• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Or so I just heard in the radio. Bill Castro is the new pitching coach and Scott McGregor is the new bullpen coach.

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,861 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

I hope for a speedy and healthy resolution for whatever the personal reasons are. in the meantime, Castro is an insider, so the continuity of pitching philosophy should remain steady. RA dramatically improved the O's pitching from 2011 to 2012 results. the stats have gone in the wrong direction this year, but pitching is an imperfect science.

#3 Joy in Mudville

Joy in Mudville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,959 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Gotta view this as bad news if for no other reason than the loss of familiarity. We'll see but it strikes me as lousy timing.

#4 rick and roll

rick and roll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

Gotta view this as bad news if for no other reason than the loss of familiarity. We'll see but it strikes me as lousy timing.

This must be where the intelligent people reside. On the main article, the trolls in the comments section are saying that it's a cover up for being fired. Same dozen trolls post there...

#5 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

This must be where the intelligent people reside. On the main article, the trolls in the comments section are saying that it's a cover up for being fired. Same dozen trolls post there...

Yes I read those comments under the articles from time to time for entertainment value. Sometimes there are some good points made but more often than not you are correct... there's a ton of gibberish and what seems like some serious trolls.

I assume a lot of those folks don't know about the Forum section so hopefully it stays that way!

#6 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,861 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

I saw those same comments. they're pretty silly. it seems unlikely that he was fired. if he was, they would just announce that he's leaving the O's for personal reasons. why create a whole leave of absence story? it makes no sense.

#7 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Wait, Britt Ghiroli's Twitter is saying it's a leave of absence which is different than leaving for personal reasons.
https://twitter.com/...371044945788928

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users