Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Nice Interception, Joe. Way to take advantage of that Turnover.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

Gentlemen. Just another in a long and growing list of gaffes by our Super Bowl MVP QB.

Suggs makes a nice play on the fumble recovery. Flacco promptly throws an interception (a horrible one too) and puts the defense right back on the field. 

Nice play Joe. Looks like a missed hitch route. Very odd, overthrown pass. Flacco sucks.

Yeah - the defense is the problem all right.

#2 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Sorry. Based on his salary, I was expecting a Manning, Brady, Rogers like performance. 

#3 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

He doesn't play like those guys. Just gets PAID like they do.

#4 tommyb

tommyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Of course let's overlook all the great plays he made in the game up to that point making things happen while being blitzed, harassed, and as always under protected ........sure Joe unloads a bad pass from time to time...that's always been his MO...but he also has less to work with, poorer protection, and less receiver separation than most QB'si in the league...as well as a terribly unimaginative offensive coordinator and head coach. Today is the first game in which I have seen anything out of the ordinary from the OC at all...and we need more of it! Sure Joe is no Brady or Manning....but I am not sure Peyton or Tom would end up being a Manning or Brady either on THIS team. Be thankful for what we DO have in Joe.....you watching the Jets QB? Maybe we could trade for Dalton or Ryan??? You might like that ......

#5 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Of course let's overlook all the great plays he made in the game up to that point making things happen while being blitzed, harassed, and as always under protected ........sure Joe unloads a bad pass from time to time...that's always been his MO...but he also has less to work with, poorer protection, and less receiver separation than most QB'si in the league...as well as a terribly unimaginative offensive coordinator and head coach. Today is the first game in which I have seen anything out of the ordinary from the OC at all...and we need more of it! Sure Joe is no Brady or Manning....but I am not sure Peyton or Tom would end up being a Manning or Brady either on THIS team. Be thankful for what we DO have in Joe.....you watching the Jets QB? Maybe we could trade for Dalton or Ryan??? You might like that ......

Am I watching Geno Smith? Yeah - what does that have to do with anything? The fact that they have a bod QB somehow makes Joe good? Like - we should be comparing Joe to Geno Smith and not other highly compensated elite QB's? I don't get the point. BTW - of offensive playcalling was last years excuse. 

#6 tommyb

tommyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I don't think anyone ever called Joe a Manning or Brady...he got the big payday because he took us through the toughest round of playoffs imaginable and then won us a Super Bowl against a powerful team. And racked up amazing stats along the way...... Oh, and by the way, did you just see the pass to Jacoby??? TD! THAT'S why we paid him! He earned it. And he keeps trying to do the same!

#7 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

Doh! Now he goes and throws a TD!! Curses! I'll be back Joe........I'll be back! Bwahhhahhhahahahahahah!

#8 tommyb

tommyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

And I don't think Joe needed an 'excuse' last year...even though offensive play calling was horrendous under Cameron...Joe won the Super Bowl even with the handicaps he had to live with. Can't do much more than that in a season....can you?

#9 tommyb

tommyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

And how come you aren't watching the Eagles game? Are you a Ravens fan too?

#10 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hey tommy. Normally I don't even respond to WCR, but I'll respond to you. WCR is such a total tool his head explodes every time Joe nails it and wins it for this otherwise sad sack team. He just can't respond except with his usual array of nonsense.

#11 bawlmerbob

bawlmerbob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hey tommy. Normally I don't even respond to WCR, but I'll respond to you. WCR is such a total tool his head explodes every time Joe nails it and wins it for this otherwise sad sack team. He just can't respond except with his usual array of nonsense.

There is nothing "sad sack" about the Defense.

#12 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

There is nothing "sad sack" about the Defense.

That's debatable. They tend to fade in games, and if it weren't for the absolutely pathetic offense of the Jets they could have failed once again late in the game. Pees still drops Dumervil back in coverage, the D still tends to miss too many tackles, and the secondary is inconsistent, especially when playing against a team with an actual NFL QB. Or even against some teams with second string QBs. Or even third string QBs.

#13 bawlmerbob

bawlmerbob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

That's debatable. They tend to fade in games, and if it weren't for the absolutely pathetic offense of the Jets they could have failed once again late in the game. Pees still drops Dumervil back in coverage, the D still tends to miss too many tackles, and the secondary is inconsistent, especially when playing against a team with an actual NFL QB. Or even against some teams with second string QBs. Or even third string QBs.

If they have faded late in the game at times, it's probably because they are on the field most of the game. As far as Dumervill dropping back into coverage, that is really on an exceptional basis, just to give another look.
The defense may not be perfect, but it's really good.

#14 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

If they have faded late in the game at times, it's probably because they are on the field most of the game. As far as Dumervill dropping back into coverage, that is really on an exceptional basis, just to give another look.
The defense may not be perfect, but it's really good.

Actually, that's a nice theory but it doesn't hold water. I've checked TOP and it just doesn't shake out that way. And no...putting Dumervil back in coverage has become quite common. The defense is good, but not "really good", IMO.

#15 bawlmerbob

bawlmerbob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Actually, that's a nice theory but it doesn't hold water. I've checked TOP and it just doesn't shake out that way. And no...putting Dumervil back in coverage has become quite common. The defense is good, but not "really good", IMO.

So, your expression of "sad sack" team excludes the Defense, which you are describing as "good". OK.

#16 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Are we seriously blaming the offensive coordinator for Flacco's struggles? When are you guys going to wake up and smell the coffee? Cam Cameron just doesn't have a clue. Now Caldwell doesn't have a clue? How many OCs do we need to go through before we say to ourselves " Hmmm. I wonder if the problem is Flacco?" If Caldwell gets a head coaching job next year and we get another OC, are we really going to sit here and blame him as well for Flacco's struggles? Flacco is not going to carry this team every week. He is too inconsistent, fools. The great thing about Flacco is he makes big time plays in big time games. These little regular season games, he only comes to play sometimes. I believe his contract is really just a 3 year contract. I think he is going to have to take a significant pay cut or he may be outta here. Flacco is wayyyy overpaid. Speaking of contracts, I wonder if Rice is done or if it is just the line. I have never seen him run this bad before. Ngata is hurt but even before he got hurt, he just didn't seem to be the player that we paid him to be. That's 3 huge contracts that I am concerned about.

#17 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

They are better than they were last year.  Offense is clearly the problem.

#18 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,471 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

I wonder if Rice is done or if it is just the line. I have never seen him run this bad before

Funny how no one was wondering if he was done last week

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#19 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,471 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

10th in total yards,7th in points allowed, 11th against the pass and 12th against the run. Yeah those guys are horrible. Unlike the offense. 29th in passing,27th in rushing(thanks for the bump Chicago) , 24th in points per game. Those guys are lights out. Yeah the defense is the problem :huh:  :huh:

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users