• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Flu

Flu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Man o Man I wish they would put this guy on the bench and leave him there or just have him in as a blocker. He's lucky if he can catch a cold let alone an NFL pass. He's been the same ever since he came into the league. Everything thrown his way bounces off his hands for an incompletion. I at least saw Furstenberg make a lot of catches in the pre-season and would much rather see him out there.

:cool:

#2 AFKAR7

AFKAR7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Man o Man I wish they would put this guy on the bench and leave him there or just have him in as a blocker. He's lucky if he can catch a cold let alone an NFL pass. He's been the same ever since he came into the league. Everything thrown his way bounces off his hands for an incompletion. I at least saw Furstenberg make a lot of catches in the pre-season and would much rather see him out there.

:cool:

I would rather see Furstenburg than Clark.

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,837 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

I'd rather see Furst and Juice than Clark and Dickson.

#4 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

His grandmother comes to all his games, even away games and is really nice. I guess nice guys in the NFL are NOT For Long

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,837 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

His grandmother comes to all his games, even away games and is really nice. I guess nice guys in the NFL are NOT For Long

Did he inherit his stone hands from her? If not, can SHE play TE? I mean...since she's AT all the games anyway...what would it hurt to give her a look?

Just wonderin...

:)

#6 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Dickson is on thin ice to say the least. I'm sure Harbaugh will give him the benefit of the doubt for one more week but if he repeats that pitiful performance, he'll be gone. Now that the untouchables aren't with the team anymore, you better believe the current roster will all have short leashes.

#7 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

The untouchable were the straw the stirred the drink I suspect. But this season will show whether that suspicion is correct.

#8 bud

bud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,056 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

He's only dropped passes since day 1 with the Ravens. Amazingly, up until the middle of last season, Preston tried to convince everyone that Dickson was better than Pitta.

#9 tommyb

tommyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Amazing that Harbaugh and his coaches can't figure these things out. Its like the challenge calls...and like keeping Cameron until he almost destroyed the entire offense.....Dixon is NOT a prime time player...and will never be a reliable tight end. We knew this a long time ago....but Harbaugh doesn't have the instinct to determine talent. Much less other game related judgment calls... We keep some players on the bench way too long...others keep getting trotted out despite terrible performances....and what's with our booth assistants??? Can't they afford to hire a couple of smart people that can see a replay, call Harbaugh, and tell him to throw the flag? When the fans have to help out the coach and he STILL does not get it...
Something is very wrong. But, again, please get nice guy Dixon off the field!!!

#10 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,837 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Amazing that Harbaugh and his coaches can't figure these things out. Its like the challenge calls...and like keeping Cameron until he almost destroyed the entire offense.....Dixon is NOT a prime time player...and will never be a reliable tight end. We knew this a long time ago....but Harbaugh doesn't have the instinct to determine talent. Much less other game related judgment calls... We keep some players on the bench way too long...others keep getting trotted out despite terrible performances....and what's with our booth assistants??? Can't they afford to hire a couple of smart people that can see a replay, call Harbaugh, and tell him to throw the flag? When the fans have to help out the coach and he STILL does not get it...

And as you pointed out in a different thread...Harbaugh really has issues assembling a top notch coaching staff. What has Castillo done since coming on board other than causing the O-line to regress? Pops Mattison? C'MON man. It's hard to argue with the results -- he's in the record books for most consecutive years with wins in the post season. So that has to be factored in. Still...his deficiencies are quite obvious.

#11 JOHNBOY152

JOHNBOY152

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

And as you pointed out in a different thread...Harbaugh really has issues assembling a top notch coaching staff. What has Castillo done since coming on board other than causing the O-line to regress? Pops Mattison? C'MON man. It's hard to argue with the results -- he's in the record books for most consecutive years with wins in the post season. So that has to be factored in. Still...his deficiencies are quite obvious.

Need a new spark to the offense, Furstenburg is our man...stick with the Terp!!!!

#12 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,837 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Need a new spark to the offense, Furstenburg is our man...stick with the Terp!!!!

I'm up for that. But again...it's going to take the right coaching staff/schemes for this team to come together. It's not just a question of which TE or WR to plug in; it's a matter of how they're used (i.e. what sort of schemes are implemented to best take advantage of their skill sets). And to keep running Rice on first down right up the middle (totally predictable) the majority of the time is just playing right into the strength of opposing D's, no matter who's on the field at the time.

#13 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,823 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

If his grandma can catch a damn pass, great. Otherwise, see ya. Clark didn't look god either, but he has history. Maybe he'll come arou

#14 TeamofSTEEL

TeamofSTEEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

He's only dropped passes since day 1 with the Ravens. Amazingly, up until the middle of last season, Preston tried to convince everyone that Dickson was better than Pitta.

He still was in TC, calling him a "beast" even after the injury.

#15 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

You all are aware that the last game before the loss to the Broncos, was the game we won the Super Bowl!!! It's one game. You cannot see if the O-Line has regressed in 1 game, as the injury to Oher caused some O-Line breakdowns. I don't think anyone says Dickson is a prime-time player, he wasn't even supposed to be our starting TE until Pitta got hurt. We did not know this "a long time ago" as 2 years ago Dickson was more productive than Pitta. It wasn't until around week 5 last year when we realized Pitta was better.

As far as a top notch staff, Mattison is the only D-coordinator in the Ray Lewis era that did not get a NFL head coaching gig after coaching the Ravens defense. Ravens current D-coordinator was with the Pats as same coach when they won multiple Super Bowls. Not to mentin our O-cordinator won Super Bowl in same position and was a head coach in a Super Bowl. I don't understand where Ravens don't get good coaches comment comes from.

It was one game and everyone wants to get rid of everyone on the team, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users