• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I thought he did a pretty good job. And I thought his assessment of his former team's defensive performance was spot on. Tom Jackson said that no team would have ever put up 49 points if he was on the field. His critique was (and I am paraphrasing): "The Ravens defense played with their feet in cement in the second half. The only way you beat Peyton Manning is by getting inside of his head and making him think something is coming that isn't. When he comes to the line, you have to move and try to disguise what your defense is really going to do. The Raven's did not do that." I agree 100%. I've said before that I don't believe Rex Ryan was all that as a DC. He had the benefit of two on-field coaches in Ray Lewis and Ed Reed that moved people around before the snap. Unfortunately for Dean Pees, he gets to be the guy who has a defense without both Lewis and Reed. He's going to have to figure out that once you get by the Ravens front line, the rest is not all that great. He better learn how to get his defense to show some looks that confuse opposing QB's or he might be out of a job after this season. He has 15 more chances to do that.

#2 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,654 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

well Peyton was 8-2 again the Ravens with Ray on the team, averaging over 300 yds per game so its not like Ray actually ever stopped him all that much ....

#3 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

well Peyton was 8-2 again the Ravens with Ray on the team, averaging over 300 yds per game so its not like Ray actually ever stopped him all that much ....

no. but with ray, peyton never put up anywhere near 49 points against us.

#4 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,254 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

His discussion (with the others) about Aaron Hernandez was real good. He discussed the aftermath of "Atlanta" in a general way, but really got my attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users