• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,498 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

The Broncos, the 2013 media darlings, are in second place in their division, despite putting up unparalleled FF/Madden type numbers.

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,082 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

It's amazing what a really good defense can still do these days.  A last place schedule doesn't hurt either.

I think what's craziest about the Chiefs is how bad Romeo Crennel must have been.  An offensive-minded coach like Andy Reid comes into most of the same pieces on defense and a 2-14 team becomes a defensive juggernaut.

Also, the media is officially in mourning since both Brady and Manning lost.

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,498 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

It's amazing what a really good defense can still do these days.  A last place schedule doesn't hurt either.

I think what's craziest about the Chiefs is how bad Romeo Crennel must have been.  An offensive-minded coach like Andy Reid comes into most of the same pieces on defense and a 2-14 team becomes a defensive juggernaut.

Also, the media is officially in mourning since both Brady and Manning lost.

Romeo oh Romeo...yes. He was very bad.

The further irony is that while the Chiefs definitely have a monster D, they have a very pedestrian offense. Reid has always been able to win big in the regular season/in a shaky division. But like Schotty, he folds like a cheap suit in the post season because then he's up against the real big boys. It'll be interesting to see how things play out when the first place Chiefs go head to head with the second place Broncos.

#4 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,574 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

I'm not on board with the Chiefs yet. Their defense is very good but they really haven't played anyone yet except Dallas. Let's see how they look against Denver and the Colts. Who by the way are the only tough opponents all year on their schedule. They could go 13-3 without really beating anyone of substance.

Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,498 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm not on board with the Chiefs yet. Their defense is very good but they really haven't played anyone yet except Dallas. Let's see how they look against Denver and the Colts. Who by the way are the only tough opponents all year on their schedule. They could go 13-3 without really beating anyone of substance.

I agree. I'm waiting to see how they do againt the real powerhouse teams.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 28 October 2013 - 06:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users