• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 canis

canis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

My Windows 7 desktop installed IE 11 automatically last night.

I turned on the pc and there's a blue screen with a line  across the middle showing all these Registry changes going on. 

It was not the typical install that I'm accustomed to seeing.  My first thought was... what's going on?  do I have some kind of virus taking over?

After a short while I could see from subsequent messages that it was an install of IE 11.

So what does IE 11 on a pc do for you?

Internet Explorer 11 arrived for Windows 7 last week but some key features are missing, particularly in the field of HTML5-enabled film, TV and audio.

Microsoft has compiled a list of features you'll find in IE11 on Windows 8.1 but which have been pulled from the version of its latest browser that targets Windows 7.

http://www.theregist...s_not_for_win7/

#2 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm finding sites that don't work with IE 11. My wife couldn't printer her coupons from Smartsource. A roll back to IE10 fixed it. It also doesn't seem to work as a full client for Outlook Web Access on an Exchange 2007 environment. It's running in Lite mode.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#3 Bartman

Bartman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

So far I haven't seen much difference. Not all that crazy about Bing but it seems to be as good of a search as Google. The Bing bar displays my MSN mail on one button but I never touch it there preferring to log in to my old MSN account for mail instead of using Outlook. The old MSN mail is just more compact while Outlook gives you these Huge spaces for each E-mail. I run Firefox & Chrome as well on my PC and both laptops and bounce back and forth between them. Firefox has a video plug in to download & convert You Tube flv files while I use Chrome to be logged in to my G+ account & Gmail.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#4 lane17

lane17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

After upgrading to Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer constantly crashed. I uninstalled it and now use Google Chrome. Loads faster and doesn't crash.

#5 kirantahir

kirantahir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

When you don't proper shutdown your computer these type of cases appear after that. I hope if you restart your computer will be accurate some time these type of cases happens so no problem it will be done. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users