• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,729 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

It gets no better than this. What a season opener. Didn't expect Hank and Walter nose to nose quite this soon. This could be the most perfect TV show ever.

#2 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,800 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

It gets no better than this. What a season opener. Didn't expect Hank and Walter nose to nose quite this soon. This could be the most perfect TV show ever.

Yep. It was pretty ballsy of them to have Walt confront Hank so soon.

I'm excited to find out who Walt will use the machine gun on but sad that there are only a few more episodes before the show ends it's run.

#3 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,729 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Walter has completed his arc to sociopath. There's no where for him to go from here. The wife is ready for the insane asylum so there's no place really left for her to go except divorce and start over. Hank will survive because there has to be a moral figure left standing. I would have left Mike as the last guy standing. Could be all wrong of course since the nature of the show is to surprise.

I haven't got into Walking Dead but son-in-law swears by it. I'm a tad old for zombie stories. Both shows are about American culture and that's what the viewer taps into IMHO.

#4 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,800 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Walter has completed his arc to sociopath. There's no where for him to go from here. The wife is ready for the insane asylum so there's no place really left for her to go except divorce and start over. Hank will survive because there has to be a moral figure left standing. I would have left Mike as the last guy standing. Could be all wrong of course since the nature of the show is to surprise.

I haven't got into Walking Dead but son-in-law swears by it. I'm a tad old for zombie stories. Both shows are about American culture and that's what the viewer taps into IMHO.

I have a feeling that Hank won't turn Walt in. At least not right away. Not only will it destroy his family but how does he prove to the DEA that he had no idea what Walt was doing? Hank won't be able to bring Walt down without taking down his own career and reputation.

To me, it's shaping up like Walt will be brought down by Lydia and her Czech connection, not Hank and the DEA...

#5 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,729 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

The monkey is in the banana patch.

#6 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,082 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hank won't come forward without hard proof. What a place to stop last night.

#7 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,800 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

I saw that coming. His career with the DEA is most likely over as soon as they find out about Walt.

I think he'll try to get Pinkman to rat on Walt.

#8 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,082 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

I saw that coming. His career with the DEA is most likely over as soon as they find out about Walt.

I think he'll try to get Pinkman to rat on Walt.

I agree, so last week leads off with Hank interrogating Jesse.

Hank's only shot is if he ironclad evidence on Walt. And that may not be enough.

#9 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,729 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Didn't think Skylar would stand by Walter but she did. Loved the Madrigal corporation woman hiding her eyes after ordering the hit. This is about American culture if ever a show was. What a great series.

#10 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,800 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Didn't think Skylar would stand by Walter but she did.

She's got her own business and financial security. Who would want to give that up?

#11 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,729 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

She's got her own business and financial security. Who would want to give that up?

Again, money/greed over morality. That's a statement on contemporary American culture if ever there was one.

BTW a Lawrence Summers quote was slipped into a scene in the last episode last season. Skylar is suspicious when someone brings a rental in to be washed. "No one washes a rented car" is a quote attributed to LS.

Jesse's way of disposing of his money is also a statement on our economy.

#12 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,800 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Again, money/greed over morality. That's a statement on contemporary American culture if ever there was one.

BTW a Lawrence Summers quote was slipped into a scene in the last episode last season. Skylar is suspicious when someone brings a rental in to be washed. "No one washes a rented car" is a quote attributed to LS.

Jesse's way of disposing of his money is also a statement on our economy.

I agree.

The only ones appearing to be sticking to their principles on the show are Jesse and Hank. Everyone else is focused on their own self-interests.

#13 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,729 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Some funny parodies of the show.

http://www.usatoday....rodies/2617341/

#14 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,082 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Didn't think Skylar would stand by Walter but she did. Loved the Madrigal corporation woman hiding her eyes after ordering the hit. This is about American culture if ever a show was. What a great series.

Yeah, Skylar surprised me too. Maybe the best show ever. Sad to see it go.

#15 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,082 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

I agree.

The only ones appearing to be sticking to their principles on the show are Jesse and Hank. Everyone else is focused on their own self-interests.

Yep. and Jesse has evolved too, the one with morals. And poor Hank, he's just screwed.

#16 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,800 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

Walt has turned into a total sociopath...

#17 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,082 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

And Hank appears to be screwed....... The $177K is the icing on the cake.

#18 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,729 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hank is so screwed. Hey, we know what happens to the house now.

Great example of over analysis below but shows how seriously this show is being watched. It's simple. Jesse is burned because Walter is/was his substitute dad. Ergo he's burning down the artifice of their relationship, making closure.

I've lost the thread of the ricin trail. I know Walter has one behind the switchplate but no idea of the significance of Jesse's. Did Huell use it to it bump off whoever he was talking to Walt about in the opening? That could trigger a "gone postal" event.

Best thing on TV.

http://www.theatlant...ievable/279017/

Edited by zenwalk, 26 August 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#19 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,082 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

So I think they're playing a little fast and loose with the Ricin story.

It wasn't used to poison the kid Brock, but Walt did poison him with the flower. The last I remember Walt placed it on the floor at Jesse's and the Rommba picked it up and Jesse found it there. That's the last I remember seeing it.

The "Reality is a beatch" has hit Jesse right in the face. So does Jesse write Heisenberg on the wall as he torches the place?

SF is right, Walt is a full blown sociopath now.

And yeah, best show on the tube, although I really like Homeland as well.

#20 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,800 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

I've lost the thread of the ricin trail. I know Walter has one behind the switchplate but no idea of the significance of Jesse's. Did Huell use it to it bump off whoever he was talking to Walt about in the opening? That could trigger a "gone postal" event.

Jesse already suspected that Walt poisoned the kid. The fact that Ricin wasn't used to poison the kid didn't really matter I guess. He now had proof that Saul helped Walt poison the kid.

IMO, that was kind of a weak point in the writing of Sunday night's episode but it works because a major confrontation between Jesse and Walt seems inevitable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users