What must CHC do to win this game?

#2 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Read the latest episode of The Super Gilman "the magic hounds" comic book and just believe

#3 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Give its JR QB Kenji Bahar the time to find his open receivers. The suspect Falcons' DBs will show their true colors if pressure is not generated by GC's DL. They need to aways know where GC's all-world DE (Anniebonam) is at all times and leave FB Travon Hollis in to help block him. If he does generate pressure then CHC should run straight at #11.

#4 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,741 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Give its JR QB Kenji Bahar the time to find his open receivers. The suspect Falcons' DBs will show their true colors if pressure is not generated by GC's DL. They need to aways know where GC's all-world DE (Anniebonam) is at all times and leave FB Travon Hollis in to help block him. If he does generate pressure then CHC should run straight at #11.

The best DL on GC's team isn't even Anniebonam. It's #17 Darius Fullwood, that kid is special! It's going to be a LONG LONG NIGHT! I'm in Toronto now but look forward to being back for that matchup.

Have to give credit where credit is due, Davis made a gutsy call and a call I know he was torn about. But I think it was the right call for the morale of the team. All I have to say is for Colar to keep his head up, the kid can sling that thing and just went thru a rough patch. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him this season.

As far as what he OP asked on what does CHC have to do to beat GC, I say hope and wish that GC forfeits. lol! I'm calling for a 21 point win for GC, I think CHC is energized right now and will bring their A game but I just don't believe their A game is on the level with GC. GC has looked very impressive the last two weeks.

#5 lord_baltimore

lord_baltimore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

I anticipate a very long night for CHC. They will need to keep Kenji off of his back in order to win bottom line. The offensive line is a passive bunch and they will need to be locked in and focused to stand a chance against th GC pass rush. Kenji throws a tight spiral and really fires the ball down field. I think CHC needs to challenge GCs DBs. They need to utilize Erik Evans on vertical routes. He is their best receiver.

Most of all some mature leaders who have the ears of all their teammates need to emerge. That is the single biggest factor moving forward this season for CHC.

Nothing but an A+ effort will get it done for the Cards.

#6 benhur

benhur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

The best DL on GC's team isn't even Anniebonam. It's #17 Darius Fullwood, that kid is special! It's going to be a LONG LONG NIGHT! I'm in Toronto now but look forward to being back for that matchup.

Have to give credit where credit is due, Davis made a gutsy call and a call I know he was torn about. But I think it was the right call for the morale of the team. All I have to say is for Colar to keep his head up, the kid can sling that thing and just went thru a rough patch. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him this season.

As far as what he OP asked on what does CHC have to do to beat GC, I say hope and wish that GC forfeits. lol! I'm calling for a 21 point win for GC, I think CHC is energized right now and will bring their A game but I just don't believe their A game is on the level with GC. GC has looked very impressive the last two weeks.

If CHC can establish any kind of running game, Their pass offense will make toast of Good Counsel. Their pass defense really isn't that good. CHC defense is really pretty good even though it keeps changing. Mark my word, Good Counsel will get a good test this week and if they do not bring their A++ game are going home losers.

#7 TDcity

TDcity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Im intrested in who gets the start at QB for CHC. If they did not change QB last week they would have been 0-3. Im sure GC has a better DL and DBs than Franklin and the were giving him fits. I'm always rooting for our baltimore teams. Good luck

#8 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Im intrested in who gets the start at QB for CHC. If they did not change QB last week they would have been 0-3. Im sure GC has a better DL and DBs than Franklin and the were giving him fits. I'm always rooting for our baltimore teams. Good luck

I don't remember Franklin giving CHC's SR QB the fits. He completed 3 of 4 passes for 43 yards and one interception. The team needed a spark and #11 provided it. I would guess that the JR QB gets the majority of the snaps in practice this week and plays until he is ineffective. I do know that the team and its fans were energized when #11 came into the game last Saturday night.

I think that GC's defensive backfield is their defense's weak spot. They let Gilman's Pop Warner offense complete some big plays in the passing game. Another key is whether the revamped Cardinals offensive line can repeat the intensity they played with in their last game. GC is light years better than Franklin. However, CHC's blue collar ethic ain't nothing to sneeze at. An upset is very possible.

