• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dillonroche

dillonroche

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

there should be no compromise whatsoever over the matter that an nfl head coach interfered with play on the field . if the nfl and its comissioner are serious about keeping teams out of the white zone , let alone the field of play , and ensuring that the ravens get justice , they will have to do more than a fine { which means little to those millionaires ) and a draft pick denial !!!! timlens egregious action is unpardonable . i believe a fine of 250 k or more and suspension for remainder of season and playoffs is in order . in addition the nfl should tack on 4 points to the final score to ensure that in any tie breaker scenarios the rave doesn't get screwed . it's disgusting that not a single member of the officiating crew threw a flag for the 3 violations by the squeelers coach ( #1.... he was in white zone , #2....he was on field of play , and impeded progress of ball carrier , #3....his presence constituted 12 men on field . while on the case of the officials , what was the bozo in the officials booth doing ???? what good is he if he cant notify the crew chief of a serious infraction that merits review. for the refs to do nada is totally unacceptable . for harbaugh not to toss the red flag is negligence ( please , no yuppy bs that he cant protest a non call , that's part of what the red flag symbolizes , and it would have gotten everyones attention that at least placement of the ball was wrong , in that it was at least 15 yds short of where it should have been to say nothing that the raves should have been given a td.       "don't put it behind us" get those 4 points tacked on to official final score to protect us from further fiasco if the improbable happens and tiebreakers are necessary . in their time , don shula , mike ditka , papa bear halas , and john madden , to name a few  would have gone ape s#!* had that happened to their team and they would most likely have been ejected before they shut up . both bis****ti and harbaugh are wimps . in pissburg , fans are tripping over themselves trying to justify timlins action , and they are ridiculing ravens fans as crybabies and unreasonable , unknowledgable fans . this why so many of us hate the squeelers and their stinkin' *** , pukey fans . get those 4 points back and rub their porcine noses in it . its time for the commissioner to drop the " F - BOMB on pissburg .

#2 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

Who is Timlen?

Stuff happens, and all the screaming in the world won't change the fact that the official missed the obvious call, or that in the end it didn't change the game's outcome - unless of course someone betting didn't cover the spread because of the (possibly) lost 4 points.

#3 dillonroche

dillonroche

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

my bad !!! i meant dumlin. let me correct you , you pissberg puke it was not THE official who missed a call , it was ALL OF THEM !!!!and it damned near did affect the outcome , had they scored and forced overtime which the rave coulda lost . those officials didnt miss the violations  or the call , they just didnt make one , and as far as i can tell , no one has taken them to task for it . and add al davis of the raiders to the list of coaches who would have screamed about it , and would have to have been forcibly ejected from the field . if you dont like our screaming , go back to pissberg , afghanistan or fight for 'ol D.C. or where ever the sewer is you crawled out from . 

#4 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,852 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

my bad !!! i meant dumlin. let me correct you , you pissberg puke it was not THE official who missed a call , it was ALL OF THEM !!!!and it damned near did affect the outcome , had they scored and forced overtime which the rave coulda lost . those officials didnt miss the violations  or the call , they just didnt make one , and as far as i can tell , no one has taken them to task for it . and add al davis of the raiders to the list of coaches who would have screamed about it , and would have to have been forcibly ejected from the field . if you dont like our screaming , go back to pissberg , afghanistan or fight for 'ol D.C. or where ever the sewer is you crawled out from . 

Wow, you showed him.  :rolleyes:

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

Smacking shills, homers, & trolls since 2009

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,620 posts
  • LocationDeep in the thoughts of mindless lemmings

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Of course the Ravens have moved on. They are focusing on the task at hand -- the Vikes. It's up to the league now to determine Tomlin's punishment, not the Ravens.

#6 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

This guy could, possibly, be more entertaining than Locker Combo
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#7 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Oh my.  You might want to cut back on the coffee consumption.

Using this logic, the Ravens must be 11-1 since they damned near did win 5 other games.  Just curious, how many officials do you think actually had a good look at Tomlin's offense?  You're not suggesting they should have called it after the replays, are you?  

PS. I spent lots of time in sewers around the world protecting your right to denigrate me on a message board.  I'll pass on doing that again.

#8 reg_indy

reg_indy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Not possible, yet.

Terrell Suggs is doing all that he can fan the flames on the Ravens’ feud with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Underneath his uniform, the linebacker/defensive end has been wearing a black t-shirt with the letters “YBYSA” on the front and the saying, “You Bet Your Sweet *** I Hate the Steelers” on the back.

"I saw it in a store, and I was like, 'Oh, that’s nice for camp. Get our minds right,'" Suggs said

#9 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Not possible, yet.

You have to admit, there is potential. He is getting into 'justforfun' territory after a mere 31 posts.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#10 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,302 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

But for you vets, was anyone more entertaining on these forums than Flapjack?
Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

#11 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,867 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

I dismissed it as the rant of a deranged person as soon as I read the cry for adding 4 points to the final score.  Like the NFL is really going to do that.  :rolleyes:

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#12 dillonroche

dillonroche

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

why wouldn't they do that . the 4 points could figure in tiebreakers if it comes to that. the dynamics of this situation call for imaginative and stern solutions . to repeat , if the nfl is serious about stopping encroachment in officials white zone , this is their chance . warnings , sanctions , and fines do not affect nor curb questionable activities by nfl coaches and players . become creative and unpredictable in levying punishment , and they will back off !!! the only thing they understand is the brute force of authority . the head coach is responsible for the actions and understanding of the rules by all of his subordinates . that is part of his job description . remember the old adage " ignorance is no defense " 

#13 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

The first word of a sentence and formal names, including initial abbreviations, are to be capitalized. There is no space between the last word of a sentence and the period, same with the phrase before a comma and/or quotation marks. When someone writes the language correctly their ideas can be taken more seriously, though being "creative and unpredictable in levying punishment" is quite radical. Just upholding the rules would be sufficient.

#14 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,867 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

why wouldn't they do that . the 4 points could figure in tiebreakers if it comes to that. the dynamics of this situation call for imaginative and stern solutions . to repeat , if the nfl is serious about stopping encroachment in officials white zone , this is their chance . warnings , sanctions , and fines do not affect nor curb questionable activities by nfl coaches and players . become creative and unpredictable in levying punishment , and they will back off !!! the only thing they understand is the brute force of authority . the head coach is responsible for the actions and understanding of the rules by all of his subordinates . that is part of his job description . remember the old adage " ignorance is no defense "

Well, first of all there is no way to conclusively know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jones would have scored had Tomlin not been there. Any number of things could have happened.  There have been plays where receivers have been ruled out of bounds in the end zone that the NFL has come back and said should have been a TD and they did not add 7 points to that teams score.  It just isn't going to happen.  How about last years Seattle/Green Bay game where the ref awarded a GB interception to Seattle and Seattle won the game.  The NFL admitted the ref made the wrong call, yet they didn't take the touchdown away from Seattle and award the game to Green Bay.  It didn't happen then, it isn't going to happen here. 

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#15 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

stopping encroachment in officials white zone 

I had an encroachment in the white zone after getting out of my truck yesterday. try as I did to just walk it off, I had to slip into the bathroom to get that wedgy out.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users