Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gizmo

HaHa...nice try Middlebrooks....

9 posts in this topic

Middlebrooks tried to 'accidentally' raise those legs up and trip Craig at 3rd base...lol.

Somewhere Reggie is laughing at what he got away with in 78.

Craig actually screwed up by stopping halfway between 2nd and 3rd when the ball was hit, then continued, which is why he was late getting to 3rd. There was no need to stop as the play was no way coming to him after the ground ball was noticed, but was coming home. He should've gotten to 3rd standing up.

The umpire who made the call is either very, very brave or very, very stupid.  I can't decide which it is.

What? No link to the meltdown on the Boston boards? ;)

that joke of a call is enough to root against the cardinals even if you do hate the bosox .....

that joke of a call is enough to root against the cardinals even if you do hate the bosox .....

In what way was that call a joke?  Craig would have easily scored had Middlebrooks not been laying out in front of him.  I don't think I've ever seen a more appropriate obstruction call.  Intentional on Middlebrooks part or not, it is obstruction.  The rulebook doesn't differentiate.

Edited by LarryN

The ump Jim Joyce of blown no hitter calls made the right call based on the rules. Tough call but the right call.