Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused fan

It’s only one game however………

6 posts in this topic

It’s only one game however…………

*Michael Huff must think he is still in Oakland. Giving up on pass plays, getting burned. He was used to being on teams that got destroyed on a weekly basis. I rather have Bennie Thompson in his prime at safety then Huff, at least he tackled and hit people. Coach Harbaugh & GM Ozzie, you have too many young players in the secondary, they do not need this example. It’s okay to admit you made a mistake, I do it all the time.

*In speaking of mistakes, Dallas Clark, thank you for your services, please return to the couch.

*Ed Dickson, I hope you have other career options available, not sure how you can be in the league as a tight end but not catch, maybe special teams in the future? Gunner?

*Tired of the Wide Receiver situation, can someone please teach Torrey Smith how to get off the line when jammed? He was not playing Revis in his prime yesterday. I truly believe that if Torrey Smith had better coaching he would be elite, yea I said it. Wish everyone was accountable? Why did they trade Boldin again? Marlon Brown, if he received good coaching could be very good……..

*Media loves to blame Flacco, his receivers/tight ends had over 8 drops. That is never mentioned. Coach Caldwell, remember you are the one that can get the best out of Flacco, don’t use old game plans at any point in future games.

*I can’t believe I am saying this but they miss the blind side, wow.

*Is it me, or did anyone watch post game shows on NFL network and ESPN and see so-called analyst (use term loosely) gushing over the Ravens losing the game? When did the Ravens become a heel in the NFL? Seems WWEish, it would be nice to see unbiased reporting, but it seems like that’s a dream when you have the superbowl champs open on the road against one of the top teams in the league. I wonder if New England-Tom Bradey, or Green Bay-Aaron Rodgers would be doing the same?

It is only one game. All your concerns are valid, and we'll just see how it plays out. I am very concerned about the injuries to Oher and Jones; guys are not the greatest, but those are thin positions.

As to your last point, I believe the Ravens are viewed nationally as the bad guys, and you know Peyton Manning is God's gift to football. I actually went to bed in the middle of the third quarter, so fortunately I did not watch the shows you mentioned (why would any Ravens fan want to watch?), but I'm not surprised to hear that.

It’s only one game however…………

*Michael Huff must think he is still in Oakland. Giving up on pass plays, getting burned. He was used to being on teams that got destroyed on a weekly basis. I rather have Bennie Thompson in his prime at safety then Huff, at least he tackled and hit people. Coach Harbaugh & GM Ozzie, you have too many young players in the secondary, they do not need this example. It’s okay to admit you made a mistake, I do it all the time.

*In speaking of mistakes, Dallas Clark, thank you for your services, please return to the couch.

*Ed Dickson, I hope you have other career options available, not sure how you can be in the league as a tight end but not catch, maybe special teams in the future? Gunner?

*Tired of the Wide Receiver situation, can someone please teach Torrey Smith how to get off the line when jammed? He was not playing Revis in his prime yesterday. I truly believe that if Torrey Smith had better coaching he would be elite, yea I said it. Wish everyone was accountable? Why did they trade Boldin again? Marlon Brown, if he received good coaching could be very good……..

*Media loves to blame Flacco, his receivers/tight ends had over 8 drops. That is never mentioned. Coach Caldwell, remember you are the one that can get the best out of Flacco, don’t use old game plans at any point in future games.

*I can’t believe I am saying this but they miss the blind side, wow.

*Is it me, or did anyone watch post game shows on NFL network and ESPN and see so-called analyst (use term loosely) gushing over the Ravens losing the game? When did the Ravens become a heel in the NFL? Seems WWEish, it would be nice to see unbiased reporting, but it seems like that’s a dream when you have the superbowl champs open on the road against one of the top teams in the league. I wonder if New England-Tom Bradey, or Green Bay-Aaron Rodgers would be doing the same?

Good post. +1

All good points from confused fan.

I'm as angry as anyone over the non-challenge of Welker's "catch" that led to the Broncos' 3rd TD. Sure,it changed the momentum/complexion/whatever of the game. But I can't say "the Ravens win if Harbaugh throws the challenge flag". When you drop that many passes and the defense looks that confused, and Manning coming out on fire in the 2nd half, you're not likely to win. Harbaugh's challenge there just makes the final score look a little better in the Ravens favor. By the end of the 1st half, I was less concerned about winning or losing, I just wanted them to finish the game with no more injuries. As a fan, this game reminds me of last year's Houston game, sometimes you just have to say "it wasn't their day".

Edit:

Having said that, if Brandon Weedon throws for 7 TDs at M & T Bank Stadium on 9/15, then I WILL start panicking.

we did stink it up last night. the dropped pass that fell on the ground evey one saw it but the refs

we did stink it up last night. the dropped pass that fell on the ground evey one saw it but the refs
And Harbaugh. And the guys up in the box whose JOB it is to see the really important stuff. Like that.