• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 elj1201

elj1201

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

Steelers play Dolphins next then Bengals. If those were both wins that would be great

Lets go black and yellow

#2 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,349 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

I don't think so.  If they win both those games, they might have a good chance at winning out.  If that happens, the Ravens have to win out against a much tougher schedule.  If the Steelers win out and go to 9-7, the Ravens at 9-7 lose the tiebreaker.  The best scenario for the Ravens is that the Steelers lose to Miami, then beat Cincinnati.  Miami beats the Steeler then loses to the Patriots.  The Ravens own the tiebreaker on Miami, they won't own it on the Steelers if they win out. 

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#3 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Win and they're in. It's that simple. They shouldn't need help from the Steelers, or anyone else.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#4 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,277 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

Win and they're in. It's that simple.

based on cpr's post that's not true

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#5 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

If the Ravens win out and finish 10-6, they're in since they are the current 6th seed.  If they lose a game or two, then things get dicey.

#6 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,277 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

If the Ravens win out and finish 10-6, they're in since they are the current 6th seed.  If they lose a game or two, then things get dicey.

That makes sense, but that's a tall order with the remaining schedule

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#7 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

Sure it is. If they win out, they're 10-6. Miami is the only other 6th seed contender that can win out and also be 10-6. The Ravens hold the tie breaker over the Dolphins.

Win and they're in. Simple. I didn't say winning, itself, would be simple.

Edited by LarryN, 05 December 2013 - 08:25 AM.

"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#8 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

One thing about the NFL this year is that scenarios change weekly.  With the exception of a few teams in each conference (Seattle, Carolina, Denver and NE come to mind immediately), there has been little consistency.  So, my focus right now goes no further than hoping they stop AP and continue to improve on offense this week. 

#9 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,349 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Yes, if the Ravens win out, they are in.  It becomes more complicated if they lose any of their games.  They hold the head to head tiebreaker with Miami.  If the Steelers win out, and the Ravens lose one, the Steelers own the tiebreaker.  The Steelers and Miami play this weekend so that will decide the tiebreaker with them.  Basically, if the Steelers lose this weekend they are still mathematically in it, but unless there are several upsets, they have little chance.  Since the Steelers have Miami, Cincy and Cleveland at home, plus a beat up Green Bay that may or may not have Rogers on the road, my opinion is that Miami beating them and then losing to New England is the best insurance for the Ravens.  I really don't think a Raven team that is 1-5 on the road and has had a hard time playing consistently from week to week is going to win out.  Essentially that would mean they finish the season winning 6 in a row.  Very hard to see that from this team. 

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users