Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
demopublican

Man shot in Catonsville

21 posts in this topic

A man was shot in Catonsville on Monday night, though he was expected to survive his injuries, Baltimore County police said.

The man was shot in the first block of Shipley Avenue at about 10:10 p.m. Police did not immediately have more information about his injuries or about a motive or suspects.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/catonsville/bs-md-co-shooting-20130819,0,1977363.story#ixzz2cW7mqWBc

Wow. Catonsville is a nice area.

No area is immune to gun violence. It can happen anywhere

It can happen anywhere but it does happen in certain areas much more so than in others ~ even on a seemingly daily basis.

Looks like it is right off of Winters Lane just south of Rt 40.

I have played sports at the Banneker fields for a long time.

I played softball there doing the 80's and the 90's, and I also coached youth football at Banneker. I still visit the VW post on winters lane from time to time.

Not the section INSIDE the beltway it isn't. Need more proof? A 16-year old was shot last night:

Boy, 16, shot in third Catonsville-area shooting in a week

"Four injured in gunfire since Saturday; boy's injuries considered non-life-threatening

A 16-year-old boy was shot in the arm on Wednesday night in the third incident of gunfire in the greater Catonsville area since Saturday, according to Baltimore County Police.

Officers were called to a local hospital about 11:54 p.m. for a wounded person and located the boy with a gunshot wound to the arm, police said.

Let the lame excuses and unfounded blame begin.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/catonsville/bs-md-co-catonsville-shooting-20130822,0,4514298.story

Not the section INSIDE the beltway it isn't. Need more proof? A 16-year old was shot last night:

Let the lame excuses and unfounded blame begin.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/catonsville/bs-md-co-catonsville-shooting-20130822,0,4514298.story

Since when is Woodlawn the "greater Catonsville area"? Woodlawn is Woodlawn. Different zip codes, different schools.

It can happen anywhere but it does happen in certain areas much more so than in others ~ even on a seemingly daily basis.

Oh I agree. I'm just saying, people are naive if they think any area in the US is immune to gun violence. There are too many people with access to guns...

Oh I agree. I'm just saying, people are naive if they think any area in the US is immune to gun violence. There are too many people with access to guns...

Yes, but we can greatly decrease our odds of getting shot.

We can avoid high crime areas and avoid people that have criminal records and/or thuggish behavior.

Yes, but we can greatly decrease our odds of getting shot.

We can avoid high crime areas and avoid people that have criminal records and/or thuggish behavior.

the risk can be reduced but it can't be eliminated anywhere in the US because of the availability of guns

Since when is Woodlawn the "greater Catonsville area"? Woodlawn is Woodlawn. Different zip codes, different schools.

During the evening he drives through Woodlawn looking for expensive cars that he cannot afford. During the day time he follow black people in mars to find out if they exhibit a snap card and he has the nerve to complains about what they purchase, and then he proceeds to the parking lot to check their means of transportation.

It is real easy to spot him; he has a habit of scratching his behind and picking his nose in one motion, like he is playing a violin.

the risk can be reduced but it can't be eliminated anywhere in the US because of the availability of guns

If you had the power to make one law to make us safer what would that law be?

During the evening he drives through Woodlawn looking for expensive cars that he cannot afford. During the day time he follow black people in mars to find out if they exhibit a snap card and he has the nerve to complains about what they purchase, and then he proceeds to the parking lot to check their means of transportation.

It is real easy to spot him; he has a habit of scratching his behind and picking his nose in one motion, like he is playing a violin.

Kevin Rector?

I'm debating selling my HoCo home and moving to either Catonsville (which I love) or Baltimore (which, believe it or not, I love). At least in Baltimore I know where not to go. It's sad that Catonsville is now having problems.

I'm debating selling my HoCo home and moving to either Catonsville (which I love) or Baltimore (which, believe it or not, I love). At least in Baltimore I know where not to go. It's sad that Catonsville is now having problems.

I would consider looking in the area behind CCBC. Off Hilton or back in College Hills. I love that area. Nothing that connects to Rt. 40. I still like the Old area off Bloomsbury and between Hillcrest and Edmondson. Big old wooden homes.

I really love Relay but it has Landsdown High school if you have kids.

I would consider looking in the area behind CCBC. Off Hilton or back in College Hills. I love that area. Nothing that connects to Rt. 40. I still like the Old area off Bloomsbury and between Hillcrest and Edmondson. Big old wooden homes.

I really love Relay but it has Landsdown High school if you have kids.

The reason I stayed in HoCo was the child. The child is now grown and I no longer have to consider her in my decision. I want to downsize though.