• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 BigCountryToo

BigCountryToo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

It's been so spectacular, I truly believe it deserves it's own thread! Just three years ago the world was anointing Gilman and Biff as the same old Powerhouse Program in the area. Now we are looking at an 1-1 team that to me is destined to have a losing record. Everybody said that this year they would be kings of the MIAA. That they brought in their best class of all time and that it was a forgone conclusion that they defeat the "CHC"( as We all call them) Calvert Hall. Well folks its not going to happen. I'm here to tell you that not only will Gilman not be kings, I only see 2 give me victories on thier schedule. And that's SFA and Loyola.

The Gilman team I saw last night against Manatee is just outright BAD! Manatee was a solid team but would be in the bottom half in the MIAA. They had three very very good players. Their LB's were big and fast. Their offense STUNK and really didn't have many playmakers. We sat with the families of some of the players and they were great people. They told us about the team. They only had 40 players on their entire squad. The interesting thing was, non of them played two ways. The defense had only one senior on their team and the had a couple of 9th graders starting. The issue with last nights game and will be in the future is that there is NO SPEED OR PLAYMAKERS on offense, lines on both sides of the field stinks, play calling is pretty bad and their QB needs to make quicker decisions. Now Greyhound wants to blame a lot of the problems on the QB. Truth is, it's killing him to come to grips with the fact that the team is just plain bad. Sure the QB could make quicker decisions and better decisions. But there's just no speed or run game to help him. Gilman has thrown 20 incompletes in two games, that's just unheard of!they have only scored 14 points and the GC game was luck.

Now lets look at the schedule closely. Only reason I'm picking Gilman over SFA because this will be Gilmans first game against them and Biff will pay off the refs. But everything in my head is telling me that SFA will beat them. Reason being, what does SFA have that Gilman doesn't? SPEED IN ABUNDANCE! Then there's McD and that will be a running clock. Loyola is next and that's a victory. Then you have Anacostia. I haven't seen Spalding so can't call that game. We will know more about them after today. McDonogh is without a doubt a loss. Then we have MSJ and right now, I'm picking MSJ to beat them. MSJ will be a running clock. Spalding is a toss up, I'm hearing great things about them. Paramus will be a running clock. Loyola is victory. At best, I believe Gilman goes 5-7. It's very possible that they could be 3-9 or 2-10. How's this possible with a supposed PROGRAM? I will tell you why now?

First off Gilam Is an old PROGRAM. Winning 2 titles and beating GC one time in 10 years doesn't a program make. It means you had your run with superior talent. You no longer have that talent and now you have to COACH! I saw a Gilman team that gave up last night. And that's on the COACHES. The problem starts at over recruiting the same positions. I hear about these great classes that they're getting but truth is, they're getting 10-15 of the same players. Also there's seriously no player development. The weight and strength training in the program STINKS! You also have a culture where getting offers is more than perfecting your craft. Where's all the D1 players at? Gilman has like 10 players with offers, where the hell are they? No way are there 10 D1 players on that team. I have a hard time seeing one on that squad.

This season could very well be the downfall of the program. If they go 3-9, 2-10 kids will leave. First there's obviously some sort of politics going on over there. You have players like the star 9th grade RB on JV when it's CLEAR he deserves to be on Varisty. I see that kid out the door. You have kids who have played certain positions their whole lives that are now being switch to other positions because the coaches need bodies elsewhere and that's never good. You have the rise of SFA and hungry coaches at Loyola, Spalding and MSJ. And you have the 500 pound gorilla and CHC with all their exposure from Greyhound Alumn. I'm sorry Gilman fans, it was good while it lasted but I believe the end is not near, it's HERE!

#2 love of the game

love of the game

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

And it begins. Hahahaha

#3 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

And it begins. Hahahaha

Yes it does... On a serious note, Im worried about GA... Even though that was a great team they played tonight, Gilman is AVG at best, I put them just in front on GC FOR NOW...Just because of Idk whats going on with the RB situation right now....

From what I saw tonight GIlman is a One man show played by the QB....

They can be pushed a little More ahead by putting there QB a WR, and letting the Freshman start at QB....

They are going to be in trouble when they go up to play Paramus...

