• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Middlebrooks tried to 'accidentally' raise those legs up and trip Craig at 3rd base...lol.

Somewhere Reggie is laughing at what he got away with in 78.

#2 Mr. Buzzcut

Mr. Buzzcut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

That was great!

The Cards looked like the O's in trying to give this one away.

#3 SNAFU

SNAFU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Craig actually screwed up by stopping halfway between 2nd and 3rd when the ball was hit, then continued, which is why he was late getting to 3rd. There was no need to stop as the play was no way coming to him after the ground ball was noticed, but was coming home. He should've gotten to 3rd standing up.

I don't have an 'ignore' list. I don't need no stinkin' list to remind me who I've ignored! I ignore the old-fashioned way.

#4 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

The umpire who made the call is either very, very brave or very, very stupid.  I can't decide which it is.

#5 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,833 posts
  • LocationIn the land of optimism

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

What? No link to the meltdown on the Boston boards? ;)

To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#6 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,621 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

that joke of a call is enough to root against the cardinals even if you do hate the bosox .....

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#7 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

I don't think Middlebrooks was trying trip him, he just happened to be in the way.

#8 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

that joke of a call is enough to root against the cardinals even if you do hate the bosox .....

In what way was that call a joke?  Craig would have easily scored had Middlebrooks not been laying out in front of him.  I don't think I've ever seen a more appropriate obstruction call.  Intentional on Middlebrooks part or not, it is obstruction.  The rulebook doesn't differentiate.

Edited by LarryN, 28 October 2013 - 09:32 AM.

"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#9 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

The ump Jim Joyce of blown no hitter calls made the right call based on the rules. Tough call but the right call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users