Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

City vs River Hill (why so many feel RH will blow city out)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm getting lots of hate mail and even freinds with the opinion that City will get walked on by River Hill. Lots of people are predicting RH will hand City a running clock. I even had a coach (Not from RH) Tell me the Hawks are gonna drag City like  a caveman dragging home fresh meat. I never heard that one before but ok. when it comes down to this matchup, I'm not sure who wins and why but I'm curious as to why so many feel RH will beat City so badly. 

Edited by agentorange, 14 November 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#2 mop

mop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm getting lots of hate mail and even freinds with the opinion that City will get walked on by River Hill. Lots of people are predicting RH will hand City a running clock. I even had a coach (Not from RH) Tell me the Hawks are gonna drag City like  a caveman dragging home fresh meat. I never heard that one before but ok. when it comes down to this matchup, I'm not sure who wins and why but I'm curious as to why so many feel RH will beat City so badly. 

Rightly or wrongly, people feel this way because they believe RH's team is more disciplined and their coaching staff is better. I don't have a view on this but I do know that fans of the MIAA also feel this way relative to most of the city school programs.

#3 Old Scorp

Old Scorp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Those that predict a running clock base it on RH's dominance in the state playoffs over the past several seasons. However, a closer look at RH's performance over the last four games shows that this is not the juggernaut of years past. Plainly, they are less talented and more injured than at any point in at least five years. But as mop stated, they are disciplined and well-coached. Both their offense and defense are unique and difficult to stop the first time an opponent sees it during a season. RH still plays great defense and are one of the most fundamentally sound in the area, as always. I don't see a running clock but I do see a comfortable RH win by about three TDs.

#4 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Unitl City makes some noise in the playoffs they will always be the underdog especially against a proven, known quanity as RH.

#5 ECF

ECF

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

City should have made this a Friday night game..... just a added advantage playing on The Hill !! 

#6 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:13 AM

It won't be a blowout but City is suffering from a loss of players bigtime. I don't want to make excuses but I wish we could see these teams play at even strength. City will go to battle with what they have and we'll see what happens.

#7 Oil Can

Oil Can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hows City's band? Are they healthy? Are they going to put on a show like Gwynn Park did a few years ago? If so, thats a big check mark on City's side. RH's band is good for National Anthems and stuff but their lines are too straight if you know what I mean. 

Edited by Oil Can, 15 November 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#8 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hows City's band? Are they healthy? Are they going to put on a show like Gwynn Park did a few years ago? If so, thats a big check mark on City's side. RH's band is good for National Anthems and stuff but their lines are too straight if you know what I mean.

That was real funny OC. The band is fine after stomping on Poly's band last week but I doubt that they'll be there. Infact I doubt that many students make the trip up on The Hill on a Sat. afternoon. The crowd will mainly be family and us diehards.

#9 Oil Can

Oil Can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

That was real funny OC. The band is fine after stomping on Poly's band last week but I doubt that they'll be there. Infact I doubt that many students make the trip up on The Hill on a Sat. afternoon. The crowd will mainly be family and us diehards.

Saw a picture of the school. You right there by old Memorial Stadium hence the Orioles logo. Used to park there back in the day. 

#10 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Saw a picture of the school. You right there by old Memorial Stadium hence the Orioles logo. Used to park there back in the day.

What the heck happened to HoCo tonight? Wow. Definitely a shocker.

#11 Oil Can

Oil Can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

What the heck happened to HoCo tonight? Wow. Definitely a shocker.

I'm a little surprised by the Howard score but not by the Hammond or Glenelg score. Reservoir gave RH all they could handle last week and they pounded Glenelg. The winner tomorrow gets rewarded w Reservoir. If City wins, stock up on asprin. Reservoir pounds it.

#12 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

I saw this coming a mile away. Embarrassing loss for City at their place.

#13 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

49-0 (final)  RH over City

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users