• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 92 Card

92 Card

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Should take a long walk off of a short pier. 85% of their students are football players who reside OUT OF the state of Maryland. I thought I had seen it all in my 20+ years as a player, coach and family member of a HS football player until tonight's CHC/ECA game. The behavior displayed tonight by Thomas, his staff, players and parents of ECA was deplorable, to say the least. Never have I witnessed a classless, arrogant, crass, bunch of parents, players and coaches  known as ECA who's parents, players  (and coaches) taunted opposing CHC players by name and number from the start of the game. Throw in an officiating crew whom was deadly afraid of Mr. Sills' (who stood on the ECA sideline with a posse and bodyguard for the entirety of the game) and we have an example of EVERYTHING that is wrong with HS football. I wish I could claim the parents and coaches at ECA were the only issues. However, this was far from the case. The ECA players were an EXACT reflection of their coaches and especially parents.

The ECA players on the field reflected the rude, crass, arrogant attitudes of their parents in the stands. Most of the parents of ECA's starting lineup were taunting CHC's players specifically by name and number.  Once again, I have never witnessed such poor sportsmanship in 20+ yrs as a player, coach and family member of a player. Myself, and 1/2 dozen  other family members of CHC players witnessed ECA parents targeting and taunting CHC players by number and name on EVERY play in the first quarter. #9, Vashaun Tucker is but the tip of the iceberg, as he should have been removed from the game after his cheap shot on Juantez McRae, who suffered a season ending injury due to Tucker's cheap shot (in which the ECA contingent cheered loudly). Thank goodness for ECA, they would rathe rplay a national schedule until Sills graduates, because they  will NEVER be admitted to the MIAA under any circumstances. I will be disappointed if ANY MIAA school entertains a game with this 11 month/yr football factory, and joke of a school where 85% of the students are on the football team .

The ECA coaches, parents and players make Mike Working look like a saint. Those familiar with local HS football know, this is an impossible task. LOL  Bottom line = STAY CLASSY ECA. Hope you have built up enough positive karma with withstand the onslaught. Mr B (SFSA, HdG, ECA). You should be ashamed of your fellow ECA parents.

Edited by 92 Card, 16 November 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#2 92 Card

92 Card

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

My commentary is but the tip of the ECA iceberg.

#3 aacountyfootball

aacountyfootball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

I was there and could not help but feel bad for Sills and the kids at the school in 2016 and 2017. Sills is a very good dual threat qb who would have been just as good without his father taking the extreme measure of buying his kid a freaking high school and buying his kid a bunch of hired guns to make his kid look good. He is not the next Elway as advertised, but he is definitely a D1 talent. He is good enough to stand on his own talent, but what his father has done puts a cloud over his son's accomplishments. He cant buy him a college and we have to hope that young Sills will be prepared to deal with adversity in college and beyond when his father cant buy a solution.

My biggest concern is for the kids in 2016 and 2017 who will undoubtedly be left holding the bag after young Sills graduates. Let's be real. ECA on their transcript is going to hurt, not help, their chances to get in college and those kids will be in a very vulnerable situation when the school falls apart after next year. I hope Sills sr. pledges to fund the college education for all of those kids or he will have to answer for it in the end.

Edited by aacountyfootball, 16 November 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#4 Hallman

Hallman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Sitting on the CHC side, I did not hear the taunts by the parents.  However, everyone saw the dirty play and cheap shots by the ECA players.  Sad in deed.

#5 lord_baltimore

lord_baltimore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

I lost any respect I had for them when I caught their coaching staff cheating in the 2011 game.

Donald seems to be close to that program though so they have kept scheduling them. That might explain the ribbing as well.

Edited by lord_baltimore, 16 November 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#6 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Sitting on the CHC side, I did not hear the taunts by the parents.  However, everyone saw the dirty play and cheap shots by the ECA players.  Sad in deed.

I honestly doubt the refs were scared of Mr Sills, (who is a coach btw, and is threw son he is on the sideline) even then ECA had way more calls on them than CHC did.

