• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 baltiMOREOandR

baltiMOREOandR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

This team has it all in all three phases. What think ye?

#2 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

They have replaced losses with players that are younger and faster, in some cases, and more accomplished, in others.

Remember, the losses on D were actually the losses from a 17th ranked defense.

They have gotten better and more athletic on the D line, at LB and in the secondary.

On Offense, Flacco's "security blanket" of the year (Boldin who followed Mason, etc.) is gone. In his place are big, young, fast WRS that Flacco has practiced with for 2 or 3 years.

So, it looks like the pieces are in place.

However, I heard a nasty rumor that the Ravens STILL will have to play a bunch of games to prove the above!

It WILL be fun to watch!

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

I'm surprised that the Ravens have done nothing whatsoever to replace Boldin, aside from stating that they believe they already have his replacement on the roster. That remains to be seen.

Other than that, I think they have a better team in 2013.

#4 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

I'm surprised that the Ravens have done nothing whatsoever to replace Boldin, aside from stating that they believe they already have his replacement on the roster. That remains to be seen.

We'll see what the young WRs can do at this point, if they don't get it done Ozzie will make
a move, it's as simple as that. I personally would feel more comfortable if they added a
veteran WR but then again I would love for Joe to turn guys like Doss and Thompson into
good NFL receivers, maybe his haters would shut up.

#5 Fang

Fang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

There is no one in the league that can do what Boldin does. Certianly there isn't someone out on the waiver wire or that player would have been snatched up by now. But they do have a bunch of young guys that they can pull from.

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

There is no one in the league that can do what Boldin does. Certianly there isn't someone out on the waiver wire or that player would have been snatched up by now. But they do have a bunch of young guys that they can pull from.

Brandon Lloyd has racked up 1,448, 966, & 911 yards, respectively, the past 3 years. That's the kind of production I'm talking about. And he's available.

#7 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Brandon Lloyd has racked up 1,448, 966, & 911 yards, respectively, the past 3 years. That's the kind of production I'm talking about. And he's available.

Why is he still available if he's so productive? The Patriots cut him which is a red flag since
they have their own WR issues and they have Josh McDaniels the man responsible for Lloyd
being a productive receiver. I wouldn't have a problem if the Ravens signed him but him being
a lockerroom problem is the biggest reason he's still available.

#8 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Why is he still available if he's so productive? The Patriots cut him which is a red flag since
they have their own WR issues and they have Josh McDaniels the man responsible for Lloyd
being a productive receiver. I wouldn't have a problem if the Ravens signed him but him being
a lockerroom problem is the biggest reason he's still available.

The Patriots cutting him is not a red flag. He didn't fit into their system because they geared their passing game to underneath stuff, and Lloyd is an over the top receiver. It's pretty simple to understand.

Furthermore, Rolando McClain was a total turd, and yet the Ravens signed him. I'm sick and tired of hearing about this locker room problem and that locker room problem. Dereck Mason was a problem and the Ravens held onto him for years. The Ravens don't have a legitimate number 2 wide receiver. Lloyd is available. Sign him and move on. He's better than Reed + Doss combined. You don't choose to not re-sign a player of the caliber of Boldin and NOT go out and try in earnest to replace him.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 24 July 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#9 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

The Patriots cutting him is not a red flag. He didn't fit into their system because they geared their passing game to underneath stuff, and Lloyd is an over the top receiver. It's pretty simple to understand.

Furthermore, Rolando McClain was a total turd, and yet the Ravens signed him. I'm sick and tired of hearing about this locker room problem and that locker room problem. Dereck Mason was a problem and the Ravens held onto him for years. The Ravens don't have a legitimate number 2 wide receiver. Lloyd is available. Sign him and move on. He's better than Reed + Doss combined. You don't choose to not re-sign a player of the caliber of Boldin and NOT go out and try in earnest to replace him.

There is no chance and I mean no chance in hell the Ravens will sign Brandon Lloyd unless it's an
emergency situation. Clearly the Ravens (specifically Harbaugh) don't want to deal with the
locker room divas anymore, just because they dealt with them in the past doesn't mean they
want to deal with them now. It's easier to deal with talented divas when you haven't won a
Superbowl but this is Harbaugh's team now so I'm pretty sure he wants his type of guys. Why
does it have to be Brandon Lloyd for you? I tweeted Rotoworld's Evan Silva about veteran
WR options for the Ravens not named Brandon Lloyd and he told me that Nate Washington,
a healthy Austin Collie (Caldwell connection) and Malcom Floyd would be really good options
for the Ravens. The Patriots signed Michael Jenkins over resigning Lloyd, there are other WR
needy teams out there who haven't signed Lloyd, the guy is a locker room. What is your damn
obsession with diva WRs anyway? You do realize they are fazing out more and more.