#4 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Not to mention Jabba the Hutt is suspended for the Paramus Catholic game and isn't allowed to be in the stadium, so no paying off the refs.

He is also suspended for the Anacostia (DC) game.

Also, I've got 5/1 odds that Greyhound Alum was the Gilman fan who bumped the ref, any takers?

#5 lord_baltimore

lord_baltimore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Dom must be feeling pretty good about his chances after the epic weekend Poggi and Davis have had themselves.

#6 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

First off, I said that Gilman would lose this game. Too young and when you have a 21 point turn around in 2 minutes, can't win that game! Funny people, act like I predicted a Gilman win, Gilman as I said is a year away. Lets realize that this was the #1 team in the country last year.

Gilman is average, now you sound like an idiot. They're not playing some bum team. They're playing a monster.

#7 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Dom must be feeling pretty good about his chances after the epic weekend Poggi and Davis have had themselves.

Are your serious? Come on, this wasn't Trinity, this is MANATEE!

#8 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Not to mention Jabba the Hutt is suspended for the Paramus Catholic game and isn't allowed to be in the stadium, so no paying off the refs.

He is also suspended for the Anacostia (DC) game.

Also, I've got 5/1 odds that Greyhound Alum was the Gilman fan who bumped the ref, any takers?

Cmon you can do better than that lol...I did notice that he has dissipated of of the forum since biff started looking for him...

#9 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

And now we see how great Md elite teams are. Manatee is in a rebuilding year. Ranked probably in the 2nd tier of good teams in Fl. So you still think Md teams can stack up against Florida's best? IM was not very good but keep thinking you guys beat a powerhouse. Like I said Booker T would beat any of your best in back to back to back games.

#10 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Well, Glman has it's first two games in the books. One more game and that's it for the season. The rest they will just mail in or go on autopilot as they usually do within the little pond of the MIAA.

#11 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

And now we see how great Md elite teams are. Manatee is in a rebuilding year. Ranked probably in the 2nd tier of good teams in Fl. So you still think Md teams can stack up against Florida's best? IM was not very good but keep thinking you guys beat a powerhouse. Like I said Booker T would beat any of your best in back to back to back games.

Hard to disagree with you. Gilman got absolutely embarrassed.

#12 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

Uhhhhhh....ao just got up to get coffee....ummmmm....did ummmmm....did gilman lose....is that what i'm hearing....

#13 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

I thought GREYHOUND ALUM's son looked weak, indecisive, and made poor decisions.

#14 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Also funny to see the Fat Man lose it and get tossed, lol.

What a great example he is setting this year - first he quits in the Big33 and then loses all self control and gets ejected (and suspended next week).

#15 Hallman

Hallman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Are your serious? Come on, this wasn't Trinity, this is MANATEE!

He was talking about Poggi losing all control. It was quite funny to witness. I truely think it was intentional so he could be excused from further embarrasment.

#16 Jabez

Jabez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Well, Glman has it's first two games in the books. One more game and that's it for the season. The rest they will just mail in or go on autopilot as they usually do within the little pond of the MIAA.

" The little pond of the MIAA " ....... you could not have said it better, DayW.

#17 GR8football

GR8football

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

" The little pond of the MIAA " ....... you could not have said it better, DayW.

Oh no....say it ain't so. I sit back quietly and read this stuff for fun only to see my son's CHC team get bashed time after time and then low and behold I see this AND read it in today's paper. HAHAHA CHC may have a chance if they fix this offense problem which is HUGE I will admit. Gilman are not Gods after all.

#18 Einstein

Einstein

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Big ****ry Too,
The Gilman/GC series is actually 3 GC 2 Gilman...you sound like a disgruntled adult that is spewing off a bunch of nothing.

#19 lord_baltimore

lord_baltimore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Einstein,
This is a parody post.

#20 miaasportsfan

miaasportsfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

1) Great example by Poggi. C'mon coach, be a role model for the kids. Right or wrong, if you're assessed a sideline penalty, take your medicine and sit down.

2) Gilman is over-rated.

3) GA, irregardless of your prediction for this single game, you turn just about every thread on this board into a Gilman love fest. That automatically puts a target on your back... You also regularly dismiss other teams, so you should man up and post your kids number for critique, since you have no problem critiquing other players, good and bad...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users