Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,889 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

http://www.camdencha...m-johnson-trade

What do you all make of these comments to Peter Schmunk by Peter Angelos? HIs he telling us we're a small market team again?? "A limited market"

On the subject of the budget, Angelos told Schmuck, "There are limitations. This is not New York City. We are not the New York Yankees. We certainly would like to be in that discussion. We've got loyal fans and we're doing our best to put together the best possible team in a limited market."

http://www.baltimore..._medium=twitter

Edited by Rob, 05 December 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#2 kudzu

kudzu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,168 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

I guess Petey forgot about all those promises made to the fan base when he extorted MLB to create MASN,

#3 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

Buck screwed everything up by winning and giving the fans hope.

#4 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

A contending team can also be very profitable since more seats, concessions and merchandise will be sold.  Oh wait, the modern corporate world only understands cost cutting.

#5 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

Limited market?   We aren't buying your BS any longer Peter. 

#6 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

69-93
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#7 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Remember when everybody was happy in 1993 when the Orioles returned to local ownership?
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

I guess Petey forgot about all those promises made to the fan base when he extorted MLB to create MASN,

no, but he's convinced himself that we forgot. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#9 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,694 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

But dying Detroit has the budget to maintain a 100+ million salary pool.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#10 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

Schmuck points out a few different variables that suggest PGA has taken over the decision making again. most notably, PGA moved back into the warehouse and took over DD's office. the last time he had an office in the warehouse, Flanny was the GM,. and we all know that Flanny was nothing more than a mouthpiece during press conferences, etc. 

so it looks like that 2012 playoff appearance will be the last one we'll see for another couple of decades.

oh, and Brian Matusz is being moved back to the starting rotation. merry Christmas O's fans :rolleyes:  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#11 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

oh, and Brian Matusz is being moved back to the starting rotation. merry Christmas O's fans :rolleyes:  

10th time's the charm.

#12 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Ebenezer Angelos may need another visit by the O's from Season's past. Stay tuned. RIkman's warped mind is working ot after the deal of JJ.

Edited by RIKMAN, 06 December 2013 - 01:14 PM.

Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

#13 Passarino

Passarino

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

Remember when everybody was happy in 1993 when the Orioles returned to local ownership?

Thank God.  Look how Bill DeWitt has run the Cardinals into the ground.  2 time World Series loser under his ownership :angry:

#14 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

Good grief. That will last about as long as it takes to go through a line-up more than once, and maybe sooner than that. 

This is what I think of with Matusz facing more than 1 or 2 batters.

#15 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

I guess you could use the word "hope" to describe my following of the O's hot stove season. but that's over now. with the signing of Ryan Webb (which is a good addition), the O's have now accounted for 39 of their 40 roster slots, with the 40th about to go to Peguero. 

yep, the team hit the crest of their wave in 2012. now it's back to collecting minor league cast offs and grizzled Kevin Millar types, who are at the end of their career, and are just looking for one more trot around the bases. 

#16 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

I guess you could use the word "hope" to describe my following of the O's hot stove season. but that's over now. with the signing of Ryan Webb (which is a good addition), the O's have now accounted for 39 of their 40 roster slots, with the 40th about to go to Peguero. 

yep, the team hit the crest of their wave in 2012. now it's back to collecting minor league cast offs and grizzled Kevin Millar types, who are at the end of their career, and are just looking for one more trot around the bases. 

Yep, I agree with you completely, and I think Petey is going to see lots of fans turn away from supporting the O's in protest.

#17 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Yep, I agree with you completely, and I think Petey is going to see lots of fans turn away from supporting the O's in protest.

I was thinking the same thing. opening day will be it's usual celebration, but the next 161 (with the exception of the Boston games) will be pretty vacant.

I've mentioned a few times that I didn't think Feldman would be back, because he was never interested in being in Baltimore to begin with. but if I'm wrong, how can DD stand up in front of the fanfest and explain that they couldn't afford to give Feldman $10M/yr. that deal was within the hard and fast rules of "3 yr max contracts to pitchers"

#18 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

I was thinking the same thing. opening day will be it's usual celebration, but the next 161 (with the exception of the Boston games) will be pretty vacant.

I've mentioned a few times that I didn't think Feldman would be back, because he was never interested in being in Baltimore to begin with. but if I'm wrong, how can DD stand up in front of the fanfest and explain that they couldn't afford to give Feldman $10M/yr. that deal was within the hard and fast rules of "3 yr max contracts to pitchers"

3/30 for a mid rotation starter with decent numbers and 200 innings is about the going rate.  Really pathetic they couldn't keep him.  He provided a good bit of stability to the rotation which was badly needed last year.  I'm not counting on Bundy or Gausman at all.  How many prized pitching prospects have we watched flounder in this system. 

#19 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

65-96

#20 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

65-96

aside from the "if" factor of young/developing players, in Tor and Baltimore, I can see a last place finish for the O's. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users