#10 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

ProFootballCentral ‏@PFCentral Why is Brandon Lloyd a free agent? Because he is waiting for New England to call and believes they will

Lloyd knows that Josh McDaniels is his ticket to success in the NFL, McDaniels is the only person who
can deal with him. OCF you honestly think it would go well with Lloyd and Harbaugh? Mason was a diva
but he had leadership qualities, Lloyd doesn't. It's no point in discussing this since at this point the Ravens
aren't going to bring in a veteran WR. If they don't sign a veteran don't you think that in order for Joe to
truly be an elite QB it would be better for him to develop his own receivers, it would enhance his reputation big time if he turns Doss, Thompson and the others into quality WRs. Manning, Brady, and Brees have done it, I'm not saying the Ravens shouldn't bring in a veteran WR but if they choose not too then
the young guys have done their jobs. If the young guys don't produce then you know Ozzie will do what
he needs to do and bring in a veteran WR, again it's as simple as that, why can't you understand that
concept?

#11 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

1. Lloyd is the most productive WR of the available WRs.
2. Whether or not he's even a diva is debatable.
3. For the record the Ravens have stated they don't intend to bring in ANY other WRs, so it's irrelevant whether or not he's a diva, and/or who else is available.
4. To not try to cover the hole left by the non re-signing of Boldin is unacceptable, as far as I'm concerned. You can't "develop" crap receivers like David Reed, period. Furthermore, if Harbaugh can't "work" with players, his success in the NFL will be limited.
5. The other moves the Ravens have made this off season have all been top notch; just not this one.

#12 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

1. Lloyd is the most productive WR of the available WRs.
2. Whether or not he's even a diva is debatable.
3. For the record the Ravens have stated they don't intend to bring in ANY other WRs, so it's irrelevant whether or not he's a diva, and/or who else is available.
4. To not try to cover the hole left by the non re-signing of Boldin is unacceptable, as far as I'm concerned. You can't "develop" crap receivers like David Reed, period. Furthermore, if Harbaugh can't "work" with players, his success in the NFL will be limited.
5. The other moves the Ravens have made this off season have all been top notch; just not this one.

My problem with you is your sick obsession with Brandon Lloyd, I'm more than fine with the
Ravens adding a veteran WR, you seem to think Brandon Lloyd is the only option. Go look
at the deep WR corps of the Titans, Chargers, Rams and Seahawks and you'll find some good
number 2 options. If you weren't so obsessed with Brandon Lloyd we wouldn't be having
this conversation, get off of Lloyd's **** and then we can have a real discussion about veteran
WRs available.

#13 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

My problem with you is your sick obsession with Brandon Lloyd, I'm more than fine with the
Ravens adding a veteran WR, you seem to think Brandon Lloyd is the only option. Go look
at the deep WR corps of the Titans, Chargers, Rams and Seahawks and you'll find some good
number 2 options. If you weren't so obsessed with Brandon Lloyd we wouldn't be having
this conversation, get off of Lloyd's **** and then we can have a real discussion about veteran
WRs available.

Sick obsession with Brandon Lloyd? Yet again, you over react and start hurling around stupid insults. That's why, for the most part, I do my best to simply ignore you and not comment on your posts any longer. There's just too much drama with your stupid posts then your even more stupid apologies, only to be followed at some point down the road by more of the same.

#14 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Sick obsession with Brandon Lloyd? Yet again, you over react and start hurling around stupid insults. That's why, for the most part, I do my best to simply ignore you and not comment on your posts any longer. There's just too much drama with your stupid posts then your even more stupid apologies, only to be followed at some point down the road by more of the same.

I don't give a **** whether you respond to my posts or not, I'm not losing sleep over your cocky
***. I'm not going to apologize to you or anyone else on this stupid board. I actually stayed
away from this stupid board because of the negativity and by the way I've despised your ***,
you turned your back on Ozzie Newsome you son of a *****. Well since everyone on here hates
me I might as well make this my swan song. I have nothing to live for so I might as well just
stab and kill myself, by the way I'm extremely serious but you don't know me so you don't care
anyway, no one does.

#15 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

^^^^
A definite cry for help.

#16 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

^^^^
A definite cry for help.

My wife and daughter were murdered in my ****ing home, you want to joke now.

#17 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

My wife and daughter were murdered in my ****ing home, you want to joke now.

No. I was being quite serious. But this is not the forum in which to deal with those most serious issues. I hope you get whatever support you need to help you through it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users