#1 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

The offspring of a woman who died last month penned a harsh obituary for their late mother, who, the obituary said, spent her life subjecting them to horrible abuse.

Marianne Theresa Johnson-Reddick born Jan 4, 1935 and died alone on Aug. 30, 2013. She is survived by her 6 of 8 children whom she spent her lifetime torturing in every way possible. While she neglected and abused her small children, she refused to allow anyone else to care or show compassion towards them. When they became adults she stalked and tortured anyone they dared to love. Everyone she met, adult or child was tortured by her cruelty and exposure to violence, criminal activity, vulgarity, and hatred of the gentle or kind human spirit.

On behalf of her children whom she so abrasively exposed to her evil and violent life, we celebrate her passing from this earth and hope she lives in the after-life reliving each gesture of violence, cruelty, and shame that she delivered on her children. Her surviving children will now live the rest of their lives with the peace of knowing their nightmare finally has some form of closure.

Most of us have found peace in helping those who have been exposed to child abuse and hope this message of her final passing can revive our message that abusing children is unforgiveable, shameless, and should not be tolerated in a "humane society". Our greatest wish now, is to stimulate a national movement that mandates a purposeful and dedicated war against child abuse in the United States of America.

The original obit has been removed from their online website, but it appeared in all the print editions of the Nevada's Reno Gazette-Journal on Tuesday.

#2 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,257 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

http://gawker.com/th...ur-c-1286582748
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#3 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,290 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

http://gawker.com/th...ur-c-1286582748

The sad part is reading the comments from people in your link....

Wow...

#4 bullmikey

bullmikey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,201 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

I guess the possibility of redemption played no part in the outlook of the author. I imagine the woman was quite a monster, but isn't the capacity to rise above the desire for vengeance and accept the solace of the grave as payment enough for past transgressions also an essential element of a humane society? I understand what it means to hold a grudge – I’ve held a few of my own – but vengeance seems a rather pointless exercise once it reaches its terminal stage. After all, the dead suffer no afflictions and have passed beyond the reach of mortal judgment. There comes a time to cease licking old wounds and let the healing begin. Otherwise, you spend your whole life at war with yourself. No good will come of that.

#5 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

She sounds like a real peach:

A search of Marianne's name suggests that perhaps she is the same Nevada-based Marianne Reddick who, in 1970, testified before the Nevada Equal Rights Commission that the employment agency she ran printed "White Only" on certain referrals so that black people would not mistakenly apply for jobs where they were not welcome.

#6 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,151 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Glad to see the truthful obituary is making a come back. This was not uncommon years ago. Here's a clip from Mencken's obituary of William Jennings Bryan:

But what of his life? Did he accomplish any useful thing? Was he, in his day, of any dignity as a man, and of any value to his fellow-men? I doubt it. Bryan, at his best, was simply a magnificent job-seeker. The issues that he bawled about usually meant nothing to him. He was ready to abandon them whenever he could make votes by doing so, and to take up new ones at a moment's notice. For years he evaded Prohibition as dangerous; then he embraced it as profitable. At the Democratic National Convention last year he was on both sides, and distrusted by both. In his last great battle there was only a baleful and ridiculous malignancy. If he was pathetic, he was also disgusting.

Bryan was a vulgar and common man, a cad undiluted. He was ignorant, bigoted, self-seeking, blatant and dishonest. His career brought him into contact with the first men of his time; he preferred the company of rustic ignoramuses. It was hard to believe, watching him at Dayton, that he had traveled, that he had been received in civilized societies, that he had been a high officer of state. He seemed only a poor clod like those around him, deluded by a childish theology, full of an almost pathological hatred of all learning, all human dignity, all beauty, all fine and noble things. He was a peasant come home to the dung-pile. Imagine a gentleman, and you have imagined everything that he was not.

It's an art form. If we can't learn by our own mistakes, at least we can highlight the mistakes of others and hope for the best.

http://www.peeniewal...enckens_ob.html

#7 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Here's one of my favorites. It's nice to the deceased, but whichever child wrote it, takes a jab at their sister.

http://articles.chic...ath-loving-care

The best part of this one, for me, was when I got to the "survived by" section and found that the deceased was my godfather's sister!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users