• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 FidelZastro

FidelZastro

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Renisha McBride was shot in the back of the head with a shotgun Saturday, the Detroit News reports.

That's a shame, maybe she was using a reverse coco coco butt. We still know next to nothing.

#22 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,108 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Shoot first..Ask questions later..

#23 bullmikey

bullmikey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,929 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

I didn’t see any mention of “Stand Your Ground” in the article.  Is Michigan a stand your ground state? It was cited as such on one of the links I checked but two other sources didn’t include it in their listing as either a stand your ground or an obligated to retreat state. So maybe it's a between the cracks state. In any case, on the face of it (the scanty contents of the article) this doesn’t sound like a stand your ground situation but one of deliberate will; after all, the homeowner didn’t have to answer the door. But I can’t help but wonder if there’s more here than meets the eye. Otherwise, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I mean why answer the door in the first place? I suppose there are people like that, people who just want to shoot some stranger and get waway with it, but something tells me there’s  more to the story than we are being told.   

“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”
__ Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

#24 FidelZastro

FidelZastro

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

I didn’t see any mention of “Stand Your Ground” in the article.  Is Michigan a stand your ground state? It was cited as such on one of the links I checked but two other sources didn’t include it in their listing as either a stand your ground or an obligated to retreat state. So maybe it's a between the cracks state. In any case, on the face of it (the scanty contents of the article) this doesn’t sound like a stand your ground situation but one of deliberate will; after all, the homeowner didn’t have to answer the door. But I can’t help but wonder if there’s more here than meets the eye. Otherwise, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I mean why answer the door in the first place? I suppose there are people like that, people who just want to shoot some stranger and get waway with it, but something tells me there’s  more to the story than we are being told.   

The whole thing stinks a bit so I looked for other details and found some.

http://www.newser.co...-kills-her.html

Michigan has a self-defense law similar to Florida's Stand Your Ground law, Gawker notes.

#25 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,006 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

It's Detroit.  That's like banging on a door in Baghdad.  When a place is steeped in poverty, misery and violence, this is the type of stuff that happens.

Ne Nuntium Necare

#26 sigmalady

sigmalady

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

It's Detroit.  That's like banging on a door in Baghdad.  When a place is steeped in poverty, misery and violence, this is the type of stuff that happens.

The door is in Dearborn, not Detroit.

http://quickfacts.ce...26/2621000.html

#27 kandace

kandace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

So why did the police initially lie about how the woman died?

#28 FidelZastro

FidelZastro

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

The door is in Dearborn, not Detroit.

http://quickfacts.ce...26/2621000.html

They share common boundaries, is there much difference between Woodlawn or Essex to Baltimore? For whatever reasons there is little in print at this point.

#29 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,281 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

They share common boundaries, is there much difference between Woodlawn or Essex to Baltimore?

Was that a serious question?

Edited by bmore_ken, 07 November 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#30 FidelZastro

FidelZastro

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Was that a serious question?

More of a straight up fact, outside of those still working NOBODY in their right mind considers them retirement communities because they're both **** holes. I bet they caught 3 crabs in back river this year. :) http://www.areavibes...dlawn-md/crime/

#31 sushilover

sushilover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

????  The term "minority" is oftentimes used to designate AAs, so why cannot "majority" be used to designate Caucasians? 

What a blatantly racist thing to say.

Looks as if your homeboy Barry Hussein Obama has trained you well.

#32 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

So why did the police initially lie about how the woman died?

In what link is that fact reported?  Please post it, thanks.

#33 sigmalady

sigmalady

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

They share common boundaries, is there much difference between Woodlawn or Essex to Baltimore? For whatever reasons there is little in print at this point.

Depends on what part of Baltimore you are using as a reference point.

#34 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Renisha McBride was shot in the back of the head with a shotgun Saturday, the Detroit News reports.

:confused:

“This man’s claiming – believed the girl was breaking into the home. And he’s also saying the gun discharged accidentally,” Lt. James Serwatowski, chief detective, said today.

Serwatowski also said the 19-year-old McBride was not shot in the back of the head, as her family has stated. The family said she had gone to the house seeking help after being involved in a car accident several blocks away.

This girl was not shot in the back of the head while leaving the porch,” Serwatowski said “I don’t know where the family is getting this. She was shot in the front of the face, near the mouth.”

http://www.freep.com...le-seeking-help

No need to lie about where she was shot.  If they guy had no justifiable reason, or if the gun fired accidentally, he should go to jail.  But you don't need to lie and say she was shot in the back of the head, that just damages any remaining credibility.

#35 kandace

kandace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

:confused:

http://www.freep.com...le-seeking-help

No need to lie about where she was shot.  If they guy had no justifiable reason, or if the gun fired accidentally, he should go to jail.  But you don't need to lie and say she was shot in the back of the head, that just damages any remaining credibility.

So, why did the police initially claim they had no idea who shot the woman:

Renisha McBride, 19, went out Friday night and Monday morning her mother got a call that broke her heart. Police told her they found Renisha's body in Dearborn Heights. Now, they're trying to find her killer. Bernita Spinks wants closure and justice. McBride was her niece. Police found the teen's body near Warren and Outer Drive. They say she had a gunshot wound to the head from a shotgun. Family members say Renisha was soft spoken, hardworking and stayed to herself. Bernita thinks she was killed in Detroit and dumped in Dearborn Heights because of its close proximity to the city.

Read more

Edited by kandace, 07 November 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#36 kandace

kandace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

How odd.  This thread seems to have died an early death (like its subject).  Where are the snarky rejoinders to my last post?

#37 FidelZastro

FidelZastro

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

How odd.  This thread seems to have died an early death (like its subject).  Where are the snarky rejoinders to my last post?

Whats to say, she was drunk at Oh dark thirty, got in wreck, pounded on strangers door and was shot for her troubles.

The moral of the story is don't drink and drive, you'll live longer.

Meanwhile the beat goes on, the beat goes on...................... http://www.mlive.com...ershop_sho.html

Edited by FidelZastro, 09 November 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#38 kandace

kandace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

Whats to say, she was drunk at Oh dark thirty, got in wreck, pounded on strangers door and was shot for her troubles.

The moral of the story is don't drink and drive, you'll live longer.

So why did the police initially lie about where she was shot?

#39 FidelZastro

FidelZastro

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

The cops were all drinking Richards, Mad Dog & Thunderbird.... they slurred their words to reporters who were also drinking who in turn got it wrong.

#40 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

The police have repeatedly stated she was NOT shot in the back of the head, despite the family continuing to lie about it.  Why does that family keep lying?

My question - where was she, and what was she doing, in the 2 hours between her car accident and her death?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users