• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 escheinersold

escheinersold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

The O's are applying Pressure to themselves. Putting themselves behind the eight ball.

In spring training and early in the season they were great at working their count and identifying pitches.

Davis cannot identify and cutter or a sinker. He is swinging at dust bowls. Why should a pitcher put one up on him. Grounders are working fine.
JJ Hardy is far to aggressive, Wings at everything and early in the count.

BUT Starting pitching in general is the problem. Chen and Gonzalez are not good enough to start the remainder of the season. Get them time in the bullpen to work out their issues.

I have been and will continue to root for my Orioles. I will not HOPE instead of believe they will make the playoffs. I will HOPE for their deep run in the playoffs. It is not too late. BUT they have DUG A DEEP HOLE.

It is time I face Reality and see them for the Broken Team they are. Early in the season and in Spring Training they were working the count and identifying pitches. Not Now. They are not working Bucks plan.

Buck, Dan and Peter have done their jobs. The players have gotten lost somewhere. Time for them to dig themselves out or they will have stressful long winter nights of trying to find themselves.

Another couple losses before they get home and I want to see Schoop, Eduardo, and Gausman with others take over for trials for next year.

I HOPE MY O'S PULL THIS OUT!!!

#2 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

The O's are applying Pressure to themselves. Putting themselves behind the eight ball.

In spring training and early in the season they were great at working their count and identifying pitches.

Davis cannot identify and cutter or a sinker. He is swinging at dust bowls. Why should a pitcher put one up on him. Grounders are working fine.
JJ Hardy is far to aggressive, Wings at everything and early in the count.

BUT Starting pitching in general is the problem. Chen and Gonzalez are not good enough to start the remainder of the season. Get them time in the bullpen to work out their issues.

I have been and will continue to root for my Orioles. I will not HOPE instead of believe they will make the playoffs. I will HOPE for their deep run in the playoffs. It is not too late. BUT they have DUG A DEEP HOLE.

It is time I face Reality and see them for the Broken Team they are. Early in the season and in Spring Training they were working the count and identifying pitches. Not Now. They are not working Bucks plan.

Buck, Dan and Peter have done their jobs. The players have gotten lost somewhere. Time for them to dig themselves out or they will have stressful long winter nights of trying to find themselves.

Another couple losses before they get home and I want to see Schoop, Eduardo, and Gausman with others take over for trials for next year.

I HOPE MY O'S PULL THIS OUT!!!

The 2013 O's have done an excellent job. Davis and Machado have had career years which they may never see again and the rest of the team has played at or slightly above normal. Also, the O's have been essentially injury free.

The reason for the disappointment among some is their unrealistic expectations that resulted from the O's excellent record in 2012. Only the most brilliant among us predicted the 2012 turnaround and the reasons why it happened (collapse of the AL East competition in Boston and Toronto). Overall, the O's this year are playing as well as last year's team except the competition is stronger this year.

Keep the faith. In 2014, the competition regresses a bit and the O's rebound to 92 wins and make it to the AL Finals before losing to the Angels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users