I was not at this game yesterday, but I can assure you that if what you are saying about our parents is true, I'm very surprised. Maybe what you were hearing was friendly trash talk between to "Small Rivals". ECA and CHC are way closer, and friendly than ppl think, they were there when red lion needed them, and vice versa.

I can assure you that our parents have the up most class, and respect for every team we play, and the parents that follow. It's actually funny because there are numerous emails hanging on the bulletin board at the school (yes there is is a school lol) from parents and coaches from opposing teams we've played this season thanking us as parents, for being very respectful, and curdious toward the home fans, and bringing up such respectful kids, and young men

#7 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,209 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

I honestly doubt the refs were scared of Mr Sills, (who is a coach btw, and is threw son he is on the sideline) even then ECA had way more calls on them than CHC did.
I was not at this game yesterday, but I can assure you that if what you are saying about our parents is true, I'm very surprised. Maybe what you were hearing was friendly trash talk between to "Small Rivals". ECA and CHC are way closer, and friendly than ppl think, they were there when red lion needed them, and vice versa.
I can assure you that our parents have the up most class, and respect for every team we play, and the parents that follow. It's actually funny because there are numerous emails hanging on the bulletin board at the school (yes there is is a school lol) from parents and coaches from opposing teams we've played this season thanking us as parents, for being very respectful, and curdious toward the home fans, and bringing up such respectful kids, and young men

Obviously the programs aren't as close as you think. 92card without a question is very very close to the CHC program. If he's saying this, I promise you that the rest of CHC is saying this.

#8 love of the game

love of the game

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

Should take a long walk off of a short pier. 85% of their students are football players who reside OUT OF the state of Maryland. I thought I had seen it all in my 20+ years as a player, coach and family member of a HS football player until tonight's CHC/ECA game. The behavior displayed tonight by Thomas, his staff, players and parents of ECA was deplorable, to say the least. Never have I witnessed a classless, arrogant, crass, bunch of parents, players and coaches  known as ECA who's parents, players  (and coaches) taunted opposing CHC players by name and number from the start of the game. Throw in an officiating crew whom was deadly afraid of Mr. Sills' (who stood on the ECA sideline with a posse and bodyguard for the entirety of the game) and we have an example of EVERYTHING that is wrong with HS football. I wish I could claim the parents and coaches at ECA were the only issues. However, this was far from the case. The ECA players were an EXACT reflection of their coaches and especially parents.

The ECA players on the field reflected the rude, crass, arrogant attitudes of their parents in the stands. Most of the parents of ECA's starting lineup were taunting CHC's players specifically by name and number.  Once again, I have never witnessed such poor sportsmanship in 20+ yrs as a player, coach and family member of a player. Myself, and 1/2 dozen  other family members of CHC players witnessed ECA parents targeting and taunting CHC players by number and name on EVERY play in the first quarter. #9, Vashaun Tucker is but the tip of the iceberg, as he should have been removed from the game after his cheap shot on Juantez McRae, who suffered a season ending injury due to Tucker's cheap shot (in which the ECA contingent cheered loudly). Thank goodness for ECA, they would rathe rplay a national schedule until Sills graduates, because they  will NEVER be admitted to the MIAA under any circumstances. I will be disappointed if ANY MIAA school entertains a game with this 11 month/yr football factory, and joke of a school where 85% of the students are on the football team .

The ECA coaches, parents and players make Mike Working look like a saint. Those familiar with local HS football know, this is an impossible task. LOL  Bottom line = STAY CLASSY ECA. Hope you have built up enough positive karma with withstand the onslaught. Mr B (SFSA, HdG, ECA). You should be ashamed of your fellow ECA parents.

Woah now. Did you just take a shot at me? Of course you did. Thanks for reminding me the schools, but you missed a few. It's all good my man. It's obvious you're bitter and a sore loser.

For the record I sat on the Eca side and heard no players taunted by name. But then again I wasn't paying attention to that because I came to watch football. When I come to the games I usually sit alone or with family and only yell words of encouragement. I'm not gonna sit up here and play lawyer for Eca parents and fans. Fact is I don't even know them folks. I actually find a few a bit annoying myself with the banter. But I've never witnessed anything I'd consider over the line. I've been around enough to know that allegations made on this board from anonymous and unreliable reporters is far from the gospel.

