19 replies to this topic

#1 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,006 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-222366541.html

Witnesses said a man -- whom neighbors did not recognize and was wearing only one shoe -- was handing out free firecrackers to children playing tag in the parking lot.

The man had a brief exchange with Maiden, who then started running back toward his apartment. Witnesses said the man pulled out a handgun and fired twice at the child, hitting him once in the cheek.

"Did you shoot that boy? He said, 'Yeah, I shot him.' I said, 'Why?'" Taplin said.

But Cloninger only muttered words that didn't make sense, he said.

I wonder why this didn't make the front page of this board. It's had plenty of time.

Half-hearted and obligatory "sure, kill him bla bla whatever" CYA statements by the racist right to ensue.

#2 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Absolutely crazy and pray the little guy recovers..............................The NRA/RWNJ's motto arm everyone and don't destroy confiscated guns and to hell with gun laws. The NRA and RWNJ's are arse backwards.

#3 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 54,027 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

http://thescoopblog....w-tuesday.html/

Donald Maiden Jr., known as DJ, underwent surgery at Children’s Medical Center Dallas. He woke up from an induced coma Thursday, according to a fundraising site set up for the family.

Maiden will need several surgeries to repair his jaw. Mark Williams, the organizer of the fundraising site, hopes donations will offset some of the medical costs. As of Friday afternoon, $680 had been raised toward the $5,000 goal.

Hope he pulls through.
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#4 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 54,027 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm wondering if the suspect, Brian Cloninger, had a valid handgun permit. I couldn't find any references.
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#5 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

LWNJ logic:

1. If a random white nutjob murders someone--it's the fault of the NRA, and all gun owners are lumped in as guilty lunatics out hunting Negroes.

2. If the murderer looks like Obama's son (if he had one) then it's just "kids being kids" or racism, how dare we attribute actual factual crime statistics to the demographic.

You can't make this hoplophobe nuttery up.

#6 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Bloody Foreigner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

I read a quite disturbing article yesterday called "America's child death shame", while this incident doesn't fit snugly into that category, it's notable that it was in Texas, the state that has the highest death from child abuse rate.

#7 dialtone

dialtone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

LWNJ logic:

1. If a random white nutjob murders someone--it's the fault of the NRA, and all gun owners are lumped in as guilty lunatics out hunting Negroes.

2. If the murderer looks like Obama's son (if he had one) then it's just "kids being kids" or racism, how dare we attribute actual factual crime statistics to the demographic.

You can't make this hoplophobe nuttery up.

3. If a white person murders someone it's a "random nut job" or justified.

4. If a black person murders someone it's normal black folks culture of thuggery.

5. All others, well no need to discuss.

#8 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

it's notable that it was in Texas, the state that has the highest death from child abuse rate.

Also the #1 state in illegal immigrants

http://nbclatino.com...r-than-arizona/

#9 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,031 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-222366541.html
I wonder why this didn't make the front page of this board. It's had plenty of time.

Half-hearted and obligatory "sure, kill him bla bla whatever" CYA statements by the racist right to ensue.

What response do you want, squid? Confiscate all guns and lock up white people? Your trolling has become a joke.

#10 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

http://thescoopblog....w-tuesday.html/

Hope he pulls through.

"Dallas police arrested Brian Cloninger, 46, on an injury to a child charge."
Shouldn't the charge be attempted murder.................

I will be making a donation to help offset some of little DJ's medical cost, hope others do the same if they can.

#11 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

What response do you want, squid? Confiscate all guns and lock up white people? Your trolling has become a joke.

Absolutely. Nobody in their right mind would defend this shooter in any way. Hard to tell what squid is looking for...always.

#12 songfourone

songfourone

0 warnings, but its early :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

I read a quite disturbing article yesterday called "America's child death shame", while this incident doesn't fit snugly into that category, it's notable that it was in Texas, the state that has the highest death from child abuse rate.

Thank you for the link, very disturbing.

#13 songfourone

songfourone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

"Dallas police arrested Brian Cloninger, 46, on an injury to a child charge."
Shouldn't the charge be attempted murder.................

I will be making a donation to help offset some of little DJ's medical cost, hope others do the same if they can.

Injury to a child charge? Be interesting to follow this tragedy as it winds through the courts.

#14 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Difficult to understand how anyone could harm a child, then make excuses as to why they did. It is indeed a Shame a Tragic Shame.

#15 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Bloody Foreigner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Also the #1 state in illegal immigrants

http://nbclatino.com...r-than-arizona/

Not only a non sequitur, but a particularly nasty one... unless you can comprehensively prove that illegal immigrants are the cause of most of the child abuse.

#16 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Bloody Foreigner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thank you for the link, very disturbing.

As the original article that I found that piece in said: "It's the elephant in the room", no one appears to be discussing or addressing it.

#17 Smokey 1

Smokey 1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,788 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Absolutely. Nobody in their right mind would defend this shooter in any way. Hard to tell what squid is looking for...always.

Paint for her broad brush.

#18 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,006 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

3. If a white person murders someone it's a "random nut job" or justified.

4. If a black person murders someone it's normal black folks culture of thuggery.

5. All others, well no need to discuss.

You got it.

It's also revolting that the right has turned this news into some sort of pity party for themselves.

I thought the story was pretty unusual, what with his nonchalance about the act.

#19 songfourone

songfourone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Not quite sure which is the whackiest FloriDUH or Texass.

#20 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Not quite sure which is the whackiest FloriDUH or Texass.

RWNJ's in North Carolina are closing in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users