Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shad

Woman Wrecks Car Knocks ON Door For Help and Gets Shot in the Head

107 posts in this topic

It's Detroit.  That's like banging on a door in Baghdad.  When a place is steeped in poverty, misery and violence, this is the type of stuff that happens.

So why did the police initially lie about how the woman died?

They share common boundaries, is there much difference between Woodlawn or Essex to Baltimore?

Was that a serious question?

Edited by bmore_ken

????  The term "minority" is oftentimes used to designate AAs, so why cannot "majority" be used to designate Caucasians? 

What a blatantly racist thing to say.

Looks as if your homeboy Barry Hussein Obama has trained you well.

They share common boundaries, is there much difference between Woodlawn or Essex to Baltimore? For whatever reasons there is little in print at this point.

Depends on what part of Baltimore you are using as a reference point.

Renisha McBride was shot in the back of the head with a shotgun Saturday, the Detroit News reports.

:confused:

“This man’s claiming – believed the girl was breaking into the home. And he’s also saying the gun discharged accidentally,” Lt. James Serwatowski, chief detective, said today.

Serwatowski also said the 19-year-old McBride was not shot in the back of the head, as her family has stated. The family said she had gone to the house seeking help after being involved in a car accident several blocks away.

This girl was not shot in the back of the head while leaving the porch,” Serwatowski said “I don’t know where the family is getting this. She was shot in the front of the face, near the mouth.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20131107/NEWS02/311070049/Family-wants-answers-after-woman-19-shot-dead-while-seeking-help

No need to lie about where she was shot.  If they guy had no justifiable reason, or if the gun fired accidentally, he should go to jail.  But you don't need to lie and say she was shot in the back of the head, that just damages any remaining credibility.

:confused:

http://www.freep.com/article/20131107/NEWS02/311070049/Family-wants-answers-after-woman-19-shot-dead-while-seeking-help

No need to lie about where she was shot.  If they guy had no justifiable reason, or if the gun fired accidentally, he should go to jail.  But you don't need to lie and say she was shot in the back of the head, that just damages any remaining credibility.

So, why did the police initially claim they had no idea who shot the woman:

Renisha McBride, 19, went out Friday night and Monday morning her mother got a call that broke her heart. Police told her they found Renisha's body in Dearborn Heights. Now, they're trying to find her killer. Bernita Spinks wants closure and justice. McBride was her niece. Police found the teen's body near Warren and Outer Drive. They say she had a gunshot wound to the head from a shotgun. Family members say Renisha was soft spoken, hardworking and stayed to herself. Bernita thinks she was killed in Detroit and dumped in Dearborn Heights because of its close proximity to the city.

Read more

Edited by kandace

How odd.  This thread seems to have died an early death (like its subject).  Where are the snarky rejoinders to my last post?

Whats to say, she was drunk at Oh dark thirty, got in wreck, pounded on strangers door and was shot for her troubles.

The moral of the story is don't drink and drive, you'll live longer.

Meanwhile the beat goes on, the beat goes on...................... http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/11/renisha_mcbride_barbershop_sho.html

Edited by FidelZastro

Whats to say, she was drunk at Oh dark thirty, got in wreck, pounded on strangers door and was shot for her troubles.

The moral of the story is don't drink and drive, you'll live longer.

So why did the police initially lie about where she was shot?

The cops were all drinking Richards, Mad Dog & Thunderbird.... they slurred their words to reporters who were also drinking who in turn got it wrong.

The police have repeatedly stated she was NOT shot in the back of the head, despite the family continuing to lie about it.  Why does that family keep lying?

My question - where was she, and what was she doing, in the 2 hours between her car accident and her death?

The police have repeatedly stated she was NOT shot in the back of the head, despite the family continuing to lie about it.  Why does that family keep lying?

My question - where was she, and what was she doing, in the 2 hours between her car accident and her death?

Police initially said they believed the shot was fired in self-defense, and a neighbor said officers told them shortly afterward that the homeowner had gotten scared and shot someone during an apparent break-in attempt.

Her family said they were initially told by police that McBride’s body had been dumped and discovered near Warren Avenue, but police are now saying the woman died on the home’s front porch.

The police told a neighbor that the woman was killed in self defense, yet they told the family they did not know who killed her.  The police lied.