#9 Hallman

Hallman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

I don't remember Franklin giving CHC's SR QB the fits. He completed 3 of 4 passes for 43 yards and one interception. The team needed a spark and #11 provided it. I would guess that the JR QB gets the majority of the snaps in practice this week and plays until he is ineffective. I do know that the team and its fans were energized when #11 came into the game last Saturday night.

I think that GC's defensive backfield is their defense's weak spot. They let Gilman's Pop Warner offense complete some big plays in the passing game. Another key is whether the revamped Cardinals offensive line can repeat the intensity they played with in their last game. GC is light years better than Franklin. However, CHC's blue collar ethic ain't nothing to sneeze at. An upset is very possible.

For Calvert Hall to pull the upset I believe ball controll will be key. Keep Good Council off the field wilth long, sustained drives. The problem is, that is difficult to do in HS football because mistakes, penalties and otherwise, usually show their ugly head. It can be done by mixing the run and pass. I agree with Lord Baltimore, Erik Evans is CHC's best and most dependable receiver. Utulize him to move the chains and he can also split the seam on a vertical route. This will also make the bevy of other receivers more dangerous. With Good Council LBs and DBs having to respect the pass, the running game has a better chance to pick up the yards to, again, move those chains. It sounds like getting Farmer back was a big plus for the running game. Keep building that. I'll be interested to see how the Jr. QB looks. At this point Coach Davis has to go with who is doing the job and I give him credit for using who he thinks is most up to the task.

This is a great challenge for the Cards but they should embrace the opportunity to show themselves and, as our favorite poster would say, Shock the World!

#10 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,741 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

You see, you're living in fantasy world. GC's defensive line is LEGIT! Remember what St. John's DL did to CHC? Imagine what GC's DL is going to do. They have gigantic DT's and fast as hell DE's. And this why I kill CHC, fans like you. Stop comparing CHC to Gilman! They don't have the speed or talent of Gilman's players. There's no Jelani Roberts, no Locksley, no Branch(who had a great game receiving against GC) or even anyone with the speed of Korey Stevens. Gilman called a GREAT GAME offensively against GC. They called a good game against Manatee. It was Paramus that Gilman went back to the horrible playcalling. Difference between Kuhns and Kenji is, Kuhns is built solidly and Kenji is skinny. He's going to see pressure and get hit like he's never been hit before. I think you're going to be in for a rude awakening Friday night! This game will be a 3 TD loss. And I'm only saying 3 TD's because of the fact that I think the crowd and boost of the win last week will give them energy. If it werent for that, I would call for a 35 point win by GC.

#11 DBcoach_02

DBcoach_02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Agree with GA here, the game won't be close after the first quarter, I expect GC to score on just about every drive with their 1's on the field and the final could end up being something around 42-14.

I will say I was impressed with the way CHC played vs Franklin and in how they handled Franklin's speed. But GC coaches are in my opinion far superior to Franklin's and it will not be as easy this week.

All that said, I will be rooting for CHC simply because I root for all local teams when they play DC and OOS teams

#12 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,741 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Agree with GA here, the game won't be close after the first quarter, I expect GC to score on just about every drive with their 1's on the field and the final could end up being something around 42-14.

I will say I was impressed with the way CHC played vs Franklin and in how they handled Franklin's speed. But GC coaches are in my opinion far superior to Franklin's and it will not be as easy this week.

All that said, I will be rooting for CHC simply because I root for all local teams when they play DC and OOS teams

Difference between GC and Franklin coaching is like night and day. Physically GC is just so much more superior than CHC on the lines. GC has size like a damn small college team. They won't need to pass the ball at all(but they've been passing it very well the last two weeks) and I agree, I don't see CHC making one stop in this game against GC's offense.

#13 benhur

benhur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

You see, you're living in fantasy world. GC's defensive line is LEGIT! Remember what St. John's DL did to CHC? Imagine what GC's DL is going to do. They have gigantic DT's and fast as hell DE's. And this why I kill CHC, fans like you. Stop comparing CHC to Gilman! They don't have the speed or talent of Gilman's players. There's no Jelani Roberts, no Locksley, no Branch(who had a great game receiving against GC) or even anyone with the speed of Korey Stevens. Gilman called a GREAT GAME offensively against GC. They called a good game against Manatee. It was Paramus that Gilman went back to the horrible playcalling. Difference between Kuhns and Kenji is, Kuhns is built solidly and Kenji is skinny. He's going to see pressure and get hit like he's never been hit before. I think you're going to be in for a rude awakening Friday night! This game will be a 3 TD loss. And I'm only saying 3 TD's because of the fact that I think the crowd and boost of the win last week will give them energy. If it werent for that, I would call for a 35 point win by GC.

