http://predictionmac...s-picks-preview

San Fran over Denver in the Super Bowl.

#2 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

If Denver even makes it to the playoffs, they're one and done. They are not a very strong team, IMO.

#3 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

If Denver even makes it to the playoffs, they're one and done. They are not a very strong team, IMO.

Do NOT question The Predictalator! :mad:

Edited by LarryN, 08 August 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#4 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

Do NOT question the The Predictalator! :mad:

Oh. You're right. Sorry. My bad. :o

(IIRC, I think my ex-wife used to have one of those. But the batteries kept dying.)

#5 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,082 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Looking at the division "previews", am I missing something on the defensive rank?

Pittsburgh is #1 which gets no argument. But the Ravens are #32 while the Rams are #3 and the Cardinals are #5!

#6 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Looking at the division "previews", am I missing something on the defensive rank?

Pittsburgh is #1 which gets no argument. But the Ravens are #32 while the Rams are #3 and the Cardinals are #5!

See post #3

#7 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,082 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

The Predictalator has become self-aware and will be appearing with Skip Bayless on First Take.

#8 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

It would not shock me if they didn't live up to the super expectations that have been placed
upon them. It was easier for them this time last year because people were wondering if
Peyton still had "it" so they could fly under the radar a little bit, this year the experts are expecting big things from him and the team. It's hard to bet against Peyton Manning but it will be interesting
to see if his other teammates can handle being the overwhelming favorites in the AFC.

#9 RavnFreek

RavnFreek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

The predictalator hates the Ravens.

#10 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

It would not shock me if they didn't live up to the super expectations that have been placed
upon them. It was easier for them this time last year because people were wondering if
Peyton still had "it" so they could fly under the radar a little bit, this year the experts are expecting big things from him and the team. It's hard to bet against Peyton Manning but it will be interesting
to see if his other teammates can handle being the overwhelming favorites in the AFC.

I saw several times when Manning couldn't even get the ball to his wide open receivers. I think teams are going to tee off on him, and it's not going to be pretty.

#11 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

I saw several times when Manning couldn't even get the ball to his wide open receivers. I think teams are going to tee off on him, and it's not going to be pretty.

You're right about that, I get that Manning is one of the best in the game but the Broncos are
getting hyped up too much. No matter what bad things that have happened to them people
still see them as the overwhelming favorites in the AFC. I still find it funny that these experts
assume that the 70 yard TD to Jacoby Jones was the only reason they lost to the Ravens lol.
They ignore Manning's two interceptions (the second one in overtime actually cost them the game), Champ Bailey getting abused by Torrey Smith, the fact that the Ravens had 479 yards of offense,
and John Fox going conservative which sent the game to overtime. It's not like the Broncos
dominated the Ravens and that lucky play was only one the Ravens made. We'll see what
happens on September 5th but it would not shock me if the Ravens roughed them up a bit.

#12 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

You're right about that, I get that Manning is one of the best in the game but the Broncos are
getting hyped up too much. No matter what bad things that have happened to them people
still see them as the overwhelming favorites in the AFC. I still find it funny that these experts
assume that the 70 yard TD to Jacoby Jones was the only reason they lost to the Ravens lol.
They ignore Manning's two interceptions (the second one in overtime actually cost them the game), Champ Bailey getting abused by Torrey Smith, the fact that the Ravens had 479 yards of offense,
and John Fox going conservative which sent the game to overtime. It's not like the Broncos
dominated the Ravens and that lucky play was only one the Ravens made. We'll see what
happens on September 5th but it would not shock me if the Ravens roughed them up a bit.

Absolutely. And what about the 2 TDs the Ravens gave up because of crappy ST play? But it's like every year...the experts always underestimate the Ravens, and the Ravens seem to thrive on that under dog status. Psychologically, it is different to play as the under dog rather than the front runner. And some teams actually do play better as the under dog and poorer as the front runner. (I'm not saying that the Ravens couldn't do well as the front runner, but given the press and their slant against the Ravens, playing off the radar has worked well for them in the past. So there's no reason to think it wouldn't work well for them again this year.)

#13 terpmaniac

terpmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

First of all, nice site, lots of info and at least they have us IN the playoffs, so cant argue with that. BUT? Losing to Cincy..really? If it did happen, Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton would find a way to screw it up and Lewis's 0-4 in the playoffs in 10 freakin years scares no one. On a side note. Does anyone know what the Prognosticator predicted last season? Peace and GO Ravens(and Terps)!

#14 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

Does anyone know what the Prognosticator predicted last season?

The Predictalator had the Ravens losing to the Chargers in the wild card round last season. And Philly beating New England in the Super Bowl.

http://predictionmac...bowl-odds-picks

#15 terpmaniac

terpmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

The Predictalator had the Ravens losing to the Chargers in the wild card round last season. And Philly beating New England in the Super Bowl.

http://predictionmac...bowl-odds-picks

Well, they just lost a HELLUVA lot of credibility right there! Philly vs New England..too damn funny!

#16 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Well, they just lost a HELLUVA lot of credibility right there! Philly vs New England..too damn funny!

See post #3.

;)

#17 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,574 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

The Predictalator has become self-aware and will be appearing with Skip Bayless on First Take.

Which would make it the only self-aware being on that show.

#18 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,082 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

I think Denver will go 12-4 or 13-3 and look real good in the regular season. A likely 6-0 against the division will help. But once the playoffs start, it's anyone's guess considering Manning's playoff woes.

#19 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

I think Denver will go 12-4 or 13-3 and look real good in the regular season. A likely 6-0 against the division will help. But once the playoffs start, it's anyone's guess considering Manning's playoff woes.

I'd be shocked if they went 12-4, but anything's possible.

#20 Andy in Hagerstown

Andy in Hagerstown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

I agree. I've been really surprised at the national media and Las Vegas love for the Broncos. I get it they have Peyton Manning. But it appears he is now ineffective in cold weather something Denver tends to have a lot of. He is also one whiplash hit from being done. Besides all that their defense isn't even as good as it was last year and Champ at this point is really on his last legs.

That is an awful division so Denver may squeeze in but there could be an 8-8 playoff team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users