OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,152 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

First half rushing stats:

Ray Rice: 8 carries 16 yards

Bernard Pierce: 4 carries 20 yards

Handing off to Rice is just a wasted down. Yet they keep running it over and over and over. When is enough enough already?

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 28 November 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#2 Flu

Flu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

You just can't stop running the ball all together. You can't go completely one dimensional.

:cool:

Flu

What is a veteran? This is the best definition I've found:

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount 'up to and including my life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer can conceptualize it."

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,152 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

You just can't stop running the ball all together. You can't go completely one dimensional.

:cool:

Do you see the difference between Pierce and Rice? Pierce was doing twice as well. Then inexplicably, they pull Pierce and shove Rice back in. And on top of that teams expect to see Rice get the ball on first down, because that's what Caldwell keeps doing. The best plays were the FAKES on first down. So it's a combination of Rice being ineffective AND the predictable play calling. At least Pierce can sometimes make something out of nothing. Rice just cannot do it. But this stubborn, predictable coaching staff just doesn't get it.

#4 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

The running back is not the problem.  The line and the schemes are the problems.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,152 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

The running back is not the problem.  The line and the schemes are the problems.

It's the same O-line for both backs. And Pierce is double Rice. So tell me...how does THAT work?

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 29 November 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#6 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

Neither have a good average yard per carry number.  

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#7 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

They rank 51st and 52nd in average yards per carry.  Rice is 51st.

http://sports.yahoo....imeframe=ToDate

Edited by demopublican, 29 November 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#8 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,152 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Neither have a good average yard per carry number.  

First half rushing stats:

Ray Rice: 8 carries 16 yards

Bernard Pierce: 4 carries 20 yards

#9 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

Name             Rush  Yds  Y/G  Avg   

Ray Rice          156  450  45.0  2.9   

Bernard Pierce 114  309  28.1  2.7 

Edited by demopublican, 29 November 2013 - 12:39 AM.

#10 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,152 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Name             Rush  Yds  Y/G  Avg   

Ray Rice          156  450  45.0  2.9   

Bernard Pierce 114  309  28.1  2.7 

I'm talking about who had the hot hand TONIGHT. Something about which this coaching staff is CLUELESS. You don't pull the HOT HAND to keep putting in the COLD hand.

#11 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Clearly you should be the coach.

#12 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

The problem is not the back.

#13 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,152 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

The problem is not the back.

So you keep saying.

#14 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,152 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

Clearly you should be the coach.

Maybe I should.

#15 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

If only we had the 50th best back to put in.

#16 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

Harbaugh will never bench Ray Rice in favor of Pierce.  Anyone hoping for that to happen might as well forget it.  What you see is pretty much what you're going to get for the duration of the season.  It will continue to be futile and Flacco will have to be the one to beat teams.  Hopefully, the team will stay tough defensively and give themselves a chance to win.  The last couple of weeks they have.  But offensively, fans are just going to have to be tortured watching these games, including myself.  And here's a question- what happened to Bernard Scott?  What was the point in signing him if he wasn't going to at least get a few carriers here and there to see what he can do?  How could he be any worse at this point?

#17 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,152 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

Harbaugh will never bench Ray Rice in favor of Pierce.  Anyone hoping for that to happen might as well forget it.  What you see is pretty much what you're going to get for the duration of the season.  It will continue to be futile and Flacco will have to be the one to beat teams.  Hopefully, the team will stay tough defensively and give themselves a chance to win.  The last couple of weeks they have.  But offensively, fans are just going to have to be tortured watching these games, including myself.  And here's a question- what happened to Bernard Scott?  What was the point in signing him if he wasn't going to at least get a few carriers here and there to see what he can do?  How could he be any worse at this point?

Exactly.

#18 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,983 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

Seemed like Rice kept running right at where the pile was moving instead of maybe cutting back into an opening.

#19 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,152 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

Seemed like Rice kept running right at where the pile was moving instead of maybe cutting back into an opening.

One play in particular, at some point in the 4th quarter -- I think it was a stretch play to the left -- it was just a solid wall. In fact, I think it took a while to actually tackle him because the defenders had to get around the Ravens blockers. I was screaming so loud at that point I ended up with a sore throat.

#20 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Do you see the difference between Pierce and Rice? Pierce was doing twice as well. Then inexplicably, they pull Pierce and shove Rice back in. And on top of that teams expect to see Rice get the ball on first down, because that's what Caldwell keeps doing. The best plays were the FAKES on first down. So it's a combination of Rice being ineffective AND the predictable play calling. At least Pierce can sometimes make something out of nothing. Rice just cannot do it. But this stubborn, predictable coaching staff just doesn't get it.

I love it when you take both sides of the argument. It's like you are arguing with yourself on a message board. You say that all Caldwell keeps doing is running Rice on first down. Then the very next sentence you say the best plays are when Caldwell play action passes on first down. Then the very next sentence you talk about the predictable play calling. LOL 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users