27 replies to this topic

#1 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,361 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

http://www.splcenter...te-nationalism/

Derek Black, the son of the former Alabama Klan leader who now runs the largest racist Web forum in the world, has renounced white nationalism, saying that he had been through “a gradual awakening process” and apologizing for his past activism.

In an E-mail (pdf) to the editor of this blog this week, Black, 24, wrote that he had come to see the arguments of white nationalism as “principally flawed,” adding that he had realized that American society is marked by an “overwhelming disparity between white power and that of everyone else” and that white nationalism was really about “an entrenched desire to preserve white power at the expense of others.”

“Advocating for white nationalism means that we are opposed to minority attempts to elevate themselves to a position equal to our own,” wrote Black, a junior at the elite New College of Florida. “It is an advocacy that I cannot support, having grown past my bubble, talked to the people I affected, read more widely, and realized the necessary impact my actions had on people I never wanted to harm.”

Sometimes, people can change and evolve.

Some of you here might want to give this a read, so you can do the same.

#2 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

Does New College of Florida have a football team?

#3 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,152 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Man, didn't take [Calamari] long to abandon ship on her other gem of a thread.:D

Edited by Baltimatt, 18 July 2013 - 04:26 AM.
Unwanted nickname removed

#4 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Good for him and he isn't the first nor will he be the last.

#5 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,554 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

Good for him. Maybe there is hope for kandace's kids.

#6 TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Debonair, Handsome, Intelligent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Racists of all colors are morons. But, as always, I have a solution. Instead of white, black, red, brown, yellow...how about just 2 categories?
Category One: People who judge other people by the color of their skin instead of the content of their character are a-holz.
Category Two: People who don't, aren't.
Problem solved.

#7 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

It is probably a bit easier to float free if you were just born in the depths of right wing thought and still have an intact mind to reason your way up out of it. Unfortunately most of them seem to be sinking towards it, because these are stupid, sad wrecks that have nowhere to go but down. Those ones can't really be salvaged.

#8 llubon

llubon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

Don't believe Derek Black he will always be a racist through no fault of his own.........he unfortunately was born white.

#9 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Don't believe Derek Black he will always be a racist through no fault of his own.........he unfortunately was born white.

I don't believe the first part, nor do I believe the unfortunately bit in the second. Sometimes the things you say are rational, at others you cross into the mirror-image of folks like Jeebus and the shadow. This is one of those times.

#10 llubon

llubon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

I don't believe the first part, nor do I believe the unfortunately bit in the second. Sometimes the things you say are rational, at others you cross into the mirror-image of folks like Jeebus and the shadow. This is one of those times.

I speak bluntly and honestly....................your candor is noted.

#11 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,634 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

So all whites are racist? Are any blacks racist? Isn't the very act of saying all whites are racist in fact a racist statement? Attributing a negative characteristic to all members of a racial group is in fact the definition of racism.

rac·ism [rey-siz-uhm]
noun
1. the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others

#12 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Just not intelligently. Pretty bad when even Calamari is calling you out.

#13 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Highly Sophisticated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

The idea that all white people are trashy scum is not based in reality. And here I am, an evil whitey spending an inordinate amount of time on this board defending Martin and African American rights, and this is how I get thanks? Certainly says a lot about you.

#14 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

So all whites are racist? Are any blacks racist? Isn't the very act of saying all whites are racist in fact a racist statement? Attributing a negative characteristic to all members of a racial group is in fact the definition of racism.

rac·ism [rey-siz-uhm]
noun
1. the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others

Now you're going to have him all confused.

#15 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

It's funny to see a certain poster calling out a certain other poster for painting with a broad brush. It is quite ironic.

#16 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

It's funny to see a certain poster calling out a certain other poster for painting with a broad brush. It is quite ironic.

Gee, through all that cryptic code, whatever could be your point? :rolleyes:

#17 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

It gets in the way of their attempts to misrepresent my arguments. They'd cry if they did, they'd cry if I didn't, so I just do as I please.

#18 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

It gets in the way of their attempts to misrepresent my arguments. They'd cry if they did, they'd cry if I didn't, so I just do as I please.

I honestly thought he was talking about me since I had just posted.

#19 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

It's cool. Chances are good they don't have any idea who they are talking about either.

#20 kandace

kandace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,196 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

White folks, Black folks, and White Supremacy are like Matrix. The hard core White racists are agents, and Black folks are the denizens of Zion. Average Whites are the typical Matrix denizens. However, whenever the Matrix system needs extra agents, it morphs an average Matrix denizen into an agents. The problem most Black folk don't want to face is that you can never be sure when the average Caucasian will morph into a White racist. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users