• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Here it is: The final weekend of the high school football season. Post your updates and scores here

#2 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Franklin 56 Catonsville 14

#3 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Here we are, the most important week of the high school football season:

Friday, November 8th

Archbishop Spalding 28, Calvert Hall 21

Hancock 25, Berkeley Springs (WV) 11

KIPP College Prep (DC) 26, Maryland School for the Deaf 14 (CAFC 3rd Place Game)

Perry Street Prep (DC) 6, Riverdale Baptist 14 (CAFC Championship)

Bullis 35, Georgetown Prep 7

Clear Spring 19, Williamsport 60

Southern Garrett 12, Northern Garrett 3

Mountain Ridge 0, Keyser (WV) 46

Capitol Christian 22, McDonough 8

North County 6, Annapolis 41

Meade 17, Arundel 24 (OT)

Broadneck 35, Glen Burnie 7

Southern (Anne Arundel) 15, Chesapeake (Anne Arundel) 27

South River 55, Northeast 7

Severna Park 14, Old Mill 47

Southwestern 0, Dunbar 42

Mervo 12, Edmondson 6

Maritime Academy 0, Patterson 51

Carver 0, Douglass 34

Lewis 32, Lake Clifton 30

Forest Park 0, Northwestern (Baltimore City) 30

Digital Harbor 30, DuBois 6

Bluford Drew Jemison 6, FAET 12

Franklin 56, Catonsville 14

Dundalk 18, Perry Hall 35

Sparrows Point 33, Overlea 24

Owings Mills 52, Pikesville 18

Hereford 50, Eastern Tech 6

Loch Raven 0, Patapsco 40

North East 7, Kent County 51

Parkside 37, Washington 14

Decatur 42, Snow Hill 7

Colonel Richardson 6, North Caroline 35

Cambridge-South Dorchester 14, Easton 21

Kent Island 37, Queen Anne's County 7

James M. Bennett 17, Wicomico 28

Glenelg 33, Atholton 0

Hammond 19, Centennial 53

Howard 21, Long Reach 6

Marriotts Ridge 41, Mount Hebron 13

Oakland Mills 18, Wilde Lake 15

Reservoir 13, River Hill 14

Smithsburg 14, Boonsboro 25

South Hagerstown 34, North Hagerstown 27

Catoctin 56, Brunswick 16

Winters Mill 21, Francis Scott Key 36

Manchester Valley 27, North Carroll 8

Century 35, Liberty 0

Westminster 43, South Carroll 40

Urbana 7, Linganore 20

Tuscarora 49, Walkersville 14

Oakdale 14, Middletown 51

North Harford 36, Perryville 49

C. Milton Wright 36, Havre de Grace 21

Aberdeen 25, Patterson Mill 14

Fallston 49, Bel Air 22

Rising Sun 6, Harford Tech 36

Bohemia Manor 41, Edgewood 47

Wheaton 14, Northwood 26

Poolesville 41, Rockville 18

Damascus 29, Churchill 0

Watkins Mill 24, Einstein 20

Seneca Valley 42, Blake 0

Whitman 17, Blair 13

Northwest 35, Springbrook 18

Sherwood 20, Kennedy 6

Bethesda-Chevy Chase 22, Walter Johnson 9

Quince Orchard 40, Wootton 0

Clarksburg 33, Richard Montgomery 7

La Plata 28, Huntingtown 35

Thomas Stone 12, Lackey 14

Northern 27, Patuxent 34

Calvert 37, Chopticon 14

Leonardtown 43, Great Mills 6

North Point 26, Westlake 38

Need Score:

Joppatowne at Elkton

National Academy at Benjamin Franklin/Masonville Cove

Silver Oak at MATHS

Still in Progress:

Eastern Christian 24, Friendship Collegiate (DC) 21 (Start of 4th Quarter)

#4 harcohorns

harcohorns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Friendship Academy 27, Eastern Christian Academy 24 -- Final

#5 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Friday, November 8th

Eastern Christian 24, Friendship Collegiate (DC) 27

Joppatowne 35, Elkton 27

Need Score:

National Academy at Benjamin Franklin/Masonville Cove

Silver Oak at MATHS

#6 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,720 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

28-8 Cove

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#7 Oil Can

Oil Can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Easily the most competitive and the most unpredictable HoCo football season in the last 10 years. Nobody should relish playing a possible #4 seed like Reservoir unless you enjoy migrane headaches. That's power football like you rarely see it. It almost hurt to watch it. A pretty good River Hill team managed to squeak by Reservoir who pounded Howard who pounded River Hill? The same Reservoir team who got run over by Centennial who ran over Hammond who beat RH who ran over Centennial who just barely missed the playoffs? Glenelg sits alone at the top but even they only managed to squeak by Wilde Lake and lost to River Hill who pounded Wilde Lake? Throw Baltimore City into the mix and light the fuse. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!         