Edited by kandace

Police initially said they believed the shot was fired in self-defense, and a neighbor said officers told them shortly afterward that the homeowner had gotten scared and shot someone during an apparent break-in attempt.

Her family said they were initially told by police that McBride’s body had been dumped and discovered near Warren Avenue, but police are now saying the woman died on the home’s front porch.

The police told a neighbor that the woman was killed in self defense, yet they told the family they did not know who killed her.  The police lied.

If he didn't have a reasonable belief he was in danger when he fired, he should be arrested for murder, plain and simple.

If he did, then the shooting was justified.

Not a hard concept to understand, except for those posters here who think the person with the gun is ALWAYS wrong, no matter the race,

(But especially when Whitey Kills Blacky, because then the motive is ALWAYS racism.) :rolleyes:

I hope they do a thorough investigation and if charges are warranted indict the shooter.

If not, move along.

If he didn't have a reasonable belief he was in danger when he fired, he should be arrested for murder, plain and simple.

Not a hard concept to understand, except for those posters here who think the person with the gun is ALWAYS wrong, no matter the race,

(But especially when Whitey Kills Blacky, because then the motive is ALWAYS racism.) :rolleyes:

I hope they do a thorough investigation and if charges are warranted indict the shooter.

If not, move along.

This is pretty much all that needs to be said.  Investigate and charge the guy if he broke the law.  Simple enough.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/08/renisha-mcbride-shooting_n_4242199.html

McBride died after being shot in the face in the early hours of Saturday on the front porch of a home in Dearborn Heights, Mich., according to police. She had been involved in a car accident over the city line in Detroit, and her family believes her cell phone died and she went to the home seeking help. Police put the timing of the crash at around 1:30 a.m. and the shooting around 3:40 a.m., according to the Detroit Free Press.

Bloomfield Hills attorney Cheryl Carpenter told The Huffington Post that the 54-year-old homeowner, who lives alone, contacted her after the events of that night. The man hasn't been named by police and no charges have been filed in the case.

How far away from her car was the house?  There seem to be a lot of pieces missing.

I need a lot more information before I can voice an opinion about the shooter.  My only question now is "Why did he open the door in the first place?"  If someone came to my house in the middle of the night and I couldn't see or know who it was, I would not open the door.

I need a lot more information before I can voice an opinion about the shooter.  My only question now is "Why did he open the door in the first place?"  If someone came to my house in the middle of the night and I couldn't see or know who it was, I would not open the door.

Maybe just MAYBE he was trying to be nice but she became irrational and combative? You're right though, more info needs to be produced.

The racists have crawled out of their hole in this thread! Dead black people always fires these bigots up.

How right you are! Especially if the black person is killed by a white person. Just like in the Trayvon Martin case, when these racist bigots became so outraged and made it go national, and even resorted to calling a Hispanic a "White man", edited and falsified audio tape to make him look like a racist, and put out a contract for his death. But if the person who shot this woman turns out to be a fellow black or another minority, then these racist bigots will loose total interest in the story.  

Edited by The Shadow

The missing 2+ hours between the crash and her death must be resolved.  

Police declined to say what they believe McBride was doing before and after the accident...

What was she doing during this time?

The homeowner says he thought someone was breaking into his house, and that the shotgun discharged accidentally.  If so, he must be charged with negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter. 

Until there is any evidence to the contrary (that it wasn't an accident) the raging hoplophobe racists (who think every time a Whitey shoots Blacky it MUST be racism) will just have to keep whining to whine to Rev Al and his band of clowns.

Not a hard concept to understand, except for those posters here who think the person with the gun is ALWAYS wrong, no matter the race,.

The concept may be easy to understand, but trying to determine if the belief is justified, isn't.

My 90+ year old parents get scared when they get a delivery to their door, and it's some big black or hispanic dude holding the package. To them, and many (older) people, fear can be brought on by nothing more than someone new coming to their door, or being approached in the parking lot. Where is the justification line? If this person was pounding on the door to get some attention, should the person inside the house fear for their life? If you are that person, then don't open the door and call 911. If there is no evidence of someone trying to break into your house, then I don't see how they can possibly use a stand your ground defense. Baloney.

This is just another example, out of thousands, of how guns empower good people into doing stupid things.

Edited by slapshot