44 replies to this topic

#1 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

A group of men stole a vehicle in Waverly, then joined up with another group and cruised around North Baltimore, robbing joggers of their cell phones, police reports say.

In one of the incidents, the victim reported seeing an attacker clutching a Taser, and in a second the victim's own pepper spray was snatched out of her hand and pointed at her when she refused to turn over her phone.

At 6:15 a.m., a 54-year-old woman told police she was walking south in the 4800 block of Roland Ave. in Roland Park when a white SUV and a black four-door sedan passed her traveling north. Both vehicles made an abrupt U-turn. The woman told police she was tying her shoe when a male approached holding a Taser, telling her to "kick it." She handed over her Samsung cell phone, and they fled.

Police next responded to the 5500 block of N. Charles St., where a woman said she was jogging in front of the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen when she noticed the white SUV and the sedan. She told police that she believed the cars were following her, and she tried to speed up and change directions. The driver of the SUV and his passenger got out of the vehicle and demanded that she hand over her phone. When she resisted, another male grabbed pepper spray out of her hand, pointed it at her, and said, "Give me your [expletive] phone or I'm going to kill you."

Remember, just because they are threatening to kill you is no reason to profile them.

Just "kids" so there's no reason to worry.

#2 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,466 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

A group of men stole a vehicle in Waverly, then joined up with another group and cruised around North Baltimore, robbing joggers of their cell phones, police reports say.

Remember, just because they are threatening to kill you is no reason to profile them.

I disagree. "Threatening to kill" is behavior that warrants being profiled. Not to mention the abrupt u-turn...

#3 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,106 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

It takes multiple people and vehicles to steal a cell phone?

#4 RANII

RANII

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Boy it didn't take long for you to post this thread. Do you troll the internet looking for stories like this?

#5 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,106 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Do you troll the internet looking for stories like this?

It's on the front page of the Sun. I saw it there before I even saw this thread. :D

#6 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Boy it didn't take long for you to post this thread. Do you troll the internet looking for stories like this?

Feel free to comment on the thuggery instead of attacking the messenger.

#7 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

It's on the front page of the Sun. I saw it there before I even saw this thread. :D

That fact would not fit his agenda, therefore it is ignored.

#8 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Roland Park is plagued with burglaries and thefts

Check out this and other "Hudson's Corner" columns.

http://articles.balt...-broad-daylight

#9 RANII

RANII

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

That fact would not fit his agenda, therefore it is ignored.

OK so you troll the internet and the newspapers, you happy now?

#10 RANII

RANII

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Feel free to comment on the thuggery instead of attacking the messenger.

Is every comment you don't like an attack?

#11 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Is every comment you don't like an attack?

You make the post calling me a troll (post #4) and expect me not to respond? Why do you feel the need to comment on me and not the story?

Is every story about crime in the city an attack on you? Why do you feel the need to defend them all?

Interesting...

#12 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Inner city black youths get a bad rap
Let's not profile, these robbers could easily be College students from Hopkins or Loyola.
Or maybe high school students from Gilman

#13 RANII

RANII

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

You make the post calling me a troll (post #4) and expect me not to respond? Why do you feel the need to comment on me and not the story?

Is every story about crime in the city an attack on you? Why do you feel the need to defend them all?

Interesting...

At what point did I defend them? Recognizing your obvious agenda isn't defending criminal behavior.

#14 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,466 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

Inner city black youths get a bad rap
Let's not profile, these robbers could easily be College students from Hopkins or Loyola.
Or maybe high school students from Gilman

Do you share a brain with Jeebs? See post no. 2.

#15 Morgan208

Morgan208

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

troll the internet??? are you serious??? This is day in and day out in Baltimore. have you ever commented on UPinrank, who does search high and low looking for any crime committed by whites?

#16 LadyHollman

LadyHollman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,392 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

The jogging ladies in RP had their cell phones stolen while the people of Waverly had their cars stolen.

#17 RANII

RANII

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

troll the internet??? are you serious??? This is day in and day out in Baltimore. have you ever commented on UPinrank, who does search high and low looking for any crime committed by whites?

Oh please, all you have to do is look at his history to figure out what his number is, that's why most of his threads barely get any attention his agenda is obvious.

#18 musicmd

musicmd

the CAF Red Tail Squadron preserve and share the history and leg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Oh please, all you have to do is look at his history to figure out what his number is, that's why most of his threads barely get any attention his agenda is obvious.

Obvious is an understatement for him or her

#19 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Anytime you'd like to comment on the topic instead of attacking the messenger, feel free.

But that would be like admitting there's a problem, lol.

The topic is the increasing level of thuggery invading new "target-rich" environments.

#20 RANII

RANII

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

Anytime you'd like to comment on the topic instead of attacking the messenger, feel free.

But that would be like admitting there's a problem, lol.

The topic is the increasing level of thuggery invading new "target-rich" environments.

I guess every post you don't like is an attack to you. You don't care about crime, you only care about crimes commited by a certain group of people, you don't want even want to talk about crime, you just want your racist views to be validated. It's amazing when the topic is a white person commiting a crime you have nothing to say. Other than the time you saw a thread about a white criminal and you went and got a story about a black one and posted it using the same headline, and then complained when nobody took the bait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users