused:

And what Texas does would seem irrelevant.

#3 musicmd

musicmd

the CAF Red Tail Squadron preserve and share the history and leg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

In Baltimore, he gets to join the Black Guerrilla Family and have sex with guards for the next 50 years.

Police said Damond Stansbury has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of the child, Marlo McFadden, who was found unresponsive Monday morning in his grandmother's home in the 1600 block of Mountmor Court in the Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood.

It takes great depravity to beat an infant to death.

I guess you didn't know we're not supposed to talk about bipolar disorder.;) SHB
I bet you know a lot about having your salad toss in prison.

Edited by musicmd, 16 June 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#4 bmorepunk

bmorepunk

I Can't Read Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thankfully, due to the death penalty, no one commits murder in Texas.

Seriously though, Houston's murder rate is roughly half of Baltimore's. Chicago's murder rate is close to Houston. Illinois abolished the death penalty and has draconian gun laws, yet has a similar murder rate to Houston.

Speaking of Illinois gun laws, apparently there is a bill on the governor's desk waiting to be signed that will make it a shall-issue state. This is apparently because they were losing a legal challenge and if they do so they will be "constitutional carry" and have no rules. So this way they make people get training and permits. Kind of wild considering you have to have a firearms permit in Illinois to buy ammo.

#5 Omahabeach

Omahabeach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

This is why i believe in the devil. The thought that any grown man could do this to a child is just unbelieveable.

#6 markh

markh

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

I blame the mother also if she knew that creep was punching the child and didn't report it.:mad:What a sad life those animals live.

#7 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,488 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Yup, there are no murders in Texas. the death penalty must be working :rolleyes:

#8 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

Yup, there are no murders in Texas. the death penalty must be working :rolleyes:

Death penalty does not prevent murders, it punishes murders.

is that concept hard to follow? It's all about punishment at the appropriate level, has nothing to do with prevention.

#9 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,488 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

Death penalty does not prevent murders, it punishes murders.

is that concept hard to follow? It's all about punishment at the appropriate level, has nothing to do with prevention.

Big whoop. Texas executed 13 people in 2011, yet had 1089 murders that year. You do the math

#10 Omahabeach

Omahabeach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Big whoop. Texas executed 13 people in 2011, yet had 1089 murders that year. You do the math

Yes but thse 13 will have no chance to murder a correctional officer or get paroled and murder smeone else. In other comments have you not said you were in favor of the death penalty?

#11 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,488 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm not against the death penalty. I just don't see what Texas' death penalty has to do with a murder here. Not to mention most convicted murderers won'ty even get a death sentence in any state, much less have to worry about being executed if they are sentenced to death for 10 to 20 years if ever

#12 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

I just don't see what Texas' death penalty has to do with a murder here.

It was mentioned solely as a COMPARISON to the possible penalties this thug will get in MD (none of which will be execution).

Nothing more.

If this infant-beating killer did his crime in Texas, he could be executed.

Since he did it in MD, we, the citizens of MD will give him 3-hots and a cot for another 50 years. Perhaps if he joins he Black Guerrillas he may even get some poon tang from the guards.

#13 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,488 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

If this infant-beating killer did his crime in Texas, he could be executed.

Could, but also might not.

#14 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,024 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

I wonder how many people plead out or turned state's evidence to avoid the death penalty

#15 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Could, but also might not.

The very real possibility of a death sentence and execution exists there.

In fact, in less than a month Texas will execute a man who killed a 19 month old baby. He also punched the baby in the abdomen, causing it to die.

Here, no such chance anymore.

#16 bmorepunk

bmorepunk

I Can't Read Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

I'm not against the death penalty. I just don't see what Texas' death penalty has to do with a murder here. Not to mention most convicted murderers won'ty even get a death sentence in any state, much less have to worry about being executed if they are sentenced to death for 10 to 20 years if ever

I'm also not against the death penalty. I don't find it's use as some kind of useful punishment, but I suppose it makes some people feel better.

If the individual is so dangerous that they can't be incarcerated without killing other inmates or correctional officers, I'm all for the death penalty.

If the individual is so dangerous to the public that if they escaped and they had the ability and intent to commit murder then I'm all for the death penalty.

#17 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,024 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm also not against the death penalty. I don't find it's use as some kind of useful punishment, but I suppose it makes some people feel better.

If the individual is so dangerous that they can't be incarcerated without killing other inmates or correctional officers, I'm all for the death penalty.

If the individual is so dangerous to the public that if they escaped and they had the ability and intent to commit murder then I'm all for the death penalty.

What about the DP's use as a bargaining chip?

I bet many a man has squealed or taken a plea to avoid facing the chair.

#18 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,488 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

The very real possibility of a death sentence and execution exists there.

In fact, in less than a month Texas will execute a man who killed a 19 month old baby. He also punched the baby in the abdomen, causing it to die.

Here, no such chance anymore.

There was basically no chance here anyway the way it was used, so I don't know what you're complaining about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users