As a former middle linebacker and offensive guard I from experience can attest to the value of a mobile qb and balanced offensive play. My blocking was much more effective when the defense could not play the pass without worrying about the run. I was also more effective when the pocket was respected and utilized by my qb. If chc come out there like they did in the first two games it will be a very long evening. I am predicting we will see the passing game that has been missing with a "effective enough" running game. I do not believe you will see GC defense getting off the hook time and time again because of dropped passes like we saw in the Gilman game. HS football is so exciting because of the many variables. GC is rip for picking so coach D needs to get his troops ready to trip up the giant and MAKE MY DAY. GA I love you son, but I would really like to feed you a little crow.

#14 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,741 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

As a former middle linebacker and offensive guard I from experience can attest to the value of a mobile qb and balanced offensive play. My blocking was much more effective when the defense could not play the pass without worrying about the run. I was also more effective when the pocket was respected and utilized by my qb. If chc come out there like they did in the first two games it will be a very long evening. I am predicting we will see the passing game that has been missing with a "effective enough" running game. I do not believe you will see GC defense getting off the hook time and time again because of dropped passes like we saw in the Gilman game. HS football is so exciting because of the many variables. GC is rip for picking so coach D needs to get his troops ready to trip up the giant and MAKE MY DAY. GA I love you son, but I would really like to feed you a little crow.

If CHC beats GC I will be ready to take my crow and eat it to. Hell, no way would I have ever thought Loyola to be able to beat St. John's, so upsets happens. But St. John's has one of the worse coaching staffs around and GC has one of the best and they will have those kids ready. I will be on hand for it whatever and expect to take a beating if CHC pulls it off. I will then re-evaluate the MIAA.

#15 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

If CHC beats GC I will be ready to take my crow and eat it to. Hell, no way would I have ever thought Loyola to be able to beat St. John's, so upsets happens. But St. John's has one of the worse coaching staffs around and GC has one of the best and they will have those kids ready. I will be on hand for it whatever and expect to take a beating if CHC pulls it off. I will then re-evaluate the MIAA.

Why is St John's coaching staff one of the worst around? Wouldnt Gilman's be up there with their vanilla offensive play calling and execution? Again you are throwing around nonsense. Why bash their coaching staff when your guys have problems in your own back yard.

Edited by Outside Looking In, 10 September 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#16 BigCountryToo

BigCountryToo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

It's early to count out the senior QB, I expect him to get back into a rythm this week. Kenji will have a good game as CHC coaching staff will have a complete plan. I do expect GC to hit the QB every chance they get so you will need to be tough enough to take the big hit. I take CHC in a late comeback victory. Watch for the defense to step up and give GC fits.

21-17 CHC

#17 BigCountryToo

BigCountryToo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Why is St John's coaching staff one of the worst around? Wouldnt Gilman's be up there with their vanilla offensive play calling and execution? Again you are throwing around nonsense. Why bash their coaching staff when your guys have problems in your own back yard.

I agree, Gilman struggles when the move to a different offense as seen this year. I see Biff over riding Baucia during the games as Biff struggles with an innovated passing offense. Biffs offense is simple but successful when you have the personnel. My intel says its a marriage that will soon end as early as next year. Sources are stating that want an alumni to take over the offense. We shall see this week.

#18 Oil Can

Oil Can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Read the latest episode of The Super Gilman "the magic hounds" comic book and just believe

Good one.

#19 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Sources are stating that want an alumni to take over the offense.

Paging GREYHOUND ALUM...

#20 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,741 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Paging GREYHOUND ALUM...

I'm by no means a coach but I can tell you this, I could have called a better game than what was called against Paramus. That was BY FAR the worst called game I've ever seen in my life! And that's saying a lot considering some of the horribly called games Gilman has had over the years. Like I said, I was extremely impressed with the offense the first two games but that last game was just pitiful. Now known of this will matter because they can get away with bad habits and making bad calls because they're much better than the rest of he teams they will be playing outside of maybe McDonogh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users