• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

First it makes the Browns fans season. Second it will bring out the Hate Harbs fans on here. I bet if they lose this board will light up with the haters for Flacco, Rice and Harbaugh. You watch all the love will be gone for Ravens stars and watch a season that may end up 4 and 12 happen

#2 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,791 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

If the Ravens lose to Cleveland when they are at home, coming off of a loss, with extra rest, then there is a serious problem. They are the biggest lock on the board to win (no spread). A loss would indicate that they are seriously overrated and the loss of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Anquan Boldin have mattered much more than people thought. I don't believe the Ravens will lose tomorrow.

#3 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

As I said in an earlier post, I think this game is very important. I'm not saying they have to blow the Browns off the field but a decisive, statistically one-sided win is a must. If they stumble to a win, play poorly and nearly allow Cleveland to sneak out of town with a victory, then I'd say we've got some serious issues. If they lose to the Browns, I think emotionally, it's going to be extremely tough to play Houston next week. I can't imagine that happening today but you never know, do you?

#4 classea5

classea5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

As I said in an earlier post, I think this game is very important. I'm not saying they have to blow the Browns off the field but a decisive, statistically one-sided win is a must. If they stumble to a win, play poorly and nearly allow Cleveland to sneak out of town with a victory, then I'd say we've got some serious issues. If they lose to the Browns, I think emotionally, it's going to be extremely tough to play Houston next week. I can't imagine that happening today but you never know, do you?

If we lose then we avoid the haters and wait until mid season to see what kind of team we will be next year. We look forward to the draft as we will be in a position to pick earlier and pick more talent. And we chalk it up to parity which is what makes the league so great. We will have some company by the way i.e. Steelers!

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

First it makes the Browns fans season. Second it will bring out the Hate Harbs fans on here. I bet if they lose this board will light up with the haters for Flacco, Rice and Harbaugh. You watch all the love will be gone for Ravens stars and watch a season that may end up 4 and 12 happen

More than anything else, a loss will bring out a ton of criticism of the FO and John Harbaugh's decisions to purge the team of players with loud voices. Because it's those decisions that have shaped this season more than anything else.

(It would be poetic justice if the game was won/lost on a 4th quarter return by Rainey or a fumble by Doss on a return that ends up costing the Ravens the game.)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 15 September 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#6 jessup270

jessup270

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,919 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

More than anything else, a loss will bring out a ton of criticism of the FO and John Harbaugh's decisions to purge the team of players with loud voices. Because it's those decisions that have shaped this season more than anything else.

(It would be poetic justice if the game was won/lost on a 4th quarter return by Rainey or a fumble by Doss on a return that ends up costing the Ravens the game.)

My predictions:

If Rainey gets a chance to play look for him to have a really good game.

Look for Rookie FB Kyle Juszczyk to be a complete non factor. Remember they kept this guy instead of Rainey. Front office ego would not allow them to release a fourth round pick who had a miserable camp.

If Doss should get in the game as a receiver, look for him to not even be close to making a big gain. Maybe a two yard gain on third down, when you really need 12 yards for a first down.

If the Ravens should lose this game, look for Harbaugh to spread the BS thick, after all this is the first year for Harbaugh to be the true head coach, now that Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are no longer around. When Lewis and Reed were around, it was head coach by a committee of three.

#7 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

If the Ravens lose this game I can guarantee they will be 0-3 after next week. Yet they still may make the playoffs as they do have some soft games left.

#8 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

By the way maybe Oz can get Boldin back...I still think that trade was a inside deal made by two brothers. Talk about conspiracy, what was missing by the 49 ers last year? Boldin is their missing piece. I wonder ....two brothers win back to back SB's now that is a conspiracy.

#9 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

With so many new pieces it's not hard to see why they may struggle early. Without going their again the loss of Boldin will continue to loom large. I feel for Flacco missing his go to guys Pitta, Boldin and Jones.

But in the end.....it no big deal..........because

THE RAVENS ARE STILL 2012 WORLD CHAMPIONS...and that out ways any of the bad (if it happens)

#10 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Caldwell...three times in a row...run-run-pass. (And people seriously wonder why I think Caldwell is a mediocre OC?)

#11 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,109 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Just home. Ugly as hell, but we got the W, which untimely is all that mattered.

#12 classea5

classea5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Tandon Doss helped with that win and OGF maybe you should get the job so we can give you some sh.......

#13 TigerBlood

TigerBlood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Caldwell...three times in a row...run-run-pass. (And people seriously wonder why I think Caldwell is a mediocre OC?)

I started chanting run-run-pass at one point in the game. I will say though that it's hard to judge Caldwell right now with what we're putting on the field. We are a Torrey Smith injury away from being a 4-12 team. That's what makes it so hard to wonder what they were thinking with some of these moves, most recently the Mellette IR / decision. I don't even think Draughn was active today.

#14 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,940 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Are you disappointed?

#15 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,940 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Just home. Ugly as hell, but we got the W, which untimely is all that mattered.

I will take an ugly win over an ugly loss any day.

This team will test Harb's coaching ability. If we make the playoffs he is one heck of a coach.

#16 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

I started chanting run-run-pass at one point in the game. I will say though that it's hard to judge Caldwell right now with what we're putting on the field. We are a Torrey Smith injury away from being a 4-12 team. That's what makes it so hard to wonder what they were thinking with some of these moves, most recently the Mellette IR / decision. I don't even think Draughn was active today.

I don't think it's hard to judge Caldwell now at all. This is the same thing I saw the entire post season, through the preseason, and two games into the 2013 regular season. He just doesn't have that much ingenuity in his game plans.

#17 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

They would have been 0-2, one game out in the division, and working hard to try to get better.

Instead, they're 1-1, first place in the division, and working hard to try to get better.

This never-ending, undying need to put SO much stock in one game... ANY one game... good or bad... by any team... never ceases to amaze me.

#18 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,940 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

He is just a troll.

#19 prairieaug

prairieaug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

They would have been 0-2, one game out in the division, and working hard to try to get better.

Instead, they're 1-1, first place in the division, and working hard to try to get better.

This never-ending, undying need to put SO much stock in one game... ANY one game... good or bad... by any team... never ceases to amaze me.

^^ This ^^

It does get old. The Ravens are dealing with big changes in the roster and injuries on top of that. (As the SB champs they should not have opened on the road IMO). This team has very qualified mgmt. and will deal with the issues as best they can.

#20 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

^^ This ^^

It does get old. The Ravens are dealing with big changes in the roster and injuries on top of that. (As the SB champs they should not have opened on the road IMO). This team has very qualified mgmt. and will deal with the issues as best they can.

Then maybe posting on sports message boards just isn't for you (or the poster you're quoting). Because there's going to be passionate declarations, based upon people's feelings, as the season moves along. So really...if it's too much for you, just go become a cheerleader or something, okay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users