• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Princeton Day Academy in Lanham, where Aquille Carr went to school last year, apparently announced they were starting a varsity football program in 2013 back in mid-March. They do not appear on anyone's schedule and there is no MaxPreps page for their football program.

The only references I can find are the DC Sports Fan Network post from when they announced they were starting a football team (http://www.thesports...n-day-football/) and another post from 4/15 stating "Princeton Day has Sept-13th, Oct-11th &18th open for any 2A or 3A teams looking to fill their schedule for this season. Call 240-418-8923" as well as one mention on their website (http://www.princeton.../Athletics.html) with no follow up information.

This one's throwing me for a loop more than National Christian Academy. Anyone know anything about this at all?

#2 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

I've heard about it for some time Terry White from what I've heard is going to be the coach. He has coached youth ball in Laurel and now heads up a GYFL team with his numerous business ventures. He resume states he's coached high school football before, but I've never had anyone confirm that. Should be interesting how they field a team as they've already started the St. Frances approach.

#3 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

I've heard about it for some time Terry White from what I've heard is going to be the coach. He has coached youth ball in Laurel and now heads up a GYFL team with his numerous business ventures. He resume states he's coached high school football before, but I've never had anyone confirm that. Should be interesting how they field a team as they've already started the St. Frances approach.

It's a real interesting league they play their sports in too. The Capital Beltway Athletic Association (CBAA) consists of Riverdale Bapist (CAFC Football), National Christian (New Football Program), Princeton Day (New Football Program), Heritage Christian (No Football), Friendship Collegiate (Independent Football) and Ceasar Chavez Charter (CAFC Football). I'd be interested to see if this league adds football as 5/6 of the members play the sport.

I could see FCA, National Christian, Riverdale and Princeton Day getting some outstanding football athletes if they played each other and WCAC-quality non-conference schedules. I think these new programs will also weaken PG County football. Now if a kid can't academically qualify for a WCAC school they have a private school alternative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users