• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

I see SF near last in passing this year. I see our number 14 has as many TD's as you know who and better yet today shows we really are not missing Boldin. So all you Boldin lovers move to SF

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,134 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

And the Ravens' passing game wouldn't be better with Boldin?  Have you watched the Ravens play this year? 

Why is everything a zero sum game?  :rolleyes:

#3 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,219 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

And the Ravens' passing game wouldn't be better with Boldin?  Have you watched the Ravens play this year? 

Why is everything a zero sum game?  :rolleyes:

Come on bro. Who needs Boldin's 47 catches and over 600 yards receiving? Our offense is fine  -_-

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#4 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

I see SF near last in passing this year. I see our number 14 has as many TD's as you know who and better yet today shows we really are not missing Boldin. So all you Boldin lovers move to SF

"I see SF near last in passing this year." just in case you're not aware, boldin is not a quarterback. using the phraseology of one Gisele B√ľndchen: boldin can't catch and throw the ball too.

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,506 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Come on bro. Who needs Boldin's 47 catches and over 600 yards receiving? Our offense is fine  -_-

Brown + Jones = 7 TDs (Boldin has 3), 571 yards, and 49 receptions. For a lot less.

#6 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

some of you folks keep missing the point: having an anquan boldin on your team has NEVER been a zero-sum proposition. he's value added, meaning he's worth more than the money he's paid and always has been. TDs have NEVER been the exclusive measure of anquan's worth. perhaps you missed last season's playoffs and  super bowl. but for anquan's clutch 3d down conversions, ravens probably don't get to the super bowl, let alone win it. to conclude the ravens do not need the capabilities of anquan boldin is to also conclude we do not need the capabilities of dennis pitta (Brown + Jones = 7 TDs (Pitta has 0).

#7 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Brown + Jones = 7 TDs (Boldin has 3), 571 yards, and 49 receptions. For a lot less.

Brown + Jones = 7 TDs (Pitta has 0). will you second a motion to trade Pitta?

#8 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,555 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

yea, we would be better off with rainey than this boldin guy :rolleyes:...........

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#9 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

are you watching the anquan boldin show on MNF?  s.u.r.e, we're not missing boldin at all.

make that boldin has 5 at the very least after 2nite. nearly as much as brown + jones combined. anquan will make you eat your words b4 the night is out.

#10 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,336 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

Difference is Brown and Jones have a better QB than Boldin has. Still here, Boldin probably has at least 5. The other factor is that with Boldin to worry about, defenses can't focus most of their attention on Smith and he probably has a couple more TD's as well. Brown is a good receiver, but he has problems staying on the field. He gets injured a lot. He had that problem at Georgia which is why he wasn't drafted. Boldin wouldn't make this team an unstoppable offense, too many other holes, but he would upgrade the receiving unit a bit and help this flaming turd offense at least crack the 20 point mark.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#11 Marchetti

Marchetti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

Having Anquan suddenly appear split wide to the right isn't going to magically improve the offense when there are so many other factors involved, it's much more complicated than that. It all begins with the quality of the O-line, there are 11 players on offense and one receiver isn't going to change anything. People seem to think the magic Boldin and Flacco found in the playoffs would magically translate into the next season. People also seem to think if we had kept Boldin we'd have a better record than we do right now, it doesn't work like that. Too many variables on the O-line since February and then you have the changes and replacements on rebuilding the defense. You keep Boldin you probably have to score more each game with lesser personel on the D. I LOVE Boldin but I also understand why he isn't here. It's time to put him behind you and move on and not whine every so often when he has a good game.
Unitas was so outraged that he cut all ties to the relocated team. Other prominent old-time Colts followed his lead. After the NFL returned to Baltimore as the Ravens for the 1996 season, Unitas and most of the other old-time Colts regarded THE RAVENS as the TRUE SUCCESSORS of the Baltimore Colts.

"I'll show you how to field a respected, competetive baseball team
if you show me how to be a more effective dictator
!"
--Fidel Castro to Peter Angelos

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:cool:

i don't get it.

#12 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,506 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

Having Anquan suddenly appear split wide to the right isn't going to magically improve the offense when there are so many other factors involved, it's much more complicated than that. It all begins with the quality of the O-line, there are 11 players on offense and one receiver isn't going to change anything. People seem to think the magic Boldin and Flacco found in the playoffs would magically translate into the next season. People also seem to think if we had kept Boldin we'd have a better record than we do right now, it doesn't work like that. Too many variables on the O-line since February and then you have the changes and replacements on rebuilding the defense. You keep Boldin you probably have to score more each game with lesser personel on the D. I LOVE Boldin but I also understand why he isn't here. It's time to put him behind you and move on and not whine every so often when he has a good game.

Agreed.

#13 ziptop

ziptop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Boldin could magically improve the Ravens offense because he could jump up in the air and catch Flacco's typically bad passes. Very simple.

#14 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,506 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

Boldin could magically improve the Ravens offense because he could jump up in the air and catch Flacco's typically bad passes. Very simple.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users