Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeebus

Roland Park latest target of thuggery

45 posts in this topic

A group of men stole a vehicle in Waverly, then joined up with another group and cruised around North Baltimore, robbing joggers of their cell phones, police reports say.

In one of the incidents, the victim reported seeing an attacker clutching a Taser, and in a second the victim's own pepper spray was snatched out of her hand and pointed at her when she refused to turn over her phone.

At 6:15 a.m., a 54-year-old woman told police she was walking south in the 4800 block of Roland Ave. in Roland Park when a white SUV and a black four-door sedan passed her traveling north. Both vehicles made an abrupt U-turn. The woman told police she was tying her shoe when a male approached holding a Taser, telling her to "kick it." She handed over her Samsung cell phone, and they fled.

Police next responded to the 5500 block of N. Charles St., where a woman said she was jogging in front of the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen when she noticed the white SUV and the sedan. She told police that she believed the cars were following her, and she tried to speed up and change directions. The driver of the SUV and his passenger got out of the vehicle and demanded that she hand over her phone. When she resisted, another male grabbed pepper spray out of her hand, pointed it at her, and said, "Give me your [expletive] phone or I'm going to kill you."

Remember, just because they are threatening to kill you is no reason to profile them.

Just "kids" so there's no reason to worry.

A group of men stole a vehicle in Waverly, then joined up with another group and cruised around North Baltimore, robbing joggers of their cell phones, police reports say.

Remember, just because they are threatening to kill you is no reason to profile them.

I disagree. "Threatening to kill" is behavior that warrants being profiled. Not to mention the abrupt u-turn...

Boy it didn't take long for you to post this thread. Do you troll the internet looking for stories like this?

Boy it didn't take long for you to post this thread. Do you troll the internet looking for stories like this?

Feel free to comment on the thuggery instead of attacking the messenger.

It's on the front page of the Sun. I saw it there before I even saw this thread. :D

That fact would not fit his agenda, therefore it is ignored.

Is every comment you don't like an attack?

You make the post calling me a troll (post #4) and expect me not to respond? Why do you feel the need to comment on me and not the story?

Is every story about crime in the city an attack on you? Why do you feel the need to defend them all?

Interesting...

You make the post calling me a troll (post #4) and expect me not to respond? Why do you feel the need to comment on me and not the story?

Is every story about crime in the city an attack on you? Why do you feel the need to defend them all?

Interesting...

At what point did I defend them? Recognizing your obvious agenda isn't defending criminal behavior.

Inner city black youths get a bad rap

Let's not profile, these robbers could easily be College students from Hopkins or Loyola.

Or maybe high school students from Gilman

Do you share a brain with Jeebs? See post no. 2.

troll the internet??? are you serious??? This is day in and day out in Baltimore. have you ever commented on UPinrank, who does search high and low looking for any crime committed by whites?

troll the internet??? are you serious??? This is day in and day out in Baltimore. have you ever commented on UPinrank, who does search high and low looking for any crime committed by whites?

Oh please, all you have to do is look at his history to figure out what his number is, that's why most of his threads barely get any attention his agenda is obvious.

Oh please, all you have to do is look at his history to figure out what his number is, that's why most of his threads barely get any attention his agenda is obvious.

Obvious is an understatement for him or her

Anytime you'd like to comment on the topic instead of attacking the messenger, feel free.

But that would be like admitting there's a problem, lol.

The topic is the increasing level of thuggery invading new "target-rich" environments.

Anytime you'd like to comment on the topic instead of attacking the messenger, feel free.

But that would be like admitting there's a problem, lol.

The topic is the increasing level of thuggery invading new "target-rich" environments.

I guess every post you don't like is an attack to you. You don't care about crime, you only care about crimes commited by a certain group of people, you don't want even want to talk about crime, you just want your racist views to be validated. It's amazing when the topic is a white person commiting a crime you have nothing to say. Other than the time you saw a thread about a white criminal and you went and got a story about a black one and posted it using the same headline, and then complained when nobody took the bait.

have you ever commented on UPinrank, who does search high and low looking for any crime committed by whites?

Morgan, I addressed this yesterday.

Somehow posters like you and a few others think that bringing attention to crimes in safe suburbia is a form of racism. When in reality, it brings attention to areas that your local nightly news broadcast rarely covers. I understand how that could make people like yourself, "Smokey 1" and others uncomfortable but it has nothing to do with racism.

Morgan, I addressed this yesterday.
I never said anything about racism. I am only pointing out that all of your post involve crimes committed by whites and some have been petty crimes like "copper thieves". I do not live in the "burbs". I grew up in waverly and Brooklyn, then lived in the barrio in Los Angles and Queens NY. I have no agenda unlike you. Your post are trying to mitigate the fact that blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime, when all your post do is magnify the fact.

I am not sure if the thugs are invading 'target rich' environments, or if the "volunteer victims*" are moving into more dangerous areas.

*these are normally bed-wetting, liberal, county dwellers who can not believe that they could ever be the victims of crime. They move into the city assuming that criminals are really honest, good people who just need another chance

I wonder where the thugs cashed in the cell phones.

The cell phone kiosk at Mondawmin was shut down.

--------------------------------

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-cell-phone-kiosk-ban-20130605,0,6208594.story

Council members seek ban on cellphone 'reverse vending machines'

Industry player says city is unfairly blaming it for larger theft problem

By Justin Fenton and Luke Broadwater, The Baltimore Sun

8:22 p.m. EDT, June 5, 2013

Faced with a rash of reported mobile device thefts, local lawmakers want to ban the automated purchasing kiosks that have cropped up at area shopping centers and allow customers to instantly resell phones, tablets and music players....

...Baltimore City Councilman Bill Henry this week introduced the ban, and he and other council members say police officers have told them the kiosks are driving device theft. The police chief in Washington has been a vocal opponent of the machines, and city legislators say they are urging counterparts across the state to follow suit....

Henry said one kiosk at Mondawmin Mall was removed after Baltimore police raised concerns about thefts.

"According to police, when it was operating, there was a line out the door of people trying to sell used cellphones to this machine for cash in hand," Henry said. "While the Mondawmin Mall management was willing to voluntarily remove the machine at the request of the police, there remain several of these machines in operation at malls around the edge of our city in Baltimore and Anne Arundel counties."

Ha ha ha...don't worry, biff and muffy will cash in all those chips they have from donating to Motrin omalley's campaigns and get this nuisance resolved.