Now, you know who I am. I have strong suspicion who you are and I hope that I'm wrong. To witness what you claim you had to have been in or near the press box or on the sideline. I'm hoping it was not the latter. But it's cool, I won't feed too much into this. Too bad we couldn't have chatted yesterday.

#9 92 Card

92 Card

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

Woah now. Did you just take a shot at me? Of course you did. Thanks for reminding me the schools, but you missed a few. It's all good my man. It's obvious you're bitter and a sore loser.

For the record I sat on the Eca side and heard no players taunted by name. But then again I wasn't paying attention to that because I came to watch football. When I come to the games I usually sit alone or with family and only yell words of encouragement. I'm not gonna sit up here and play lawyer for Eca parents and fans. Fact is I don't even know them folks. I actually find a few a bit annoying myself with the banter. But I've never witnessed anything I'd consider over the line. I've been around enough to know that allegations made on this board from anonymous and unreliable reporters is far from the gospel.

Now, you know who I am. I have strong suspicion who you are and I hope that I'm wrong. To witness what you claim you had to have been in or near the press box or on the sideline. I'm hoping it was not the latter. But it's cool, I won't feed too much into this. Too bad we couldn't have chatted yesterday.

The little rib shots taken at CHC by you earlier in the season were not bothersome, to say the least. LOL. I did not take a shot at you nor did I insinuate you were taunting anyone. However, other ECA parents are a completely different story. ECA Parents were directly taunting and talking trash to CHC players by the number and mocking the CHC staff. Like I said, by far the rudest, most crass, group of parents I have witnessed and many of the players actions on the field were a direct reflection of their parents off of the field. I can reassure you this was not "friendly trash talk" between small rivals, as HSFBLover stated. ECA players were taunting the CHC players for the entirety of the game at the behest of their coaching staff. They were  staring down coaches on the CHC sideline after plays on a regular basis. As Hallman stated, there were more cheap shots and taunting (before and after the whistle) executed by ECA than any of CHC's MIAA oponents in recent years.

The talk and taunting among parents was one way. Some ECA parents were egging on extra curricular activities well after the whistle from the start of the game. Could this have exclusively come from the vocal minority of a dozen or so ECA "FOOTBALL" parents lined up along the railing? Absolutely, However, I find the commentary of multiple ECA parents who post on this board to coincide with the real time events of the game itself.  I was far from the only CHC person who saw and heard this, including a few current coaches, former coaches, current administrators and long time maintenance man who were on the CHC sideline, near it or working near the vending area. Letters from other schools do not change last night's actions of some ECA parents , players and coaches.

As for being a sore, bitter, loser, yes, it's been a rough season for CHC in the W-L column and the 2013 CHC varsity team has had their issues (Freshman and JV teams won championships), including being hit with an injury bug like no other season. However, it's football and losing happens to everyone at some point. Sore loser, I am not. Last night's game was far from my first opportunity to be a sore loser this season.  I actually defended ECA on this board more than once in the past and had no personal issues with RLCA or ECA (outside of ipad gate) until last night. The Red Lion side was full on 2011, and well behaved in 2011. I spent part of this season's CHC/Gilman game on the Gilman sidelines chatting with a few people and I heard nothing remotely close to what I heard last nigh.  Same goes for the Good Counsel and McDonogh, ect parents/fans Like I stated, I have never heard parents calling out opposing players by number to tell them how badly their kids were going to dig a hole in their back side. The ECA parents behavior had nothing to do with the final score, although I did hear one of the loud mouths harassing the officials and stating the score should already be 30-0, six minutes into the game, despite the fact that ECA was only on their 2nd offensive possession. LOL.

Edited by 92 Card, 17 November 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#10 92 Card

92 Card

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

I lost any respect I had for them when I caught their coaching staff cheating in the 2011 game.

Donald seems to be close to that program though so they have kept scheduling them. That might explain the ribbing as well.

"Ribbing" is well BEYOND  a very generous term considering the first hand account I, over a dozen other CHC people and many neutral observers heard first hand. did you attend the game?

Edited by 92 Card, 17 November 2013 - 12:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users