19 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Colin Kaepernick's line: 13/28, 127 yards, 0 TD, 3 Int Rating: 20.1

In his WORST outing I don't think Joe was ever that bad. And CK hasn't even completed a full 16 game season in the NFL.

And Boldin? 1 catch for 7 yards.

Yes. What a difference a week makes.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 16 September 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#2 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,599 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

In his WORST outing I don't think Joe every was that bad. And CK hasn't even completed a full 16 game season in the NFL.

I was thinking the same thing. Great defenses have a funny way of doing that to a team. Last week's defense was rather poor.

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Great defenses have a funny way of doing that to a team. Last week's defense was rather poor.

And so was Preston's attempt to say that Boldin was a better fit in SF because of CK. Good teams do NOT have to resort to zone coverage, and a good team that can play tough man to man absolutely shut down that entire team. And CK looked pretty poor out there tonight. So before anyone (Preston or others) crowns him as the next latest and greatest, he's got a long way to prove himself. Joe has already done that. For five years+. And he's got the ring -- and the MVP -- to prove it.

(I'll also state that while Greg Roman looked like he could walk on water last week, this week he sunk like a stone.)

#4 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

So Bolden had a big game last week and disappeared this week? I've seen that pattern before...

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

So Bolden had a big game last week and disappeared this week? I've seen that pattern before...

Exactly.

#6 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,767 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

First thing I hear this morning when I flip on NFL Network... talking heads babbling about how Kaepernick had no support, he needs support, he needs a running game, etc. Basically about how how his team let him down.

I'm going to guess that when they get to the Ravens / Browns recap, they won't talk about McKinnie's failure to move at the snap several times, Brown's TD drop, Smith's TD drop, Smith and Dickson playing butter fingers on other early throws, the lack of O-line push, etc.

#7 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

good morning buddy,

Didn't watch the SF/Sea. game last night...

It amazed me last year that so many pundits were already crowning CK the so called next greatest QB with him having played so few games Just like you said, the guy hasn't even completed a full season yet so the accolades are a little premature.

Joe has been their and Joe has done that.....he deserves everything he gets. It's been well earned.

Have a question about last nights game and Boldin having just the 1 catch.
How many times was he targeted ?
I was actually surprised when Boldin had that monster game last week against the Packers. IMO, it usually takes a little time for a QB and a WR to get on the same page. With CK being that young do you think he doesn't have the trust in Boldin to throw in those small windows ? After all we both know Boldin does not get the separation like many fast receivers do.

One more thing.. Seattles D is the real deal. Man on man all over the field. WOW

#8 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

good morning buddy,

It amazed me last year that so many pundits were already crowning CK the so called next greatest QB with him having played so few games Just like you said, the guy hasn't even completed a full season yet so the accolades are a little premature.

Joe has been their and Joe has done that.....he deserves everything he gets. It's been well earned.

I was actually surprised when Boldin had that monster game last week against the Packers. IMO, it usually takes a little time for a QB and a WR to get on the same page. With CK being that young do you think he doesn't have the trust in Boldin to throw in those small windows ? After all we both know Boldin does not get the separation like many fast receivers do.

One more thing.. Seattles D is the real deal. Man on man all over the field. WOW

IIRC, Boldin was targeted 4 times. That man to man was like a blanket. They have such good CBs they just shut everything down.

At the start of the season I figured that Boldin would fall by the wayside because given other options his number just wouldn't get called. But against the Packers their OC was dialing up the most amazing schemes and Boldin actually WAS getting separation. And on the plays when he wasn't, he was fighting off defenders for the ball. This week, however...there was zero separation, AND little time because of the pass rush. It was just the complete opposite of last week. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out the rest of the way for them. But of the two, I'd have to say that the Seahawks are the real deal, and the Niners are just a very good team.

#9 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

First thing I hear this morning when I flip on NFL Network... talking heads babbling about how Kaepernick had no support, he needs support, he needs a running game, etc. Basically about how how his team let him down.

I'm going to guess that when they get to the Ravens / Browns recap, they won't talk about McKinnie's failure to move at the snap several times, Brown's TD drop, Smith's TD drop, Smith and Dickson playing butter fingers on other early throws, the lack of O-line push, etc.

It was the same when the announcers kept saying that Brady needed time to work things out with his receivers and that it wasn't HIS fault. Joe never gets the same consideration. He gets tagged as being "inconsistent". It's a joke.

#10 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

IIRC, Boldin was targeted 4 times. That man to man was like a blanket. They have such good CBs they just shut everything down.

At the start of the season I figured that Boldin would fall by the wayside because given other options his number just wouldn't get called. But against the Packers their OC was dialing up the most amazing schemes and Boldin actually WAS getting separation. And on the plays when he wasn't, he was fighting off defenders for the ball. This week, however...there was zero separation, AND little time because of the pass rush. It was just the complete opposite of last week. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out the rest of the way for them. But of the two, I'd have to say that the Seahawks are the real deal, and the Niners are just a very good team.

It's amazing how good an offense can look against one of the worst defenses and then look so bad against one of the bests. There is definitely a large defense gap in the NFL.

#11 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

It's amazing how good an offense can look against one of the worst defenses and then look so bad against one of the bests. There is definitely a large defense gap in the NFL.

Yeah. I just never thought of the Packers as a horrible defense.

#12 AFKAR7

AFKAR7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Is there any other sport that has more overreaction (good or bad) like the NFL has by the fans and media?

#13 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

Is there any other sport that has more overreaction (good or bad) like the NFL has by the fans and media?

You only get 16 games to flip out about. Plus there's a week between to really get worked up about.

#14 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

In his WORST outing I don't think Joe was ever that bad. And CK hasn't even completed a full 16 game season in the NFL.

I had to look carefully to refute this but I found it. :D Post season game against Pittsburgh in 2008:

Sun 1/18

@
PIT

L 14-23 13 30 141 43.3 4.70 22 0 3 6.7 18.2

#15 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

I had to look carefully to refute this but I found it. :D Post season game against Pittsburgh in 2008:

Sun 1/18

@
PIT

L 14-23 13 30 141 43.3 4.70 22 0 3 6.7 18.2

Thanks.

#16 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,766 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Boldin spent more time being locked up by #25 and couldn't get open on a bet.

Seahawk corners are the best pair in the league, and were more than willing to let Boldin lock horns with them to keep him out of the game.

But don't sell Q short. As we know depending on match ups, Boldin can and will carry a game on his own shoulders.

#17 terps19

terps19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'd still rather have Boldin than relying on a WR corps that is starting a rookie and has Doss in the wings in case someone gets hurt.

#18 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,376 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'd still rather have Boldin than relying on a WR corps that is starting a rookie and has Doss in the wings in case someone gets hurt.

Exactly. Not too many players not named Calvin Johnson are going to consistently have the type of game Boldin had last week. I'd still take him as the #2 here

#19 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I seem to recall that Joe also had a horrible game when the Ravens played Seattle in the hole of a stadium. As I recall during that game, Boldin couldn't get off the line against the big corners of the SheHawks. That team is a nightmare to play there for anyone.

#20 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

good morning buddy,

Bolding was getting mugged the entire game by Sherman. Chris Collingsworth kept commenting that it looked like Boldin was blocking on passing plays, but in reality he was getting dominated at the LOS. Sherman is about the only corner in the league big enough and strong enough to do that to Boldin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users