• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hmmmmm...I saw some names listed (i.e. Smith, Gruden, etc.). But so far no Brian Billick. I wonder if this is his ticket back into the NFL.

;)

#2 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Unfortunately, I think Billick has created the notion in owners' minds that he's to head coaching what Mickey Rourke is to acting- a royal pain in the *** that no one wants to work with.  But Rourke did get his chance with "The Wrestler" so maybe Billick will get another opportunity.  I just don't see it happening any time soon.  Also, maybe he doesn't want to coach at this point in his life.

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

I read/heard something that Billick said he wanted to get back to coaching, but owners didn't want anyone as old as he is or as expensive as he is. Of course, Andy Reid had a job the next day, is almost as old as Billick (55 vs 59), and I'm sure Reid did not come cheap. So I basically take everything Billick says with a grain of thought.

:)

(I also get a kick out of all the people who swore that Billick would have a job "THE NEXT DAY", and now it's 6 years later and he still hasn't even gotten a serious interview.)

(That's your cue, Bud. LOL)

(Bud was always amused as well about all the Billick apologists.)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 07 December 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#4 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,488 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

It is a damn strange thing.  The guy always won and he has a ring.  What other superbowl winning coach was shut out at such an early age?

Is there something we don't know?

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

I read/heard something that Billick said he wanted to get back to coaching, but owners didn't want anyone as old as he is or as expensive as he is. Of course, Andy Reid had a job the next day, is almost as old as Billick (55 vs 59), and I'm sure Reid did not come cheap. So I basically take everything Billick says with a grain of thought.

:)

(I also get a kick out of all the people who swore that Billick would have a job "THE NEXT DAY", and now it's 6 years later and he still hasn't even gotten a serious interview.)

(That's your cue, Bud. LOL)

(Bud was always amused as well about all the Billick apologists.)

Yeah, I think the whole age thing is pretty silly.  Billick's still a relatively young man.  My guess is he's just not actively pursuing any coaching job right now because the TV color job is feeding his insatiable ego and there hasn't been any interest from owners.  Probably a combination of both. 

#6 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,064 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'd like to see Brian get another chance but the money he makes from TV, the easier work hours etc. why should he coach again. John Madden coached 10 years and never went back and did well for himself. "Talking heads" in sports and politics are over paid and over listened to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users