Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest slapshot

Maryland vs Marshall?

66 posts in this topic

Did you go to the University of Maryland, Rob ?

You started, but got ejected. That's why you hate Md.

Higher education isn't for everyone.

That said, bet Bob lives in Md. You don't.

Edited by slapshot

You started, but got ejected. That's why you hate Md.

Higher education isn't for everyone.

That said, bet Bob lives in Md. You don't.

I've never got ejected from anything.

And it's "Rob", not "Bob".

Attention to detail is not your strong suit, I suspect.

No wonder you became an "educator". :sneer:

I've never got ejected from anything:

Sure you did (technically you saw the handwriting on the wall and left). Same thing.

Play your cards right, by "creeping" people out, and same thing could happen here.

Will this game make it on TV?  I mean real tv.  I am sure it will be one some obscure channel not on any of the normal cable packages.

I'm sure it will be on one of the ESPN channels.

Did you go to the University of Maryland, Rob ?

No I did not. Did you? I have been on the campus for football/basketball games though.

Do I like the move to the Big 10? Nope.... not at all. Because their football program isn't very good in a mediocre ACC. Now you are going to a power football conference. I expect Maryland to never be more than a 4th or 5th place team in their division in the Big 10. They will never beat these teams: Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, or Northwestern. You might squeak out a win against Purdue or Illinois occasionally. You might compete with Indiana, Rutgers, and Minnesota.

I'm not sure how great the Big 10 is in basketball but with the teams recently at UMD, they are in trouble there too.

I'm not sure how great the Big 10 is in basketball but with the teams recently at UMD, they are in trouble there too.

ACC/BIG 10 challenge was a split. Just sayin'

I thought it interesting that the ACC chose to play three of it's better, and newest conference teams - Syracuse, ND and Pitt - while leaving off longtime weaker ACC teams, Wake, Clemson and VaTech.

I thought it interesting that the ACC chose to play three of it's better, and newest conference teams - Syracuse, ND and Pitt - while leaving off longtime weaker ACC teams, Wake, Clemson and VaTech.

I would guess exposure

I'm not sure if I buy this, but here it is anyway.....

In tonight's Capital (front page of Sports Section), the headline exclaims:

"GIDDY TERPS SET SIGHTS ON BOWL PLANS: Maryland pumped about opportunity in Annapolis"

The article starts out by saying....

"The buzz among members of the Maryland football team has only begun to subside. Mostly, the Terrapins are still riding high after learning on Sunday night that they've...."

OK, and if all true, then good for them that they are excited about playing in the Military Bowl. But "giddy"? Really?

Edited by slapshot

SI ranks it 28th out of 35 bowl games .......

gotta love the summary .......

28. Military (Dec. 27): Marshall (9-4) vs. Maryland (7-5). Three years after Maryland ran off Ralph Friedgen following a Military Bowl victory, Randy Edsall has finally managed to lead the Terps back to the same stage.