Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest slapshot

Maryland vs Marshall?

66 posts in this topic

looks like edsall will need a few more years to get the terps back to where fridge had them .......

heck, a win in the military bowl got fridge fired but a loss in the same minor league bowl is edsall's high point ........

Flounder's yo-yo record from season to season (like his diets) wasn't enough to get Maryland's fickle, fair-weather and generally lousy fans to the stadium. Randy is building the program the right way for long term, sustained success.

Randy has the support of the athletic dept. and they won't waiver because some message board mouth breathers who don't even go to the games are blubbering at the top of their lungs.

They have shown their will to execute their grand vision despite what some small time wanna be boosters want.

Edited by Brohan

Edsall is a washed up hack.  He will be lucky if he makes in through the 2014 season. 

Like your heroes O'Malley and Obama you are having a hard time staying focused.  It is long past time to blame the previous administration and it is time for Edsel to man up and take responsibility.  This was his team and he failed. It is not Bush's fault.  It was not Ehlrich's fault.  And it was not Ralph Friedgen's fault.

Edsall is a washed up hack.  He will be lucky if he makes in through the 2014 season. 

no doubt, even with the opportunity to play in the big 10 and the UA connection, he lost several big time maryland recruits this week .....

terps just need to cut their loses, admit their mistake and make the change ......

The AD and the boosters that matter are committed to Randy.  You two may want to get over it and end the pity party before your heads explode.

I

Two years of injuries killed the Terps current football loss to Marshall.

Glad that the Terps will move into the Big Ten and reevent themselves.

How many wins will brohan call a success in 2014?  3? 5?

according to him, a win is a win ......

they had 7 but beat just 2 teams with winning records, Old Dominion and Virginia Tech.......

VT was in a down year but their best win of the Edsall era .......

Old Dominion had a winning record against powerhouses like Norfolk St, Campbell, Liberty, Howard, etc ......

Terps beat Florida International (1-11), UConn ( 3-9) UVA (2-10), NCSt (3-9) and WVA (4-8) ......

and they were beat by Marshall in a mickey mouse bowl game ......

I just want Maryland to win tournaments in basketball and contend in football.  If Kevin Anderson's two hires get us there: Great.

Right now I don't see it.  But I would love to be wrong.  My best estimate is that we will have bad to mediocre years for both teams in their first two years on B1G play and will be in the market for new coaches in 2-3 years.  If that happens I hope we replace the AD first.

according to him, a win is a win ......

they had 7 but beat just 2 teams with winning records, Old Dominion and Virginia Tech.......

VT was in a down year but their best win of the Edsall era .......

Old Dominion had a winning record against powerhouses like Norfolk St, Campbell, Liberty, Howard, etc ......

Terps beat Florida International (1-11), UConn ( 3-9) UVA (2-10), NCSt (3-9) and WVA (4-8) ......

and they were beat by Marshall in a mickey mouse bowl game ......

Can't wait to see that Big 10 schedule :(

Can't wait to see that Big 10 schedule :(

In all honesty, Maryland is in the tougher division. The divisions were divided geographically, but most people think that has resulted in unbalanced divisions.

2014 Big Ten football schedule for Terps

Date -- Opponent

8/30 -- vs. James Madison

9/6 -- at South Florida

9/13 -- vs. West Virginia

9/20 -- at Syracuse

9/27 -- at Indiana

10/4 -- vs. Ohio State

10/11 -- Open Date

10/18 -- vs. Iowa

10/25 -- at Wisconsin

11/1 -- at Penn State

11/8 -- Open Date

11/15 -- vs. Michigan State

11/22 -- at Michigan

11/29 -- vs. Rutgers

Edited by Rob

Ouch!!! Almost all of them against teams with 7 wins or better. I guess we better enjoy the non conference schedule

Big Ten won only 2 bowl games this year. Michigan State is the only B1G football program that is the real deal. If MD had a better coach, it could play in the Rose Bowl occasionally. Of course ACC football is getter better and will only improve. The South is where it's at.

Big Ten won only 2 bowl games this year. Michigan State is the only B1G football program that is the real deal. If MD had a better coach, it could play in the Rose Bowl occasionally. Of course ACC football is getter better and will only improve. The South is where it's at.

MSU was the Real deal this year. Don't forget PSU. They are still bowl intelligible. And depite Braxton playing the entire game with a bum throwing shoulder, OSU was still in the dominant position to win that game in the final drive. The big Ten's traditional power teams will remain: OSU, Nebraska, PSU and Michigan.

But bowl wins are about match-ups. This is not the BIG TEN-ACC basketball challenge. Not te same thing.

All this said - this I why I said (but everybody criticized me) that Maryland will win it's fair share of games. It should be noted tat Maryland is in the tougher of the two divisions.