Edited by Oil Can, 09 November 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#8 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Easily the most competitive and the most unpredictable HoCo football season in the last 10 years. Nobody should relish playing a possible #4 seed like Reservoir unless you enjoy migrane headaches. That's power football like you rarely see it. It almost hurt to watch it. A pretty good River Hill team managed to squeak by Reservoir who pounded Howard who pounded River Hill? The same Reservoir team who got run over by Centennial who ran over Hammond who beat RH who ran over Centennial who will just barely missed the playoffs? Glenelg sits alone at the top but even they only managed to squeak by Wilde Lake and lost to River Hill who pounded Wilde Lake? Throw Baltimore City into the mix and light the fuse. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!         

MEANWHILE...City plays Poly who beat Emondson who pounded City and Dunbar who pounded Mervo who beat Edmondson who was pounded by Patterson who pounded Poly who was pounded By Dunbar who pounded Digital Harbor who pounded Poly who plays City today...LMAO ....NOW TOP THAT....AO reaches for lighter 

#9 GR8football

GR8football

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

Speaking of scores, I think CHC gave Spalding a hell of a game. I do and will blame the coaching on this loss.  CHC did everything it could to keep this score 21 - 21 late in the 4th. They did not use Eric Evans #88 ONE play in this game and mismanaged the clock at the end of the 4th taking 15 secs off the clock when CHC had the ball on the 30 or 40 trying to work it down. Something needs to be done over there or CHC's problems are going to continue long after this season.  You could not have asked those kids to do more than what they did last night. They know #11 is A RUNNING QB and the coaches wanted kids lined up in a way that made it impossible to get him. There were 20 other kids 185+ lbs on the sideline that could have helped but no, they want the kids on  DL who they want not what's best for the team.; Shame on you coaches for this loss.

#10 neveradoubt

neveradoubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

I was at the game and you are wrong. CHC does not have the DL or DE personel to out fight or out muscle AS offensive line. Good DL play is a lot more than putting big guys up front. The coaches did that but almost always they were pushed back so their QB and running backs were always at the 2nd level. If it wasn't for #25 Spaldings score would have been higher.
As for Eric Evans you have to be able to get the ball to him and their QB wasn't even close. He did makes some good throws to #8.
If the coaches don't have the horses to play DL then so be it. They don't. Gone are the days of Yarborough, Janik and Holder. Stefan was at the game with me and just shook his head for the lack of Quality DL play. Just to be fair I talked with Mr. Zinn and several of their D Line guys are injured. Hopefully most will be back for the Turkey Bowl otherwise Loyola will do the same thing as AS and just run it down their throat.
So my friend don't blame the coaches they are doing the best they can with the personel they have.
Personally I would have run #4 more until he physically dropped or Spalding stopped him. They chose not to do that and oh well.
See you at the Turkey Bowl.

#11 GR8football

GR8football

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

I was at the game and you are wrong. CHC does not have the DL or DE personel to out fight or out muscle AS offensive line. Good DL play is a lot more than putting big guys up front. The coaches did that but almost always they were pushed back so their QB and running backs were always at the 2nd level. If it wasn't for #25 Spaldings score would have been higher.
As for Eric Evans you have to be able to get the ball to him and their QB wasn't even close. He did makes some good throws to #8.
If the coaches don't have the horses to play DL then so be it. They don't. Gone are the days of Yarborough, Janik and Holder. Stefan was at the game with me and just shook his head for the lack of Quality DL play. Just to be fair I talked with Mr. Zinn and several of their D Line guys are injured. Hopefully most will be back for the Turkey Bowl otherwise Loyola will do the same thing as AS and just run it down their throat.
So my friend don't blame the coaches they are doing the best they can with the personel they have.
Personally I would have run #4 more until he physically dropped or Spalding stopped him. They chose not to do that and oh well.
See you at the Turkey Bowl.

