• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 terps19

terps19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

I hope that means ravens are using one of their rbs to get a wr. Thoughts anyone?

#2 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,390 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Very peculiar trade. I'm glad to be rid of Reed. But another RB? What's up with that?

#3 Andy in Hagerstown

Andy in Hagerstown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Very peculiar trade. I'm glad to be rid of Reed. But another RB? What's up with that?

Agreed very peculiar. We've talked on this board about why the Ravens even signed Reed to a 2 year deal. Now they trade him to the Colts for another player on a 2 year deal. I don't understand why we need another RB as we have Rice, Pierce, Allen and Rainey who I really like. Chances are either Allen or Rainey get cut and the Ravens try to sneak one onto the practice squad.

This certainly doesn't answer concerns at WR unless the Ravens have some hints about cuts and intend to add another veteran receiver after this round of preseason games.

We shall see.

#4 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,390 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Agreed very peculiar. We've talked on this board about why the Ravens even signed Reed to a 2 year deal. Now they trade him to the Colts for another player on a 2 year deal. I don't understand why we need another RB as we have Rice, Pierce, Allen and Rainey who I really like. Chances are either Allen or Rainey get cut and the Ravens try to sneak one onto the practice squad.

This certainly doesn't answer concerns at WR unless the Ravens have some hints about cuts and intend to add another veteran receiver after this round of preseason games.

We shall see.

You left out Damien Berry. He's been getting a lot of touches so far this year. And the Ravens have Juice as well. And Leach. This is a real head scratcher.

#5 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,603 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

Reminds me of how a friend of mine runs his fantasy football team. You can only start two running backs, yet he always loads up with at least 4-5 quality RBs. And since his receivers are lacking, he usually does pretty bad.

#6 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

special teams.

#7 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm only mentioning this because I have no idea what they're doing trading for a RB, but what if they plan to line up with a power back behind the QB and Ray Rice out to the side in like an H-back slot. He is such a good receiver, and certainly his strength is broken field running yards rather than hitting the middle of the line. That would also help in working the center of the field and having Rice as Flacco's reliable safety option when other receivers are not open. (See 4th and 29 against the Chargers.) I'm just daydreaming here.

#8 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

there's no veteran receiver to be had that would address the dire need of the team to undo the stupidity of having traded boldin for comparative pennies on the dollar. good grief!

We shall see.

#9 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,829 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

there's no veteran receiver to be had that would address the dire need of the team to undo the stupidity of having traded boldin for comparative pennies on the dollar. good grief!

The offseason isn't over yet

#10 tkr

tkr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

He is a very good ST player

#11 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,143 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

I hope that means ravens are using one of their rbs to get a wr. Thoughts anyone?

Who would you be happy with them trading, Rice or Pierce? Because that's the ony two Rb's that are going to bring anything of quality in a trade.

#12 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,390 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Who would you be happy with them trading, Rice or Pierce? Because that's the ony two Rb's that are going to bring anything of quality in a trade.

Not necessarily. They could package Allen or Berry (or even Rainey) and some of next year's mid/late round draft picks, no?

#13 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,390 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

special teams.

Probably.

#14 Berto

Berto

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Rainey>Allen, Rainey>Berry, Rainey>Carter. Just my opinion.

#15 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,390 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

Rainey>Allen, Rainey>Berry, Rainey>Carter. Just my opinion.

I'm a huge Rainey fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users