• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TeamofSTEEL

TeamofSTEEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Dan Duquette confirmed in the Sun article that Jim Johnson is coming back next year. It reminds me of the Ravens when Ozzie said Cundiff was coming back in 2012 after missing the kick for the tie in the NE playoff game. So glad Cundiff came back and redeemed himself in 2012 just like the O's are doing for Johnson.

Oh wait, never mind, my bad. Different franchise, different expectations.

#2 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Standing pat. Beautiful.

Maybe they will turn him into a starter like they were talking about 2 years ago so they can replace him more easily if he sucks.

#3 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Johnson did lead the league in saves. I know we remember with distress his bleak streak and how totally lost he looked during that time. And of course we have to remember that if every one of those blown saves was a win the Orioles would probably be in the playoffs. I cannot explain that, but the guy is a talent in that role and has to be given a chance to come back. I just would make dam sure he was not the only option.

#4 Agrippa

Agrippa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Standing pat. Beautiful.

Maybe they will turn him into a starter like they were talking about 2 years ago so they can replace him more easily if he sucks.

3 playoff appearances in 30 years, stop complaining. If you don't praise Angelos you are not an Orioles fan

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,355 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Oh good. It's definitely the right move to bring back the guy who single handedly cost your team 10 games.

#6 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Oh good. It's definitely the right move to bring back the guy who single handedly cost your team 10 games.

It's probably a commentary on the state of Oriole pitching more than anything. I'm assuming that Duquette's perspective on Johnson's worth to the team is based on his expectations of not finding anyone better, including what's on the staff right now. He'd never say that but you can bet damn skippy, that's what he's thinking.

#7 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Cundiff did come back. He just didn't make the last cut at training camp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users