• PipPipPip
  • 18,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

Alex Rodriguez: 'We crushed it'

http://espn.go.com/n...it-2014-verdict

This is the MLB forum.

Orioles

Got something on your mind about the O's or Major League Baseball? This is the place.

#3 Ravensrulz

Ravensrulz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCamelot

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

This is the MLB forum.

Orioles

Got something on your mind about the O's or Major League Baseball? This is the place.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure, cause on the forum description, it did not mention about all of MLB, just the O's...

#4 Ravensrulz

Ravensrulz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCamelot

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Nevermind, part of it was hidden, my bad. 

#5 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

We know....ARoid sucks, and he will still live a better life than any of us.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#6 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

We know....ARoid sucks, and he will still live a better life than any of us.

Not me. He may have more money but no way he will have a better life than me. I have real friends and real family and my integrity fully intact. He has none of that. He's a fraud, a liar, and a cheat. I hope you're none of those things.

Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#7 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Not me. He may have more money but no way he will have a better life than me. I have real friends and real family and my integrity fully intact. He has none of that. He's a fraud, a liar, and a cheat. I hope you're none of those things.

Wow, that got personal.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

personally, I love the Pay-Roid fiasco. he's a carnival of ridiculousness. I especially love the reports that his "supporters" outside of the courthouse are being paid by him to show up, and that some (most) of them are homeless people. supposedly, his people cleaned them up, bought them some new outfits and drove them to the courthouse. this is theater of the absurd.

he's going Federal with this thing. like it or not, he'll be playing with the yankees next year. after all, when have the courts ever turned down an opportunity for an open and shut case to be converted into unlimited hours of CNN reality TV. it's wonderful.

Edited by weird-O, 25 November 2013 - 10:37 AM.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#9 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

Wow, that got personal.

How? I merely disagreed with your claim he'd have a better life than any of us.

Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#10 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,291 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

FFH was probably just talking about his wealth. I totally agree with you. aside from the joy of playing baseball for a living, there isn't anything about that guy that makes me think his life is better than mine.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#11 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

personally, I love the Pay-Roid fiasco. he's a carnival of ridiculousness. I especially love the reports that his "supporters" outside of the courthouse are being paid by him to show up, and that some (most) of them are homeless people. supposedly, his people cleaned them up, bought them some new outfits and drove them to the courthouse. this is theater of the absurd.

he's going Federal with this thing. like it or not, he'll be playing with the yankees next year. after all, when have the courts ever turned down an opportunity for an open and shut case to be converted into unlimited hours of CNN reality TV. it's wonderful.

I haven't been paying attention that much to the ARod story, but I did read the story that was linked and had serious doubts about this part:

"Today was nuts,'' Rodriguez said. "The support has been overwhelming in the streets today. People were jumping out of their f---ing cars. I been coming to N.Y. for 20 years and, including 2009, I have never had a more positive reaction in the streets. I couldn't believe this s---."

"People were jumping out of their cars". Lol...hilarious. 

I have no problem believing that ARod is capable of doing something like paying his supposed supporters outside the courthouse. It is so consistent with that guys personality. As you said, this is great stuff.  :)

#12 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,291 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

I haven't been paying attention that much to the ARod story, but I did read the story that was linked and had serious doubts about this part:

"People were jumping out of their cars". Lol...hilarious. 

I have no problem believing that ARod is capable of doing something like paying his supposed supporters outside the courthouse. It is so consistent with that guys personality. As you said, this is great stuff.  :)

I love it, he seems to think that MLB will leave him alone if he creates the illusion that fans totally support him.  :D

#13 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

No, you said "I hope you're not like that"

The reality in today's world is that money actually does bring you happiness. Financial issues are one of the leading causes of domestic dispute and divorce.

While ARoid cares about his image, he doesn't really care about people. So I'm willing to bet that he can live his life away from the sport in another country and get everything he wants.

#14 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

No, you said "I hope you're not like that"

The reality in today's world is that money actually does bring you happiness. Financial issues are one of the leading causes of domestic dispute and divorce.

While ARoid cares about his image, he doesn't really care about people. So I'm willing to bet that he can live his life away from the sport in another country and get everything he wants.

And I do hope you're not like that. Your second sentence there makes me think you may be. Rich people are unhappy too, you know. Wow.

#15 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

And I do hope you're not like that. Your second sentence there makes me think you may be. Rich people are unhappy too, you know. Wow.

Happiness and unhappiness are not bound by money - but they are affected.

I'm into access and freedom, not status. I like to have money so that I don't have to worry about it for my family, and so that I can do the things I want to do without a lot of fuss.
I'm fully familiar with all levels of the economic strata, and realize that happiness is based on the individual, and not necessarily on his or her economic status. Still, I would challenge you to make your family go without enough food, or live out of your car for 6 months...see how happy you are then.

As far as making judgements into the personality of someone based on a few lines - that's pretty shallow and not really what this forum is for.

This is the reality. Unless ARod is stupid with his money, he will never have to worry about things like how to pay his bills, or where he is going to sleep, or where he's going to get his food from. 99 percent of the population has to worry about that.

#16 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,329 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

The MLB obstructed Florida's investigation of Biogenesis, paid off witnesses, and paid for evidence all for the sake of digging up dirt on one guy. A-Rod may be a wealthy jerk but what the MLB did is disgraceful.

It's tough to predict how this all ends but I won't be surprised if he never serves a day of his suspension. 

"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#17 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,801 posts
  • LocationIn the land of optimism

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

It only brings you happiness until it no longer does. It's no guarantee to happiness.

To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#18 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Happiness and unhappiness are not bound by money - but they are affected.

I'm into access and freedom, not status. I like to have money so that I don't have to worry about it for my family, and so that I can do the things I want to do without a lot of fuss.
I'm fully familiar with all levels of the economic strata, and realize that happiness is based on the individual, and not necessarily on his or her economic status. Still, I would challenge you to make your family go without enough food, or live out of your car for 6 months...see how happy you are then.

As far as making judgements into the personality of someone based on a few lines - that's pretty shallow and not really what this forum is for.

This is the reality. Unless ARod is stupid with his money, he will never have to worry about things like how to pay his bills, or where he is going to sleep, or where he's going to get his food from. 99 percent of the population has to worry about that.

There's a big difference between a mufti-millionaire and poverty. I don't have ARod's money but I also will never be in my car with no food for my kids. Keep moving those lines. He isn't happier than me. He may be happier than you.

#19 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

There's a big difference between a mufti-millionaire and poverty. I don't have ARod's money but I also will never be in my car with no food for my kids. Keep moving those lines. He isn't happier than me. He may be happier than you.

I've never talked to anyone in my life that felt it is a competition to be happier than the next guy....oh wait, now I have.

#20 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Listen guy, you're the one who thinks ARod is happier than people because he's rich. If anyone has their priorities out of whack, its you. Keep equating money with happiness and I will keep telling you you're wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users