Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

When is enough enough?

27 posts in this topic

First half rushing stats:

Ray Rice: 8 carries 16 yards

Bernard Pierce: 4 carries 20 yards

Handing off to Rice is just a wasted down. Yet they keep running it over and over and over. When is enough enough already?

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

You just can't stop running the ball all together. You can't go completely one dimensional.

B)

Do you see the difference between Pierce and Rice? Pierce was doing twice as well. Then inexplicably, they pull Pierce and shove Rice back in. And on top of that teams expect to see Rice get the ball on first down, because that's what Caldwell keeps doing. The best plays were the FAKES on first down. So it's a combination of Rice being ineffective AND the predictable play calling. At least Pierce can sometimes make something out of nothing. Rice just cannot do it. But this stubborn, predictable coaching staff just doesn't get it.

The running back is not the problem.  The line and the schemes are the problems.

It's the same O-line for both backs. And Pierce is double Rice. So tell me...how does THAT work?

Neither have a good average yard per carry number.  

First half rushing stats:

Ray Rice: 8 carries 16 yards

Bernard Pierce: 4 carries 20 yards

Name             Rush  Yds  Y/G  Avg   

Ray Rice          156  450  45.0  2.9   

Bernard Pierce 114  309  28.1  2.7 

I'm talking about who had the hot hand TONIGHT. Something about which this coaching staff is CLUELESS. You don't pull the HOT HAND to keep putting in the COLD hand.

Harbaugh will never bench Ray Rice in favor of Pierce.  Anyone hoping for that to happen might as well forget it.  What you see is pretty much what you're going to get for the duration of the season.  It will continue to be futile and Flacco will have to be the one to beat teams.  Hopefully, the team will stay tough defensively and give themselves a chance to win.  The last couple of weeks they have.  But offensively, fans are just going to have to be tortured watching these games, including myself.  And here's a question- what happened to Bernard Scott?  What was the point in signing him if he wasn't going to at least get a few carriers here and there to see what he can do?  How could he be any worse at this point?

Harbaugh will never bench Ray Rice in favor of Pierce.  Anyone hoping for that to happen might as well forget it.  What you see is pretty much what you're going to get for the duration of the season.  It will continue to be futile and Flacco will have to be the one to beat teams.  Hopefully, the team will stay tough defensively and give themselves a chance to win.  The last couple of weeks they have.  But offensively, fans are just going to have to be tortured watching these games, including myself.  And here's a question- what happened to Bernard Scott?  What was the point in signing him if he wasn't going to at least get a few carriers here and there to see what he can do?  How could he be any worse at this point?

Exactly.

Seemed like Rice kept running right at where the pile was moving instead of maybe cutting back into an opening.

One play in particular, at some point in the 4th quarter -- I think it was a stretch play to the left -- it was just a solid wall. In fact, I think it took a while to actually tackle him because the defenders had to get around the Ravens blockers. I was screaming so loud at that point I ended up with a sore throat.

Do you see the difference between Pierce and Rice? Pierce was doing twice as well. Then inexplicably, they pull Pierce and shove Rice back in. And on top of that teams expect to see Rice get the ball on first down, because that's what Caldwell keeps doing. The best plays were the FAKES on first down. So it's a combination of Rice being ineffective AND the predictable play calling. At least Pierce can sometimes make something out of nothing. Rice just cannot do it. But this stubborn, predictable coaching staff just doesn't get it.

I love it when you take both sides of the argument. It's like you are arguing with yourself on a message board. You say that all Caldwell keeps doing is running Rice on first down. Then the very next sentence you say the best plays are when Caldwell play action passes on first down. Then the very next sentence you talk about the predictable play calling. LOL 

I love it when you take both sides of the argument. It's like you are arguing with yourself on a message board. You say that all Caldwell keeps doing is running Rice on first down. Then the very next sentence you say the best plays are when Caldwell play action passes on first down. Then the very next sentence you talk about the predictable play calling. LOL 

You really are confused, aren't you? Caldwell did the PA RARELY. That's why he's predictable. There's no contradiction at all; just you and your usual confused mind, is all. He doesn't know how to read a hot hand; he is abysmal in the red zone; and his creativity is limited to a few plays over the course of an entire game. Look at the botched job he made of the "wildcat" last week. The coaching staff NOW acknowledges that they didn't use it properly. REALLY? The rest of the world, including the announcers, recognized it IN REAL TIME while it was happening. Why didn't they?!! Because they are just a poor coaching staff, that's why.

I'm talking about who had the hot hand TONIGHT. Something about which this coaching staff is CLUELESS. You don't pull the HOT HAND to keep putting in the COLD hand.

Clearly you should be the coach.

lol, I really think he thinks he should be the coach. Anyway, how can you say Pierce had the hot hand when he had 4 carries? 4 CARRIES???? What's the matter with you? Pierce is clearly the better back?

You really are confused, aren't you? Caldwell did the PA ONCE. That's why he's predictable. There's no contradiction at all; just you and your usual confused mind, is all.

Once? Did you even watch the game? Watch it again and get back to me with an accurate answer. You always try to post BS to support your opinions whether they are accurate or not. Everyone on here knows that is complete BS.  It was a lot more than once, son. I think the facts prove who is a little confused.

Edited by RavingManiac

Clearly you should be the coach.

lol, I really think he thinks he should be the coach. Anyway, how can you say Pierce had the hot hand when he had 4 carries? 4 CARRIES???? What's the matter with you? Pierce is clearly the better back?

Well...let's see...4 carries/20 yards = 5 ypc. Ray Rice...about half of that. You aren't really very good at math, are you?

You just can't stop running the ball all together. You can't go completely one dimensional.

B)

B)

Of course not, but Pierce seemed more effective. He should have been getting more touches.