I agree with the DL 110% not gonna argue there. But the coaches are not doing the best they can with what they got. As good as Spalding is this score should have been alot higher and it was not. CHC played well, that 4th qtr was blown in the last few minutes with them not taking a time out. Instead of working with what you have as far as the DL stop running around finding huge kids from rec ball who end up DOING NOTHING for the team.  work with what you have and improve them. they are willing to do the work if they rec'd proper instructions and training. This is football 101, your lines.  Oh well, it is what it is. One more game, then TurkeyBowl. Yea!!!! Hopefully the coaches will watch tape, make some adjustments and have a game plan ready. This will be Kenjie's 1st Turkeybowl so hopefully the qb coach and him work together with some guys and move the ball around to others.  Stop that tunnel vision crap like they taught Colar to do. 

#12 Maryland Mountaineer

Maryland Mountaineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

FH 46 Alco 20

#13 neveradoubt

neveradoubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Kenijie's 1st Turkey Bowl. Great experience for him and you all. They should give him some easy throws not the deep outs they tried with Evans last nite.
I agree about training especially weight training. They have virtually none. I can't understand why they don't make this a regular course at CHC and put all their athletes in it. Similar to what Hereford does and most other public schools in the area. Not very well thought out.
Another thing is The Next Level Nation involvement of some of the coaches and a few major supporters. My opinion is that this is bad for the team as it creates elitism within the team and that's not good.
Best of luck in the Turkey Bowl. Stefan, Doug Shaw Sam Evans and Emanuel Holder will all be on the sidelines . Just a Towson Tiger good natured competition prior to the FBS playoffs.

#14 GR8football

GR8football

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Kenijie's 1st Turkey Bowl. Great experience for him and you all. They should give him some easy throws not the deep outs they tried with Evans last nite.
I agree about training especially weight training. They have virtually none. I can't understand why they don't make this a regular course at CHC and put all their athletes in it. Similar to what Hereford does and most other public schools in the area. Not very well thought out.
Another thing is The Next Level Nation involvement of some of the coaches and a few major supporters. My opinion is that this is bad for the team as it creates elitism within the team and that's not good.
Best of luck in the Turkey Bowl. Stefan, Doug Shaw Sam Evans and Emanuel Holder will all be on the sidelines . Just a Towson Tiger good natured competition prior to the FBS playoffs.

I agree 100% about the NLN thing. I hope and think we can beat Loyola. Will be sad for the seniors though.  Last HS game.  So glad to hear our past team mates will be there to cheer the boys on.  What's even better is McDonogh wins. Glad to see someone else won for a change. Congrats to them. 

#15 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

Friday, November 8th

National Academy 8, Benjamin Franklin/Masonville Cove 28

Silver Oak 6, MATHS 20

Saturday, November 9th

Gilman 6, McDonogh 37

Loyola 14, Mount Saint Joseph 27

Archbishop Curley 13, Saint Paul's 19  (MIAA B Conference Championship)

Long Island Lutheran (NY) 41, Baltimore Lutheran 21

Saint Vincent Pallotti 0, Saint John's Catholic Prep 14 (MIAA C Conference Championship)

Allegany 20, Fort Hill 46

City 36, Poly 18

Kenwood 7, Parkville 18

Woodlawn 14, Milford Mill 44

Western Tech 8, New Town 12

Lansdowne 0, Chesapeake (Baltimore) 16

Magruder 0, Randallstown 32

Dulaney 21, Towson 62

Central Virginia/Richmond (Home School) (VA) (7-0) 22, Maryland Christian (Home School) (4-4) 0 (MACC Championship)

Thomas Johnson 16, Frederick 14

Landon 19, Saint Alban's (DC) 13 (OT)

Paint Branch 35, Gaithersburg 34

Douglass (Prince George's) 38, Surrattsville 6

Friendly 0, Gwynn Park 40

Fairmont Heights 14, Crossland 12

Largo 20, Central 14

Forestville Military 26, Potomac 20

Bowie 43, Bladensburg 24

Laurel 18, DuVal 31

Parkdale 0, Oxon Hill 38

Eleanor Roosevelt 28, Northwestern (Prince George's) 3

Flowers 0, Wise 25

High Point 0, Suitland 47

#16 neveradoubt

neveradoubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

I agree 100% about the NLN thing. I hope and think we can beat Loyola. Will be sad for the seniors though. Last HS game. So glad to hear our past team mates will be there to cheer the boys on. What's even better is McDonogh wins. Glad to see someone else won for a change. Congrats to them.

2 Loyola guys in Doug and Sam and 2 CHC Stefan and Emanual. All 4 now Towson Tigers.

#17 harcohorns

harcohorns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Eagles you have a PM

#18 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts