Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ursusdave

Victim of A George Thorogood Sneak Attack

12 posts in this topic

With George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers coming to Pier Six Concert Pavilion in Baltimore's Inner Harbor - on August 13, I figured it was high time I finally wrote out a really cool story I have about the band. I'm sharing it in hopes it'll help folks appreciate the band a little more.

Here's a link to the story:

A Victim of A George Thorogood Sneak Attack

http://davidrobertcrews.blogspot.com/2013/08/victim-of-george-thorogood-sneak-attack.html

With George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers coming to Pier Six Concert Pavilion in Baltimore's Inner Harbor - on August 13, I figured it was high time I finally wrote out a really cool story I have about the band. I'm sharing it in hopes it'll help folks appreciate the band a little more.

http://davidrobertcrews.blogspot.com/2013/08/victim-of-george-thorogood-sneak-attack.html

I can't believe that the list Buddy Guy as the opening act. I would not cross the street to see GT's hack act. But Buddy Guy? That is a legend. I walked into he bar in Chicago on fathers day a couple years ago and ended up drinking about six too many Remy Martins with BG. One of the all time greats.

Fond memories of Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers at No Fish Today.....good times......

Demopublican: your comments about Buddy Guy, great. But that you had to call GT a hack was completely unnecessary and could have been kept to yourself.

Both put on terrific shows Tues night. Both BG and GT are still rockin' after all these years, 50 and 40 respectively.

Demopublican: your comments about Buddy Guy, great. But that you had to call GT a hack was completely unnecessary and could have been kept to yourself.

Both put on terrific shows Tues night. Both BG and GT are still rockin' after all these years, 50 and 40 respectively.

I just hate white boy guitar god blues. I would rather listen to Justin Bieber than GT or any of the rest.

Just an opinion of course.

I just hate white boy guitar god blues. I would rather listen to Justin Bieber than GT or any of the rest.

Just an opinion of course.

You'd rather listen to Justin Bieber than, for example, Eric Clapton?

That's not "just an opinion," that's a tin ear!

You'd rather listen to Justin Bieber than, for example, Eric Clapton?

That's not "just an opinion," that's a tin ear!

If I wanted to hear Clapton I would put on JJ Cale. The something but just better. I have never been a Clapton fan.

Tom Prinipato, Bonamossa, Johnny Winter, Steven Van Zandt, Johnny Lang...

Talented? Yes. Very. Interesting? Not to me.

Well we might as well throw Paul Butterfield and John Mayall under the bus too.

Fond memories of Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers at No Fish Today.....good times......

I remeber that place. Did you ever see a band called The Skip Castro band there?

Well we might as well throw Paul Butterfield and John Mayall under the bus too.

If you say so. I never paid them much mind.

I remember that place

Tải game miễn phí cho điện thoại