• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,499 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Don't look now...but your wonder boy, Peyton Manning, in one of the biggest games of the year, came away with a QB rating of 70. LOL. In an over time game in which he racked up an astounding 150 yards. WOW. Color ME impressed!!!

#2 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

My wonder boy? I don't get the connection. You are somehow linking me with Peyton Manning. Makes no sense. 

If your point is: Because Peyton Manning didn't play well last night, that means he is no better than Flacco, you are a fool. 

Its sad that rather than have your endless points and observations solidified by Flacco's solid play, you are left to point to another HOF QB having a bad game as some sort of justification of Flacco's poor play. Yeah, he had an OK game today. Against the Jets. 

Let's see what happens next week when we play the Steelers and he has pressure on him to score. He never had any figurative pressure yesterday - as the Jets were only able to muster 3 points thanks to Geno Smith and also the solid play of our defense.

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,499 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

It's sad that rather than look at things objectively you continue to bang your worn out Flacco bashing drum. You, along with most of the media, have a funny memory when it comes to Manning. For YEARS he had the rep as being a choker -- and for good reason. Despite having mad talent all around him, he never won the big one(s). To date, he has ONE Super Bowl victory, despite having dominated his division for almost a decade. Last night was a perfect example. Despite dominating the AFC West he STILL chokes when everything is on the line. That was really the point of this thread. I can just imagine your ranting and raving had Joe folded the way Manning did last night.

(And it's funny how you change your tune so quickly, isn't it? You were praising Manning to the sky, yet all of a sudden you can't remember any of that? How convenient.)

#4 HallofFameRay

HallofFameRay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Here's the truth if ever spoken.

Ray Lewis Targets Flacco With Criticism

Ray Lewis has shown little hesitation critiquing his former team of 17 years in his new role as an ESPN analyst.

He continued Sunday morning, prior to the Ravens-Jets matchup, and this time Lewis’ target was Flacco.  Flacco is enduring his worst statistical season of his career, including a career-high 14 interceptions, but per CSNBaltimore.com, Lewis said the quarterback isn’t really playing differently than in years past. Lewis says the difference is that he lacks a supporting cast to compensate for his mistakes.

"When I was playing with Joe Flacco, Joe Flacco was making these same mistakes back then, but our defense always found a way to bail him out," Lewis said during ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown. Lewis said that in order for Flacco to flourish, the offense needs more balance with a successful running attack, meaning Flacco can’t carry the offense all on his own.

“There’s no real balance that [the] Baltimore Ravens have right now and they want to make Joe Flacco – they gave him $100 million, I understand that – they want to make Joe Flacco a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He’s not that type of guy. He’s a system type of guy that if you have the balance – that you have running the ball, doing the things you need to do – then Joe Flacco excels.”

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,499 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Bull crap. The Ravens didn't win the Super Bowl last year because Ray and his defense bailed out Flacco. It was clearly the other way around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users