Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

What's up with ticket re-sale this year?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Is it just me or anyone else noticed a drop off? I usually end up selling about half of my individual game tix, years past it has never been a problem. Usually got a little more than FV, many times got FV but never, ever before couldn't sell them slightly below FV. Last two games I got no takers even at 50% of FV , today I couldn't even give them away. Just wondering. Oh, I have great seats too. 

#2 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Same here. I ended up selling two $97 face value tickets to a scalper for $75 total, and had to haggle to get that much. The weather was extremely brutal, so maybe that had something to do with it..

#3 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,620 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

I spoke with one of the resellers down there today who was standing by my tailgate .......

he said he was taking a beating because we were losing and today because of the weather ......

lot of fair weather fans around here ......

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#4 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,509 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

They were 4-6 coming in to this game.  I'm an eternal optimist, and while I've said they're far from out of it... it's still going to be a tall task at this point to get to the playoffs.  Had they stolen just one of the @BUF, @CLE, or @CHI games... they'd be SO much better off right now.  I think it's fair to say that most of the folks I know wrote off their playoff chances after they lost to Cleveland.  Couple that doom and gloom with frigid temps, high wind, and an opponent nobody really seems to care about (while shocking to New Yorkers, the Jets are barely more compelling than the Jaguars these days; one of the luckiest 5-5 teams in recent history)... and the resale market takes a hit.  It was VERY lucrative back before the Packers game.

If they beat PIT Thursday night and they're still in contention come the Pats game, the resale market will be strong again.

Edited by Ravens2006, 24 November 2013 - 10:27 PM.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#5 jessup270

jessup270

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,919 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

A couple hundred dollars to watch a game is a lot of money to most folks,   Of course $200 does not cover parking, a couple of beers and a hot dog.

When people have money to buy NFL season tickets, its easy to forget there are lots of WORKING people who can't afford to attend an NFL game.

Today basic things are so expensive a lot of hard working families are truly struggling.

#6 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,085 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

A couple hundred dollars to watch a game is a lot of money to most folks,   Of course $200 does not cover parking, a couple of beers and a hot dog.

When people have money to buy NFL season tickets, its easy to forget there are lots of WORKING people who can't afford to attend an NFL game.

Today basic things are so expensive a lot of hard working families are truly struggling.

Good points

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#7 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,855 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Is it just me or anyone else noticed a drop off? I usually end up selling about half of my individual game tix, years past it has never been a problem. Usually got a little more than FV, many times got FV but never, ever before couldn't sell them slightly below FV. Last two games I got no takers even at 50% of FV , today I couldn't even give them away. Just wondering. Oh, I have great seats too. 

It's funny you say this...I don't go to many games as I'm not a Raven fan, but for almost all the games I have gone to-I've bought the tickets here on this board...but I hardly ever see them for sale here any more.  

#8 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,085 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

It's funny you say this...I don't go to many games as I'm not a Raven fan, but for almost all the games I have gone to-I've bought the tickets here on this board...but I hardly ever see them for sale here any more.  

I didn't check for the Jets game(because who wants to see the Jets), but there appears to be plenty of offers on craigslist for the Steeler and Viking games

Edited by bmore_ken, 25 November 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#9 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,855 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

I didn't check for the Jets game(because who wants to see the Jets), but there appears to be plenty of offers on craiglist for the Steeler and Viking games

Yeah, but I was talking about this board .  If I'm lurking on the boards here and see somebody trying to unload their tickets I just may take them up on it even if I wasn't planning on going.  Kind of like an impulse buy...not a planned buy.  

#10 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,085 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Yeah, but I was talking about this board .  If I'm lurking on the boards here and see somebody trying to unload their tickets I just may take them up on it even if I wasn't planning on going.  Kind of like an impulse buy...not a planned buy.  

I don't see tickets offered here that often. Maybe I'm just not on the Ravens board enough.

#11 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Saticon 3 and Baltimore Ravens Lets Go message me next time you have tickets for sale please. I usually have to pay above face value to go. Though I do have tickets for Thursday's game through a family member associated with our rival.

#12 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,855 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

I don't see tickets offered here that often. Maybe I'm just not on the Ravens board enough.

That's what I said, people don't do it any more.  They used to do it all the time...and now I read Saticons post about practically not being able to give them away.  Heck, one guy used to call me when he had them for sale since I kept buying them when he posted them here.  So I was wondering why they don't do it any more particularly if people can't sell them other places...

#13 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,006 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Interesting.

Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#14 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,085 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

That's what I said, people don't do it any more.  They used to do it all the time...and now I read Saticons post about practically not being able to give them away.  Heck, one guy used to call me when he had them for sale since I kept buying them when he posted them here.  So I was wondering why they don't do it any more particularly if people can't sell them other places...

Well I'm guessing you pre date my membership here. I started here in 2007 and I don't recall many tickets being offered since I joined. Just every now and then

#15 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

I started a thread on the Raven's board here offering my tix up for sale the last two home games and got zero inquiries/offers. Years past I have traded and sold many of my tickets via the Sunspot Ravens board though.

#16 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Saticon 3 and Baltimore Ravens Lets Go message me next time you have tickets for sale please. I usually have to pay above face value to go. Though I do have tickets for Thursday's game through a family member associated with our rival.

Thanks, will do, but I think the rest for this year are spoken for already. I had planned on going to the last two myself but things came up. If that happens again I will contact you.  FV would be fine heck even under if the market is going that way. My seats went empty this past game.

#17 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

All very true, yet there are what, some 77,000 at each and every  game, we have an unbroken string of sellouts -no? ( and I mean true sell-outs, with most all seats filled with bodies, not like the Redskins type  "sellouts")

For sure, its beyond my means as well, but I bought my psl's back when they were first offered direct from the team,. that was nine kids ago and pre-retirement- that's why I sell so many of them. 

#18 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,620 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

in all fairness, you posted those tickets on here on late saturday .......

this board doesn't get all that much traffic and many of us have our own tickets ........

what do you figure, 20, 25 folks saw your post on saturday? .......

I know things come up but folks weren't sitting around saturday night worrying about where to get tickets if they wanted to go to the game .........

I sold 2 tickets to the game early in the week, gone on weds ......

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#19 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

in all fairness, you posted those tickets on here on late saturday .......

this board doesn't get all that much traffic and many of us have our own tickets ........

what do you figure, 20, 25 folks saw your post on saturday? .......

I know things come up but folks weren't sitting around saturday night worrying about where to get tickets if they wanted to go to the game .........

I sold 2 tickets to the game early in the week, gone on weds ......

You're right, though I had them listed on craigslist at least a week ahead and got zero inquiries/offers there too. Perhaps I should have put them on Sunspot  earlier too. But before these past two games I had been successful via Craigslist.

#20 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,620 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

You're right, though I had them listed on craigslist at least a week ahead and got zero inquiries/offers there too. Perhaps I should have put them on Sunspot  earlier too. But before these past two games I had been successful via Craigslist.

pm me early in the week when you are looking to move them.......

can't promise anything but I will ask around ......

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users