#2 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,496 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

yep, why not ......

mistake of historic proportions as far as the ravens go ......

no reason for it .......

#3 AFKAR7

AFKAR7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

This is something with fans of any sports that I don understand. It's done and over with, time to move on as he is not part of the team anymore. Wish he was but oh well. As a fan of the Ravens I'm more interested in who is here now than who is not.

#4 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,496 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

This is something with fans of any sports that I don understand. It's done and over with, time to move on as he is not part of the team anymore. Wish he was but oh well. As a fan of the Ravens I'm more interested in who is here now than who is not.

well, he is on natonal tv tearing it up and why is he gone? because he wanted to go? ......

no, because we got cheap ........

no excuse for us to be watching him on tv while we have receivers off the trash heap.......

#5 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Boldin shredding.............huge mistake Ozzie and Co.

#6 FlaccoForever

FlaccoForever

• Miserable Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Boldin shredding.............huge mistake Ozzie and Co.

He's going against a weak Packers secondary that is adjusting to life without Charles Woodson.
Boldin will not and I repeat will not do this next Sunday night against Sherman, Browner and
Seattle's secondary. He needs to show up against the Seahawks to truly validate the trade for
the Niners, he can pick on corners that are scared of him (Packers, Patriots) but Sherman will wear him out. I guarantee you that.

#7 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

"Sherman will wear him out. I guarantee you that."

you will eat those words.

#8 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,574 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

But complaining over and over is so much fun!

#9 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,387 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

But complaining over and over is so much fun!

The Boldin situation is a little different. The majority of fans (I was in the minority) were screaming the minute the news broke that Boldin had been traded. It's going to be impossible to stem the criticism. It's not a matter of people not knowing that Boldin is gone and not coming back; it's a matter of continuing to voice their opposition to a move they hated. I think it's valid to let the FO know that this move really ticked fans off. Is it healthy and constructive? Who knows. But it's a means of venting, and these are not any Johnny-Come-Lately voices either; they're the same voices that were screaming from the beginning.

#10 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,574 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

The Boldin situation is a little different. The majority of fans (I was in the minority) were screaming the minute the news broke that Boldin had been traded. It's going to be impossible to stem the criticism. It's not a matter of people not knowing that Boldin is gone and not coming back; it's a matter of continuing to voice their opposition to a move they hated. I think it's valid to let the FO know that this move really ticked fans off. Is it healthy and constructive? Who knows. But it's a means of venting, and these are not any Johnny-Come-Lately voices either; they're the same voices that were screaming from the beginning.

I agree, no one liked the trade. But hey, the 2013 Ravens are playing now. Not the 2012 Champion Ravens. Enjoy what is, not what may have been. Or not as this forum always proves.

#11 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,387 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

I agree, no one liked the trade. But hey, the 2013 Ravens are playing now. Not the 2012 Champion Ravens. Enjoy what is, not what may have been. Or not as this forum always proves.

It goes way beyond this forum. I bet the lines of the call-in shows are going to be lit up the entire year. And it's not just Boldin, if that makes sense. It's a statement about Harbaugh and the FO and the whole "house clearing/this is Harbaugh's team now" thing.

It's similar -- but different -- to the whole anti-Cameron campaign. There were plenty of people who said (hey, Sugar) stuff like: "Well, Cameron's here, so no point in complaining about it". And whether or not it factored into Bisciotti's decision to can him, I do believe that something that DID factor in was the lower energy levels at M&T and a lot of things posted saying that fans were so frustrated with Cameron that they would rather do other things on Sunday. We'll never know; but owners ARE aware -- and concerned -- with things like that. So keeping the heat on and showing that this has NOT passed by so easily very well might have an impact on future decisions.

#12 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,574 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

It goes way beyond this forum. I bet the lines of the call-in shows are going to be lit up the entire year. And it's not just Boldin, if that makes sense. It's a statement about Harbaugh and the FO and the whole "house clearing/this is Harbaugh's team now" thing.

It's similar -- but different -- to the whole anti-Cameron campaign. There were plenty of people who said (hey, Sugar) stuff like: "Well, Cameron's here, so no point in complaining about it". And whether or not it factored into Bisciotti's decision to can him, I do believe that something that DID factor in was the lower energy levels at M&T and a lot of things posted saying that fans were so frustrated with Cameron that they would rather do other things on Sunday. We'll never know; but owners ARE aware -- and concerned -- with things like that. So keeping the heat on and showing that this has NOT passed by so easily very well might have an impact on future decisions.

The difference is something could be done about Cameron. Boldin is gone and not likely returning.

#13 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,387 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

The difference is something could be done about Cameron. Boldin is gone and not likely returning.

I said it was different. But there were people even then who said it was pointless because "Cameron wasn't going anywhere". How'd that turn out?

And while there's certainly no guarantee, don't you think that it might just make the FO a little more aware before they make another move like that down the road?

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 09 September 2013 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users