11 replies to this topic

#1 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Some of you may have missed this while the website was out of action...

http://www.washingto...-nbas-d-league/

After initially deciding to pursue his professional hoop dream overseas, Aquille Carr’s basketball journey has brought him back to America. The former Princeton Day standout has signed a contract with the NBA Developmental League that will make him eligible for next month’s draft.

“It was his decision to play in the D-League, and to develop in order to get ready for next year’s NBA Draft,” Carr’s Agent Johnny Foster told D-League Digest.

Known as the Crimestopper, the 5-foot-7 guard spent part of this past summer playing in China alongside former NBA stars Tracy McGrady and Jason Williams on the Legends Tour. Carr was offered a pro contract by Qingdao Double Star of the Chinese Basketball Association but the two sides never came to an agreement.

Good luck to him, but I can't see this ending well.  

He's not anywhere close to being good enough for the NBA.

#2 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

So you need to be 1-year out from high school to be eligible to play in the NBA, but not the D-League?  That's ridiculous.

Edited by gillytech, 23 October 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#3 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,360 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

So you don't need to be 1-year out from high school to be eligible to play in the D-League, but not the NBA.  That's ridiculous.

Yeah that pretty much makes zero sense.

#4 First_Down

First_Down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Your statement doesn't make sense to me.  Please rephrase, which one requires the one-year?

#5 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Your statement doesn't make sense to me.  Please rephrase, which one requires the one-year?

I fixed it.  Sorry - my previous post was confusing - the NBA requires players to be 1 year removed from high school, but not the D-League

#6 old school

old school

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

The NBDL requires players to be 18 years old to be eligible for the draft.  The NBA requires players to be at least 19 and one year removed.  They are trying to get it right by allowing kids who don't want to go to college to be eligible.  Unlike the NBA, players sign a one year contract to the league vice a specific team.

#7 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

The D-League draft is today, you can follow the draft live online at NBADLeague.com.

http://www.nba.com/d...2013_10_31.html

More than 180 players will be eligible to be selected in the 2013 NBA Development League Draft, which will be conducted using Cisco’s WebEx Meeting Center at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, Nov. 1 from the league’s New York headquarters.

Players selected in the eight-round Draft will join NBA affiliate, returning, and local tryout players at each NBA D-League team’s training camp, which begin no earlier than Nov. 7.

No trades will be permitted during the Draft and only players signed to an NBA D-League Standard Player Contract are eligible to be selected. The first six rounds of the Draft are mandatory, while teams may opt not to select players in the seventh and eighth rounds.

#8 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

He was drafted in the 3rd round by the Delaware 87ers.

#9 Oil Can

Oil Can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

He was drafted in the 3rd round by the Delaware 87ers.

Will that enable him to afford Obamacare?

#10 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

His talent earned him the name The Crimestopper his ego should be called The Careerstopper. College was the way to go for this guy but he just could not do it (for some reason).

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#11 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Will that enable him to afford Obamacare?

At $13,000 per year, he'll be making less than a full-time job at minimum wage.  

#12 old school

old school

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

At $13,000 per year, he'll be making less than a full-time job at minimum wage.  

Yeah but it's safer than standing on the corner slangin'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users