• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Wow. Did  not see this coming at all. Fielder to Rangers for 2B Ian Kinsler.

ESPN Story

Fielder's contract he signed with the Tigers before 2012, per the story, was 9/214m, so he is still owed around 7/168m. I'm not sure I would want that contract now for Prince. Detroit probably moves Miggy to first now and maybe has the money to keep Scherzer. I really like this deal for Detroit.

Meanwhile, Angels are wondering how they can drop Pujols and his contract off in the woods and never hear from him again.  :)

Edited by Gizmo, 20 November 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#2 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Wow, never saw that coming. Oddly today on ESPN I heard someone talk about bad contracts and mentioned Prince.

The only way the Angels will get out of Albert's contract is if they can make a PED connection.

#3 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Final deal looks like Fielder plus 30M to Rangers in exchange for Kinsler. 

Rangers get Fielder for 7/138M.

Tigers get Kinsler and his contract for 4/62M plus the 30M going to Rangers for a 4/92M commitment, saving 76M. Rangers take on an additional 76M in payroll. 

I still like the Tigers in this deal. Saved a bunch of money and got out of that contract for someone who I think is only going to decline going forward.

#4 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,694 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

Smart move for Detroit.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#5 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

And we sign some guy named Edgemere. :P

(Spelling error intentional.)

#6 escheinersold

escheinersold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

ESPN Story

Fielder's contract he signed with the Tigers before 2012, per the story, was 9/214m, so he is still owed around 7/168m. I'm not sure I would want that contract now for Prince. Detroit probably moves Miggy to first now and maybe has the money to keep Scherzer. I really like this deal for Detroit.

Meanwhile, Angels are wondering how they can drop Pujols and his contract off in the woods and never hear from him again.  :)

ESPN Story

Any Good Deal has Pain on both sides/ Ian Kinsler is a catalyst. If you have watch our games with the Rangers he is always in the middle of the runs being scored. His is clutch and the type player we need. SO "IF" the O's are to make moves forward it will be necessary to incur some pain while filling the material hole on the team- Pitching. 

Ed So Pa Fan
:P

#7 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

I heard they were shopping Prince. but I didn't think they would find a trade partner. 

I was really frustrated that the O's didn't sign him when he was a FA. despite his girth, he was an agile defensive player. but as soon as he got that contract, he started doubling his meals. he's young, and it's not too late to refocus and get in shape. but genetics are a bi.tch, and his father quickly became a broken down old man. he better get the message from this trade.

last season, I sat a few rows off the field on the 1b side. Nate hit a routine groundball to Prince. it took so much effort for fielder to get that blubber moving in the right direction, Nate nearly beat him out. and Prince was only about 6 steps away from the bag when Nate left the batter's box.

TX & Ron Washington ain't Leyland. Wash won't let him be lazy or half *** it.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#8 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

I heard they were shopping Prince. but I didn't think they would find a trade partner. 

I was really frustrated that the O's didn't sign him when he was a FA. despite his girth, he was an agile defensive player. but as soon as he got that contract, he started doubling his meals. he's young, and it's not too late to refocus and get in shape. but genetics are a bi.tch, and his father quickly became a broken down old man. he better get the message from this trade.

last season, I sat a few rows off the field on the 1b side. Nate hit a routine groundball to Prince. it took so much effort for fielder to get that blubber moving in the right direction, Nate nearly beat him out. and Prince was only about 6 steps away from the bag when Nate left the batter's box.

TX & Ron Washington ain't Leyland. Wash won't let him be lazy or half *** it.  

lol what message is he going to get from this trade?  Did you miss the part where he has a guarenteed $200+ million dollar contract.  You think he's gotta play extra hard to get an extension to make more money in 7 years???? 

#9 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

lol what message is he going to get from this trade?  Did you miss the part where he has a guarenteed $200+ million dollar contract.  You think he's gotta play extra hard to get an extension to make more money in 7 years???? 

He might take some pride in his work. 

If it was me, I can't guarantee I would play hard with 200 mil in the bank.  But then again, I used to say that my ideal career was to be Peyton Manning's backup (during his streak).  :D

#10 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

He might take some pride in his work. 

If it was me, I can't guarantee I would play hard with 200 mil in the bank.  But then again, I used to say that my ideal career was to be Peyton Manning's backup (during his streak).  :D

IF he took pride in his work he wouldn't have allowed himself to gain so much weight to begin with. Someone who took pridein getting paid $200,000,000.00 to play a game in which you had 4 months off would spend that time in the gym improving their body not degrading it. 

#11 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

I was looking at it from a self assessment perspective. if he only wants money, then you're right, he's set for life. he can gain another 200 lbs and waddle up to the plate for 3-4 ABs a night. but if he wants to leave a mark on the game, and leave a legacy of success, he needs to get into shape.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users