56 replies to this topic

#1 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Congrats to Douglass on a great season.

This has been a one-sided game. FH dominated on both sides of the ball. Still 8 minutes left, but it is 25-0 FH.

#2 Maryland Mountaineer

Maryland Mountaineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

I echo that statement!!! Good season Ducks, but you have been weighed, measured and found wanting.

Good luck next season!!

#3 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

I was pulling for Douglass but I knew they had a juggernaut coming into Bmore with a lot of tradition and experience. Ellwood will have his guys back. I was also quite surprised of the sparse crowd on Douglass' sidelines. I thought all of Bmore would come out for this one. That is a shame.

Good game FH.

#4 Maryland Mountaineer

Maryland Mountaineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

We emptied out the hills and hollers and brought ALL Fort Hill Nation with us today!!!

This game was complete and utter domination!!! I agree about DougNation and BMO, sad for the Douglass kids, they played hard!!!

#5 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

That was a beatdown.  

25 pt victory + shutout = statement.

Douglass had nothing.

#6 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

To me they were not nearly as disciplined, FH wanted it more and it showed and I believe Douglass was outcoached and I also think that Douglass was a probably a little over confident.

#7 mop

mop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

The 3a champs get beat soundly by a team tied for last In the Miaa and you're hypothesizing Douglass, a 1a team that got walloped by Fort Hill today can beat both Gilman and Mcdonogh. I think we found the brain trust that designed the Obamacare website.

#8 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Who are you referring to mop? I never said anything of the sort. but you are right FH walloped Douglass.

Edited by Outside Looking In, 07 December 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#9 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Who are you referring to mop? I never said anything of the sort. but you are right FH walloped Douglass.

I think he's talking about the other thread about Douglass where AO I believe said they'd match up with McDonogh and Gilman.

#10 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

I thought so because that non-sense never came out of my mouth lol

#11 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

How can anyone put any weight into A0's rambling on.

#12 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,209 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

http://www.thestate....glass-25-0.html

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#13 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Wow. Douglass only had 113 total yards of offense.

#14 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

How can anyone put any weight into A0's rambling on.

The answer is no other than Greyhound....He was right...AO was bored and running out of beers waiting for ncaa championship saturday...Greyhound gave me just the rize I wanted....he never fails...LMAO...

#15 todd2029

todd2029

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

FH routinely dominated the line of scrimmage.  Douglass' passing attack was non-existent for most of the game because FH only needed to rush four players and drop the rest into coverage.  Those four guys up front for FH won that game.  Constantly driving the Douglass blockers into the backfield and causing errant passes or getting sacks.

#16 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

totally agree

#17 First_Down

First_Down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

I was pulling for Douglass but I knew they had a juggernaut coming into Bmore with a lot of tradition and experience. Ellwood will have his guys back. I was also quite surprised of the sparse crowd on Douglass' sidelines. I thought all of Bmore would come out for this one. That is a shame.

Good game FH.

If you thought more Baltimore folks would have been in the stands then you obviously haven't been to many title games at the stadium.  Baltimore is just not into high school football as other places.  Aside from Dunbar who will have just a bump more of a following, most Baltimorians are in to other things.  Basketball would have a greater following and even that isn't over the top. High school sports just doesn't swing the needle in Charm City.   Heck, it didn't for me until a relative played. And I am not saying that is bad.  Different peoples just care to expend their time doing different things.

#18 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

I agree with you first down. I am a bmore city guy. I just thought it was sad for the kids.

#19 First_Down

First_Down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

I don't even think the Baltimore kids not seeing the stands full of folks as sad.  It's just what it is for them.  They probably didn't go to games before they started in high school and likely will not go to games when they are done.  It will all just be for those in the mix at the time; the players, their parents, and their friends or associates.  Certain locations have such a following because for the most part, that's ALL they have, high school football.  We on the outside see it as sad but I really don't think it is.  It's just what it is!

#20 Oil Can

Oil Can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

In MD it's all about the money. $8 is a turnoff for some people. Students should get into those games free and then they could set up some speed cameras around the stadium to recoup the losses. Oh, thats right there already are speed cameras around the stadium to keep O'mally's pockets full. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users